Legacy maps Discusion 3 ( March 2019 )

Several new maps have been placed on the server in recent weeks.
We want to continue this, but we need your input for that.
Please suggest some maps that you would like to see added in our Legacy server
I will then distill all messages to a number of maps which will return in a poll.
To keep a bit of speed in this, I would like to ask everyone to propose maps within a week.
You can also indicate maps you want to see removed. If there is enough response to this, we can see whether this will also be reflected in a poll.
Edited by Jessica

Warbell got lost some when, i want it back . No different versions of the same map anymore (instantly got bored of Supply and Goldrush). "not again" was one of the repetitive comments on the server since adding the both versions.

I'd like to see Fueldump-Z because it is an nice summer atmosphere map. I also like to play Secret Bay, Axis Lab and MLB Temple.

I'd like to see disappear Goldrush and Supply Depot, i've always liked these maps for the years i play this game, until they get repeated every hour again and again. :nono:

4 hours ago, EliteVeteran said:

I'd like to see Fueldump-Z because it is an nice summer atmosphere map. I also like to play Secret Bay, Axis Lab and MLB Temple.

I'd like to see disappear Goldrush and Supply Depot, i've always liked these maps for the years i play this game, until they get repeated every hour again and again. :nono:

Remove two most popular maps on the server? :O

1 hour ago, Bystry said:

Yes, but still those maps get votes, and this is how map voting system works :P

A further confirmation that maybe it's time to force the events, by removing a couple of "always played" maps, regardless the fact that they aren't the best ones. Don't forget that the wheel of maps should change from time to time, to incentivate new gaming experience.

From what I read, you want that the server ET Legacy play always the same 5 maps, and it's ok to change the less popular ones, and keep the most voted. For sure no one will recognize the difference, before and after the map pool change.

I think we have to refer back to the poll and accompanying discussion that was had recently (Legacy maps [VOTE] Vol 2), as it frames and guides the discussion a bit better.

Mr. Muppet indicated a map limit on the server, that 'equates to 26 custom maps as per the ETPub mod'. Which maps are custom maps, or which maps are not custom maps? If I am assuming correctly, the core six are non customs: Radar, Oasis, Railgun, Goldrush, Fueldump and Battery. According to Charlie's list, 29 maps on currently on rotation. Which leaves us with 23 custom maps, and 3 open spots for new maps to be cycled in. As I understand it, pulling one of the core 6 maps out, does not open up room for another custom map to be added, which is relevant further down.

In that topic, people have already made some suggestions which maps could be removed (detracting those that have already been deleted since): Ice, Battery, Reactor, Missile, One version of Oasis, et_mor2 (also know as Marrakesh), Erdenberg_t1, Et_beach and Pirates (Recently bugged out on the server: The gold was delivered onto the truck, but the map did not end). To build further on this list, I think these could up for consideration as well: A version of Supply Depot, Venice, One version of Goldrush, ETL Bergen.

As said, a distinction between custom maps and non custom maps has to be made. If a version of Goldrush and/or Oasis is deleted, it might or might not open up space for a new map. This is not necessarily an issue, just a consideration. And the question poses itself with replacing Fueldump with Fueldump-Z. 

The same topic also gives further input on which maps to add. Both Vesuvius and Colosseum got 5 votes, similar to the recently added Axis lab and School. Cortex and Village were runner-ups with 4 votes each. It would be unfortunate to throw out that input.

16 hours ago, EliteVeteran said:

Deleting Goldrush and Supply Depot sounds rash to me. I do feel the same regarding their repetitiveness, and I have seen other people express a similar sentiment.  Be that as it may, the fact that these maps are so often voted in does mean that a considerable share of the player base loves playing them that often. That should not be neglected. 

There must be other means to promote a more diverse map cycle. As suggested, taking out one version of those maps might reduce their frequency. Or, given that it is possible, filter out maps that have been played recently for X amount of time. Alternatively, opt for an exhaustive cycle where all maps have to be played before the full range of maps is available again. That might already be too strong of a measure, and I have no idea what the impact will be on the amount of players coming to the Team Muppet Legacy server. I would completely understand and expect some hesitancy from the Muppet team too in this regard, as the server is clearly flourishing with the way things are run.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bystry said:

Yes, but still those maps get votes, and this is how map voting system works :P

Whilst I agree with the argument, some nuance is in place. The voting system is not flawless and definitely not (always) representative. Not everyone votes, it's as simple as that.

• Founders

We will always have versions of goldrush, oasis and supply on the server, what we could do is rotate them every month so we only have 1 of each on, but we will never remove the most popular maps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meagain said:

Hey even though im not an member i would suggest to replace the seawall battery with a version which enables that bunker cp spawn for allies :D 

You don't really need to be a member to suggest that lol,indeed the original version of battery is rather difficult for allies,If they wanna go from side way they pretty much need a uniform for that but good luck trying getting one

Currently Battery has a script where the back door is dynamitable the first time, and once repaired it can be satcheled. Removes the need to have a uni and makes axis actually have to defend from two points of attack. Makes it slightly easier for allies. You still need to overpower axis CP though. Still a shit map, but slightly easier :D 

4 hours ago, Charlie said:

Currently Battery has a script where the back door is dynamitable the first time, and once repaired it can be satcheled. Removes the need to have a uni and makes axis actually have to defend from two points of attack. Makes it slightly easier for allies. You still need to overpower axis CP though. Still a shit map, but slightly easier :D 

Would be even less trash map if there was a CP spawn for allies available :D. I think it's matter of map script, it's probably available somewhere on antman.info site, someone would have to check and test it. The problem is that currently allies spawn at the shore, so they have to go all the way up to the side door even when they have CP :) 

9 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

I think the second part of what @Meagain suggested can be solved too.. :) Look above. 

Edited by Bystry

Are there any rules at the moment about excluding maps that have just been played from the voting? Or is it possible to play Gold Rush and Supply Depot over and over again, without any other maps in between?

To name a map: Temple would be nice to try with this amount of players on the server yes :) Map timer has to be correct though. If it doesnt get extended the map is useless. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bystry said:

Would be even less trash map if there was a CP spawn for allies available :D. I think it's matter of map script, it's probably available somewhere on antman.info site, someone would have to check and test it. The problem is that currently allies spawn at the shore, so they have to go all the way up to the side door even when they have CP :) 

I see battery quiet balanced at the actual state. Would not change anything. Same for Railgun. Both are "loved-hated" standard maps but with the actual map scripts, i really like them.

2 hours ago, Sammow said:

Are there any rules at the moment about excluding maps that have just been played from the voting? Or is it possible to play Gold Rush and Supply Depot over and over again, without any other maps in between?

To name a map: Temple would be nice to try with this amount of players on the server yes :) Map timer has to be correct though. If it doesnt get extended the map is useless. 

There's no block to stop maps being repeated so in theory the same 2 maps could be repeated, but the server chooses 8 maps or whatever it is out of 30 maps to vote for. So chances are you won't be the same maps again and again. This is when someone reminds me we played 2 Supplys and 2 GR is 4 maps last night lol.

We played Teuthonia yesterday, it was horrible.

We had some good players on both sides. The teams were not uneven. Still the game was a complete stalemate in the middle of the map. Could be that there were too many people so it was too easy for axis to defend the narrow entrances to the square where the tank is. Anyway, frustrating map with a lot of people. Never gets my vote again :D 

33 minutes ago, Sammow said:

We had some good players on both sides. The teams were not uneven. Still the game was a complete stalemate in the middle of the map. Could be that there were too many people so it was too easy for axis to defend the narrow entrances to the square where the tank is. Anyway, frustrating map with a lot of people. Never gets my vote again :D 

Like in my previous topic, we need more open maps with different walking ways. So you dont have always a fight in the middle of the map with 10v10...

An easy example is radar. 2 diffrent obj and alot alot of ways to get those obj (CP way, back way, main way trickjump at other spaw axis etc..), the focus of the defending team it not 1 place but they have to focuss on the whole map/sides.

Those maps we really need!

Alot of 1v1 2v2 etc actions and not a small area where u see 10v10 with 3 artys 2 panzas and a flamethrower.

Jens

Edited by Dmxj

1 hour ago, Dmxj said:

Like in my previous topic, we need more open maps with different walking ways. So you dont have always a fight in the middle of the map with 10v10...

An easy example is radar. 2 diffrent obj and alot alot of ways to get those obj (CP way, back way, main way trickjump at other spaw axis etc..), the focus of the defending team it not 1 place but they have to focuss on the whole map/sides.

Those maps we really need!

Alot of 1v1 2v2 etc actions and not a small area where u see 10v10 with 3 artys 2 panzas and a flamethrower.

Jens

Suggestions? 

2 hours ago, Sammow said:

I made  complete different experience Teuthonia  playing 10vs10 last week. First taking the tank is hard, but afterwards it seemed much more open to me than original Goldrush. I guess its always like this, new maps are easier to defend than to attack as objectives and short cuts / long routes are not known to attackers, and the defenders spawn closer to obj. Same with Bergen, until someone breaks the sidedoor and puts pressure from there  its impossible to win (Original comment "so we we are fighting over the bridge for 20min now?, stupid map".

Anyways i dont see the need having 2 versions of Goldrush and Supply on the server (its just repetitive). Imo most players vote the maps they know, so i see it as a great luck if Teuthonia, School (which had terrible lag last time i played it at the Truck area), Ice (why is it not more popular? one of the axis attack maps) or Bergen are chosen.

@Sammow not really atm... i asked the admins to make 2 mappools

Mappool A will be unlocked when we got less then 20 players (so all the maps are avi)

Mappool B will unlock when we got +20players this will show only the big maps and good maps not the small maps where u play 15v15 in a small room (adler - frost)

Its just a suggestion

• Like 1