Legacy Suggestions

I do play Panza "sometimes" and the very good shooters kill me between the start of the biieieieip and the panza shoots.

In some maps the MG is indeed realy anoying, but same is also true for the snipers in some maps.

Is it not true that it would be very boring with just medics or just cov ops in a team?

33 minutes ago, Voidhead said:

Is there any way to access the statistics regarding how often one side wins/loses per map on the server? That data might help make map balancing decisions.

Looking at splatterladder, you can guess from average time, how hard a map is to win.
"Surprisingly" Goldrush and Dump are really tough. Of course foreign  mapscripts etc are not taken in account. As it is statistics over 1000000 of games it should be fine.

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=maplist

I am the worlds worst when it comes to getting blown to bits by panza "moaning to myself out loud" but it is as you say a part of the game and anyone who plays et, plays it because they love it not because it's the new game on trend. So why change something that aint broken?

As for different weapons powers etc this is a given same like any game, you get to choose what weapon you want and learn how to be good with it. Just because grenade launcher is powerful doesn't mean people are good at using it. 

Pharaoh - you have destroyed me on many occasions with that damn FG! haha and for the point of being left with no health - that's why this game is so team based you need to work with your team so spam that need a medic vsay.

3 hours ago, Jessica said:

is it not true that it would be very boring with just medics or just cov ops in a team?

Yes haha, had this a while ago when fueldump was played cov ops vs cov ops no other classes it was just a sniper war made no sense haha.

As for spawn times, clearly it is just trial and error and we need as much feedback as possible to ensure optimising. Fuel dump for example I have not seen allies win it except for when a cov and engi have snuck through at the opening stages so yes axis spawn time increased.

Goldrush I feel is a similar situation only really won by allies when teams are unbalanced so maybe the same.

Got a chance to play school today! was shocked haha first time its been played when i was on server. Very laggy for me don't know if this is common problem or my et freaking out over new map haha.

I feel like I have typed lots so i will shut up now! haha. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jessica said:

I know 1 map, Goldrush. Axis win > 75%. And still we all vote and like that map :) 

more like 99% lol, literally haven't seen allies win it after the time when spawntimes were "bugged" at 30 seconds some weeks ago

10 hours ago, Jessica said:

I know 1 map, Goldrush. Axis win > 75%. And still we all vote and like that map :) 

I think its so popular map because its large enough to give people room to have all those little fights. Under bridge, on cp, backroute.. Also its one of the original 6 maps, so everyone knows it very well (new players and old players). 

I also really like some other versions of that map where axis spawn on balcony or there are ledges up (that actually help allies a lot). So there is a way to change dynamics of the map by changing the versions.. but do average joe wants it?

C#

It's also interesting to keep in mind that we are discussing changes and suggestions here with like about 10 players?

The majority of the players probably likes the server as it is, otherwise it wouldn't be succesfull as it is. We are even discussing how we can manage a full server by the best of our abilities.

I dont wanna demotivate suggestions or whatsoever, improvements can always be made. But my point is; dont forget those who don't let hear themselves and are just happy with the way things are going.

• Like 3

• Founders
1 hour ago, Duro said:

It's also interesting to keep in mind that we are discussing changes and suggestions here with like about 10 players?

The majority of the players probably likes the server as it is, otherwise it wouldn't be succesfull as it is. We are even discussing how we can manage a full server by the best of our abilities.

I dont wanna demotivate suggestions or whatsoever, improvements can always be made. But my point is; dont forget those who don't let hear themselves and are just happy with the way things are going.

Agreed and remember, the attacking team does not have to win every map so why make it easier for them to do so?

• Like 2