headsets

oliveira pt

I use the earphones I got free with my smart phone. I can hear everything pretty well I think, although I got nothing to compare it to heh. Works great for me.

As for a mic I just use my laptop's built in one. It picks up a lot of background sound but pretty good.

I'm a cheapskate :)

My advice would be just go to the shop and buy some cheap crap and see how it is.

• 7 years later...
38 minutes ago, lost said:

I will reopen this topic. Any advice about headset ? I currently had madcatz freq 4, but they Just broke and I need new one :D prefer something wireless. Any auggestions ?

Steelseries arctis series is good. If your budget is limited, get arctis 1 wireless. Should be ~100$ on regular day but there are a lot of sales going on everywhere. If you need extra stuff like removable batteries etc then just look higher grade than arctis 1. Im using them over 3 years now and no real sign of wear, sound good and very comfy to wear. Have suggested plenty of friends them and many are using them already. I think even @Dmxj gave them a go and I think hes satisfied with them. All other I've used before are either much more expensive for similar experience or cheaper in quality and worse to use (have too much latency, have materials that make ears sweaty after 2-3h of use, have bad mic etc).

Overall I think I have ~25 pairs of different headphones and when I used some for gaming (better surround sound etc) and some for music (clarity, noise level, eq) then now Steelseries have been in main use for all tasks.

Edited by Ctrz
Wearing your headphones does not make your farts silent!

1 hour ago, lost said:

Im thinking about Artcis 7+

Yea sure, why not. The higher the number, the better the quality and extras are. But even entry level 1 and 3 work very well for regular user.

Yes indeed, i have a steelseries aswell. 

For me the sound is really good what is great but i have some problems with my mic (the lvl is really low, and for some reasons i can't boost it anymore)

I had the hyperx cloud 2 in the past which was very good aswell

3 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Yes indeed, i have a steelseries aswell. 

For me the sound is really good what is great but i have some problems with my mic (the lvl is really low, and for some reasons i can't boost it anymore)

I had the hyperx cloud 2 in the past which was very good aswell

Doesnt the steelseries program not help with that? Maybe some setting somewhere is low for some reason 😕 . 

I use Hyper X Cloud Mix.

In my opinion It's a really decent gaming headset. You can use it connected by a cable as well as wireless (about 20 - 24h on battery). The sound is Hi-Res Audio certified when connected via cable and is truly amazing. The frequency response between 10Hz - up to 40kHz is something rare in this price class. The headset has 2 microphones, one of which is detachable. Hedset is perfect not only for games and movies, but also for a music. Slightly bass characteristics will be perfect for dynamic music, but I mainly listen to rock/metal and also can't complain about detailed sound.

P.S. Due to the small sound lag while wireless, it is better to connect them with a cable for gaming. With movies and music, there is no such need - it is unnoticeable.

Edited by divine_one

2 hours ago, divine_one said:

P.S. Due to the small sound lag while wireless, it is better to connect them with a cable for gaming. With movies and music, there is no such need - it is unnoticeable.

But I wanna go to toilet midgame :D I dont want wires to hold me back but I wanna keep hearing whats going on :D .

Okay, jokes aside, when I was getting my first wireless arctis - the nonexisting latency was the deciding factor. Every other gaming headset that I had before wore out from some cable connection point or cables were on the way.

13 hours ago, lost said:

I will reopen this topic. Any advice about headset ? I currently had madcatz freq 4, but they Just broke and I need new one :D prefer something wireless. Any auggestions ?

Depends on your budget really, the Razor ones are great for their price point, but if you have the budget then the sennheiser PC38x. Never tested a steel series but they get good reviews

20 hours ago, Ctrz said:

But I wanna go to toilet midgame :D I dont want wires to hold me back but I wanna keep hearing whats going on :D .

Okay, jokes aside, when I was getting my first wireless arctis - the nonexisting latency was the deciding factor. Every other gaming headset that I had before wore out from some cable connection point or cables were on the way.

Wireless latency is not that big, but yeah, i'ts better to use a cable while gaming.

For me, the most important thing was the sound quality and finding a headset "for everything", not only for games if possible. If not i would buy just a good headphones. A friend of mine works in one of the big electronics stores and I had the opportunity to test many different headsets and headphones before buying. Also mid and high-end with prices bigger than 1k Eur. Cloud Mix just simply meet most of my expectations for a reasonable price.

Edited by divine_one

Astro A40TR is really good set. Imo best what I have ever use. Now I have HyperX Orbit S + Astro A50. They are ok too. I have also used several steelseries products in different price categories, but I can hardly recommend them. Not sure if Turtle Beach make headsets for PC but never buy them. Bad overall quality. For budget version Corsair void elite was good. Somehow they have nice sound for footsteps. HyperX Cloud 2 is also nice pick and don't cost a lot.