Shuffle Vote

G'day 2,

I observe that there is voted for shuffle pretty much, when the vote passes not everyone is happy with the teams and they tend to leave/spec. Find below a few questions and options we might wanna consider?

• What is the passing percentage of a vote at this moment?
  • Maybe we should switch off voting for shuffle when we got 12+ players? Most of the time there are members around who can shuffle when it's really needed.
  • Make the vote a sort of poll instead of an instant shuffle, just to find out the opinions at that time.

Duro is getting activer so fasten up your seatbelts and stay tuned on the forums :danced:

23 minutes ago, Duro said:

when the vote passes not everyone is happy with the teams and they tend to leave/spec

The reason for that is, I believe, that on legacy there are players who like to play only on one side (ALLIES most of the time), an example can be the player with nick "TheGreatPharaoh", the guy practically plays only ALLIES. So when the vote passes, some of those players end up in AXIS and that could be the reason why some of them go spec/disconnect. In the past, when server was less crowded, we often had problems with unbalanced teams because everyone wanted to play in allies and for example there was only one or two guys in axis with bots. 

23 minutes ago, Duro said:

Most of the time there are members around who can shuffle when it's really needed.

That does no guarantee that the shuffle will be good, I mean the timing (often saw shuffle done in the middle of the game which for me is unacceptable and server-killing). IMO shuffle should be done only on map start. 

I can tell you what we did on TM ETPro server and what turned out to be really popular among players. There is an automatic shuffle (put into map cycle config file) few seconds after end of each map. That way you don't end up playing all the time axis/allies and with the same players, so if during certain map for example axis is overpowered, during the following round it shuffles and problem's gone. And it's all automatic so nobody's "responsible" :D But I seriously doubt that would be a good move on legacy server, mainly because of the reasons that I mentioned above (allies-loving players). 

Edited by Bystry

Ask Pharaoh and more often than not he'll move teams, but yeah his preference is allies. There's no harm in asking people to swap sides if you think it'll help the balance, 99% of people wanna have fun after all.

We should only use shuffle commands during warmup. You can do it at the end of the map but people leave and join between maps making it pointless. Only in rare and extreme cases should anyone shuffle mid map, and chances are there'll be an admin or recruiter to do that for you anyway. Now people are gaining SR on the server we should only be using !shufflesr to shuffle the teams by that stat and not xp.

Highly highly doubt we'll add an auto shuffle like Pro.

I dunno what the percentage is. Mini or Eagle would need to check.

Changing when a vote is available like that may require a lua, and the less we have on the server the better. Better to have the vote option and not need it than need it and not have it anyway I think.

• Nitmod Admin

Shuffle SR works most of the time so we can stick with that. Also, it is true when we ask some players to move they do it. Plus there are also TM members that move around teams to make them balanced.

7 hours ago, Duro said:

Duro is getting activer so fasten up your seatbelts and stay tuned on the forums :danced:

Also , HOT :maninlove:

24 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Only in rare and extreme cases should anyone shuffle mid map, and chances are there'll be an admin or recruiter to do that for you anyway

Maybe you should pin that somewhere or make it like a member's rule :D Some members (recruiters? dunno even who has the rights to do it) like to do a mid-map shuffle a "little" bit too often :D 

Edited by Bystry

This week a asked the highest K/D player : Do you mind if I move you from axis to allies, and he answered : I have no problem with that.

After that move, teams were much better balanced.

So indeed, asking 1 person can help better than a shuffle, where some people switch back after a shuffle ( or disconnect )

• Founders
4 hours ago, Charlie said:

Ask Pharaoh and more often than not he'll move teams, but yeah his preference is allies. There's no harm in asking people to swap sides if you think it'll help the balance, 99% of people wanna have fun after all.

We should only use shuffle commands during warmup. You can do it at the end of the map but people leave and join between maps making it pointless. Only in rare and extreme cases should anyone shuffle mid map, and chances are there'll be an admin or recruiter to do that for you anyway. Now people are gaining SR on the server we should only be using !shufflesr to shuffle the teams by that stat and not xp.

Highly highly doubt we'll add an auto shuffle like Pro.

I dunno what the percentage is. Mini or Eagle would need to check.

Changing when a vote is available like that may require a lua, and the less we have on the server the better. Better to have the vote option and not need it than need it and not have it anyway I think.

i think we use to have a lua in etpub which only allowed you to vote for shuffle say up to 5 mins into the map then you couldn't vote, don't think it would work on ETL though would need a new one.

Vote is set at 50% at the minute

Not sure if the !cancelvote works within Legacy already, but whenever an admin sees a vote for shuffle in the middle of a map he is better to cancel it. Also using the !shuffle command should only be done in warm-up or during game breaks.