Trickjump and boostjump

Yes and No

You cannot use trickjump or boostjumps to make let call it main obj who will end map for example You cannot make human piramide on oasis to put dynamite at back of gun but You can use it to get to bunker window on battery

but You can use boostjump to get flag at bunker on delivery before you as allies blow up wall

The Boost was yesterday on sp_Delivery, by allies to get the flag

I get your point CTRZ, WHAT is object ?

If one gets a boost, and kill all, so another player can plant, that is not object, but it helped to do object.

TJ / boost will always indirectly help with object.

But in generaly, TJ ( and boost ) IS allowed, but not to do direct object.

Then again, is it allowed in RADAR to get a boost to get radar parts ( That is done in all official matches ).

And . . . do we want to write one rule ? I Think that doesnt work for all maps.

So TJ / Boost is allowed, but not to do direct object.

• Founders

Delivery you can walk in and get obj with out blowing the walls on beach though you need to blow the wall to get in. So it depend on the map and what obj you need to do before you get in. I am sure most of you have common sense?

Guest bamby
27 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Could we have more consistent rules? Is walljump then allowed on beach to get flag? Or in frostbite to get objective?

C#

Agree, the rule is inconsistent and thus will lead to subjective interpretation. People trickjump to get an advantage, you can't objectively say how big the advantage is or if it contributes directly to completing an objective or not. Either allow trickjumping or don't. 

Edited by bamby
I can't into spelling

We discus about this trickjump thing years ago when I joined in this clan. As I was confused what I can do and what not.

If you need to blow up something you can't trickjump there and take CP/flag. Its not the way how map maker wanted we play his map. Also you can't go to places where you can end map. Ex. you can't jump over the oasis wall and go to blow up the guns.

All trickjump is allowed where you do not skip the obstacle that is destined to be destroyed or something like that. Unless there is already another route already exists there.

Edited by Toni

So we can also conclude that doublejump should not be allowed in places where dyna should create way in? These bending rules are a headache - would prefer strick yes/no rules like Bamby said. I know even servers that adds "roofs" to some maps in some places to disable those jumps.

55 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Then again, is it allowed in RADAR to get a boost to get radar parts ( That is done in all official matches ).

If thats an valid argument then allow all things that are allowed in official matches - HW and arty in spawn, selfkills etc. I dont think we want to go down that road. :) 

C#

Back to topic, I dont think we have an issue here. 

Making a strikt rule wouldn't do us all good.

Like I tried to tell in a long sentence

2 hours ago, Jessica said:

And . . . do we want to write one rule ? I Think that doesnt work for all maps.

Mini told in a shorter version :

2 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

I am sure most of you have common sense?

I dont think having 10 different views is any better. 

2 hours ago, Toni said:

All trickjump is allowed where you do not skip the obstacle that is destined to be destroyed.

Very simple and clear rule. Fits to oasis, fits to beach, fits to delivery, fits all other maps. 

Every trickjump has intention to gain advantage. If advantage is frag - its okay. If advantage is completing objective directly - it should not be allowed.

At least thats my view. Otherwise we will debate in every map what is allowed and what not. Right now - taking flag with boostjump in delivery is okay, but making cp in braundorf without blowing backdoor is not. It does not have consistensy nor common sense.

C#

Edited by Ctrz

• Founders

Why do you keep going on about braundorf?  If someone trickjump in the window that would not be allowed but a cvop could take eng all the way round to build it without blowing any door.

We could change the rule and say no trick jumping or boosting allowed. Would this make it easier? Would it make it more work to watch everyone on the server? 

Guest bamby
19 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

Why do you keep going on about braundorf?  If someone trickjump in the window that would not be allowed but a cvop could take eng all the way round to build it without blowing any door.

We could change the rule and say no trick jumping or boosting allowed. Would this make it easier? Would it make it more work to watch everyone on the server? 

Personally I'd like to see it allowed, as I think skill should be rewarded and I'm saying that while being really bad at trickjumping. The way Toni explains it makes sense, but try explaning that to everyone in like a sentence. I see on the server time and time again that this rule is not enforced consistantly. For example, if Jaime jumps main on Beach without the entrance being blown, admins are saying he is not going to the objective; when I jump the little wall at Ice (the one you can actually run around and it takes like 10 more seconds to get to the same spot) I get instantly warned. 

Boostjump means that one teammate crouches and the other jumps on his head and then he will be boosted :laughing:

Edited by bamby
Still can't write

• Founders

The problem when we allow it people end up rushing map and this leads to the server getting empty even faster then it already does and we are finding it hard already to keep the server active. I really think this wouldn't be a good idea.

The wall on beach as fare as im concerned should not be jumped by anyone whether they are going for objective or not.

5 hours ago, Sammow said:

I have no idea what boostjump is, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

when you go on teammate head and he push you to go for example on the wall

endind this conversation....

What isnt clear in the rules we have now "no trickjump for objective" ? do we really need to write what you can and cant do on every map? or like Mini notice use common sense?

OH, human meatpile. 

I'd say we use common sense and let it depend on the map and moment. If allies are being held back at beach the entire time I could see the use of it. To rush maps it should be forbidden. But then I alsof understand the others, because it's hard to draw the that way.

@Ctrz tbh, i'm more concerned now how that happened that you have this question now, after a year in teammuppet. In my knowledge, nothing changed with 'trickjump for the objective is not allowed'. As previous colleagues wrote, trickjump that u will do for reason to 'win' is forbidden. You can do it as 'killer' but I don't see the reason for it when you should be focused to this when your main goal is obj. Or you just wanna kill someone and not to do the obj ? I'm confused. Hows happened that u have got this feeling that it's allowed or that rule was changed ? Maybe i missed smt ...

3 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

@Ctrz tbh, i'm more concerned now how that happened that you have this question now, after a year in teammuppet. In my knowledge, nothing changed with 'trickjump for the objective is not allowed'. As previous colleagues wrote, trickjump that u will do for reason to 'win' is forbidden. You can do it as 'killer' but I don't see the reason for it when you should be focused to this when your main goal is obj. Or you just wanna kill someone and not to do the obj ? I'm confused. Hows happened that u have got this feeling that it's allowed or that rule was changed ? Maybe i missed smt ...

If I find myself in confusion of not understanding something or seen something unusual -  I have been taught to ask and get it explained to me. Thats how I deal things in real life and I think its fair to raise this discussion here aswell. As I see few different viewpoints from different people, then I understand that even more people might have questions. Did not find any topic that handled that before. Rules and common knowledge are two different things - you cannot say lets establish both. If you say "trickjump that u will do for reason to 'win' is forbidden." Then I completely agree with you. The question is how do you see things in this light. Does this go only for trickjump or also boostjump? 

C#

On 29.05.2018 at 8:49 PM, Toni said:

If you need to blow up something you can't trickjump there and take CP/flag. Its not the way how map maker wanted we play his map. Also you can't go to places where you can end map. Ex. you can't jump over the oasis wall and go to blow up the guns.

All trickjump is allowed where you do not skip the obstacle that is destined to be destroyed or something like that. Unless there is already another route already exists there.

ok to end up topic will quote Toni here I think he wrote it in the most understandable way. to sum up:

-Trickjump for obj is not allowed, also to end map in any way (dyna, flag obj etc)

-Trickjump is allowed for other reasons than to get obj or end map

-Boostjump is allowed (in all cases) it dont need any special skills its consider as team work

If i can add my 10 cents, when trickjumping just to frag, this can be considered as playing for obj to in my eyes. Keep in mind that when you get fragged as defending team you aren't able to defuse a dyna, or any other objective that needs to be done at that time. 

The easiest way to explain the no trickjump rule would be to not allow it at all. Not for any reason it can be allowed. This on the other hand is hard to enforce for members/admins. 

Sorry for beeing an pain in the ass and lighting up this fire again :devil:

6 hours ago, Duro said:

The easiest way to explain the no trickjump rule would be to not allow it at all. Not for any reason it can be allowed. This on the other hand is hard to enforce for members/admins. 

Unfortunately, but Duro is right : making TJ, go kill all people at spawn, and let the rest do an object is also not fair

Perhaps : 

-Trickjump is only allowed as soon as it is also possible to get in without TJ, for example when a gate is already blown.

-Boostjump is allowed (in all cases) it dont need any special skills its consider as team work

And what about an easy jump oven a wall ?

On V2-BASE it is a simple jump over the wall at allies spawn, not TJ, it is just a simple jump. But people also complain : No wall jumping.

8 hours ago, Duro said:

If i can add my 10 cents, when trickjumping just to frag, this can be considered as playing for obj to in my eyes. Keep in mind that when you get fragged as defending team you aren't able to defuse a dyna, or any other objective that needs to be done at that time. 

Sorry for beeing an pain in the ass and lighting up this fire again :devil:

Well, no.

Trickjump has been part of wolf. since return to castle. Im one of those rare finds in these days who start to practice this awesome skill back to then. Its like we should disable panzer because few people dont like it.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:49 PM, Toni said:

• Like 1

Its a funny story here. Ow no poor axis soneone is coming over wall.  Well take a gun and shoot him. If thè point is we cant see everything i agree.  But allowing is same result as disallowing.  We wouldnt have to look. 

I never cared cause its a tm rule but since everyone says his opinion here we go.  Tj is part of the game and iits not a hard skill to learn (well not for normal maps anyhow),  we have a beginner server and i understand disallowing there cause you want People without skill. But on main server it would be same like saying dissalowing people who have 40+ acc cause they have skill? 

I read comments about axis jumping wall and kill allies (without objective), well very often that's their only way they will be able to dyna their door. (while under axiscampingfire for example). I think the rule how it has Always been on tm is very clear to everyone (no obj taken/blowing) and yes it's hard to monitor but like i said it should be clear for everyone, it's another point if there's talk to change it, i would rather see it allowed then dissalowed :) 

Further i don't get boostjump is a thing, it's helping a teammate. But then again it would be disallowed if you use pyramide to trickplant an objective. And further it's accualy a good point, cause most people don't have problems if one player helps the other over/on a wall, but if someone has the skill to do it alone, people start complaining, i'm still trying to find the logic in there, maybe its rather jealous then logic i need to search haha :)

Edited by PurpleHaze
  • Thanks 2