Etpub "lag" FIX! Read it!

Andy

I always go to my ET install folder, locate ET.exe, right-click it -> "Add shortcut", then right-click the new shortcut->click "properties", click the "Shortcut" tab, locate "Target" field, add stuff here.

Pull shortcut out to desktop or where ever, rename it to "MyUberShortcut".

My "target" line looks like this:

D:\Wolf260\ET.exe +connect 195.122.135.82:27960 +set r_mode "-1" +set r_customwidth "1600" +set r_customheight "1200" +set r_displayRefresh 85

"+connect 195.122.135.82:27960" takes me straight to the etpub server.

Slightly more carbon-cut than above quote.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried it today, and it looks like it works. Had a steady 90 fps, witch I have never had beside short periods of time, but are not sure if that was max or if I sometime in the past has set it to 90. The drawback to this is that I now have nothing to blame for my poor aim :D

• 10 months later...

I had a huge framedrops, sometimes even to 15 fps, playing at some powerfull gaming laptop with windows7 x64. I tried everything, but nothing really helped.
Then I've set: r_primitives 2 (default is 0) and... magic! -  All framedropping are gone! Now I have stable 125 fps all the time.
It's probably something about OpenGL and it helps with 64 bit systems,

I had a huge framedrops, sometimes even to 15 fps, playing at some powerfull gaming laptop with windows7 x64. I tried everything, but nothing really helped.

Then I've set: r_primitives 2 (default is 0) and... magic! -  All framedropping are gone! Now I have stable 125 fps all the time.

It's probably something about OpenGL and it helps with 64 bit systems,

Mate, thank you for this info - also, pls, it would be nice to know more details about your graphic card and drivers that you using ... You know, it could be connected with other things like 'shared ram on graf. card', driver version and etc etc ...

Thank you for this info!

Mate, thank you for this info - also, pls, it would be nice to know more details about your graphic card and drivers that you using ... You know, it could be connected with other things like 'shared ram on graf. card', driver version and etc etc ...

Thank you for this info!

It's MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro with GeForce GTX 860M, nvidia drivers 344.75, default settings.

Edited by divine_one

Thank you again :)

btw. if you will have time, try to check this config:

// set the rendering method. -1 = skips drawing 0 = uses glDrawElements // if compiled vertex arrays are present, or strips of glArrayElement // if not present 1 = forces strips 2 = forces drawElements // 3 = path for non-vertex array testing// (basically this is vsync -Mygi)seta r_primitives "0"
// enable vertex lighting (faster, lower quality than lightmap) removes // lightmaps, forces every shader to only use a single rendering pass, // no layered transparancy, environment mapping, world lighting is // completely static, and there is no dynamic lighting when in vertex // lighting mode. (recommend dynamiclight 0 and this 1) direct FPS and // visibility benefit seta r_vertexLight "1"
// toggle the use of "simple" mip mapping. used to "dumb-down" // resolution displays for slower machines seta r_simpleMipMaps "0"
// helps to smooth animation during player prediction while experiencing // packet loss or snapshot errors. "detect prediction errors and allow // them to be decayed off over several frames to ease the jerk." from // the source code comments cg_predict.cseta cg_errordecay "100"
// toggle nvidia geforce hardware fogseta r_ext_NV_fog_dist "0"

and also pls, i am really currious (sorry :)  - what value you have for  com_hunkmegs and com_zonemegs ?

Thank you!

Thank you again :)

btw. if you will have time, try to check this config:

// set the rendering method. -1 = skips drawing 0 = uses glDrawElements // if compiled vertex arrays are present, or strips of glArrayElement // if not present 1 = forces strips 2 = forces drawElements // 3 = path for non-vertex array testing// (basically this is vsync -Mygi)seta r_primitives "0"
// enable vertex lighting (faster, lower quality than lightmap) removes // lightmaps, forces every shader to only use a single rendering pass, // no layered transparancy, environment mapping, world lighting is // completely static, and there is no dynamic lighting when in vertex // lighting mode. (recommend dynamiclight 0 and this 1) direct FPS and // visibility benefit seta r_vertexLight "1"
// toggle the use of "simple" mip mapping. used to "dumb-down" // resolution displays for slower machines seta r_simpleMipMaps "0"
// helps to smooth animation during player prediction while experiencing // packet loss or snapshot errors. "detect prediction errors and allow // them to be decayed off over several frames to ease the jerk." from // the source code comments cg_predict.cseta cg_errordecay "100"
// toggle nvidia geforce hardware fogseta r_ext_NV_fog_dist "0"

and also pls, i am really currious (sorry :)  - what value you have for  com_hunkmegs and com_zonemegs ?

Thank you!

Np mate! :)

I've set com_hunkmegs 192 and com_zonemegs 32

I will try your cfg later.

Edit:

I have checked your cfg Eagle and it seems that for me it's all about r_primitives. With r_primitives 0 framedropping is back. Tomorrow i'm leaving again, so i don't have a time for testing a little bit more.

Edited by divine_one

• 5 years later...