Legacy update

• Founders

Some of you may know we have be experiencing some crashes on the server. We had a fix from Timo to keep the server running. We now have a update version of 2.76 from Spyhawk one of the main Dev from Etlegacy.

The code has a few features (airstrike and artillery visual effects, some debriefing stats improvement), but we implemented mostly bugs fixes. It should run better than 2.76 with little risks of introducing new bugs.

This should have hopefully fix the weapon switching bug also.

Please let us or the Etlegacy team know if there is any issue  https://www.etlegacy.com/

• Thanks 1

Just to mention few new features/bug fixes in this patch that could be interesting for TM members and legacy players:

- med/ammo packs bug fix (bar doesn't get used up so quickly);

- added spawn shield status visibility (when TAB is pressed and in player's HUD);

- visible plane when calling airstrike;

- fast gibbing with knife from behind wounded player (like etpro);

- most damage given award in debriefing screen;

- shooting accuracy areas in the debriefing screen (it shows how many bullets hit enemy players' head, body and leg);

- medic's syringe bug fixed

- GeoIP privacy option added (you can hide your country flag)

I could've gotten something wrong, but I think these are the most interesting features in this patch. If I recall something, I'll add it here.

And of course big thanks to Spyhawk and other devs for preparing this patch for TM!

Edited by Bystry
  • Like 4

There are a few things that might need to be fixed.

The auto-balancer, but that's got its own topic so let's not talk about that.

Artillery doesn't seem to work sometines. I'm not sure if it's map related or something. It sometimes says "Firing for effect", but then nothing comes.

Another thing, at the TAB-menu you can see who's dead and when everyone respawns, also from the opposite team. I don't think it's really fair to see that kind of information from the enemy. It can really change the game. ETBeach for example, going short or long, or spawn passing in general. Those dicisions are a lot easier to make when you see the enemy doesn't respawn for another 10 seconds.

• Founders

They etl team know about the spawn gaurds on both sides being seen, should be fix next release.

The Artillery seemed to stop working last night also then seemed ok. will have to report this to the dev's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founders

Spyhawk as given us another version to fix some of the issues from the lat update.

This is mostly bufixes. The airstrike/artillery missing on some maps should now be fixed. Weapon prediction has been fixed and this should finally take care of the weapon switching bug. A couple of other minor fixes, like the enemy shields wrongly displayed on the scoreboard. New feature included is an team objective indicator, which should improve situation awareness on some objective-oriented maps.

Please report any issues that may appear 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

@SpyhawkI had a bug with weapons not sure if its the same as above but when i spawned i couldn't swap weapons. 

I witnessed the same 3 times now, but only when i was just revived. My weapon didn't show and i couldnt shoot. I was able to reload and switch weapon (according to the ammo showing)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founders

We have uploaded another update changes below

Spoiler
  • Fixed game log not always created on some platform (linux)
  • Added game time in server log
  • Fixed syringe ammo lost when used on a an alive teammate or a killed enemy
  • Removed g_misc 2 option "medic syringe heal" (use the Lua script instead)
  • Fixed tapout reinforcement timer color when spectating
  • Fixed allowed chat length longer than server side limit
  • Fixed command map objective and flag icons displayed above players icons
  • Added vote status indicator in debriefing in mapVote mode
  • Changed limbo health value from -75 to -113 for better gameplay balance
  • Fixed unwanted weapon switch after picking weapon
  • Fixed unwanted grenade switch while leaning after swapping weapon
  • Fixed weird menu overlapping issues, mostly noticeable with customized menus
  • Fixed cg_teamChatsOnly filters Fireteam chat too
  • Fixed "throw" command only used throw flighing type. (fling, throw and launch available)
  • Fixed respawn delayed and could be missed despite no death animation were being played
  • Fixed latched cvars not being able to be changed immediately by the server leading to various game management issues
  • Added in-game team selection menu
  • Added cg_announcer to toggle announcer voice on map start
  • Removed weird flying nade sound (sound backend issue)

Please report any issues to us or the Etlegacy Team https://dev.etlegacy.com

"Overpowered" FG42 is not due to the mod itself, but is due to TM settings (lvl 3 covops). I'd personally recommend TM admins to not level 4 everyone by default, and to play the game as it was originally intended without any "XP save"-like feature. But that might be just me.

Edited by Spyhawk

I actually do like getting straight into the heat of battle rather than starting slow with a pistol and one panzer shot every 5 min (I know it's less than 5 min but still...). Not sure about other classes, but I agree with no level 4 for medic. It's already extra HP to shave off, would get much harder with adrenaline.

3 hours ago, Spyhawk said:

"Overpowered" FG42 is not due to the mod itself, but is due to TM settings (lvl 3 covops). I'd personally recommend TM admins to not level 4 everyone by default, and to play the game as it was originally intended without any "XP save"-like feature. But that might be just me.

From a designers point of view i see what you are saying.

But the server is doing great with the settings as they are now. I would not be very happy to make big changes at this moment. Little tweaking to make things better can always be done.

• Like 1

• Founders

When we first make the legacy server people were asking for xp save, we tried the lua's but they had to many bugs. The only way was to give them all the levels and the server got more poplar. Its very hard in one map to get skills/level and people have different skills, i think if we remove these now we would do more harm to the server then good. We can tweak the setting but i don't think we would remove the levels.

• Like 3

Yes, we understand the psychology aspect behind the need for XP save/skill levels, and why human players "need it". Just keep in mind it indeed introduces a gameplay unbalance at various levels before complaining about it - and that one isn't on the ETL devs, nor it is on the original ET developers that designed the game balance around a gradually leveling skill system.

F.e adrenaline feature itself is fine, but it becomes really problematic once all medic players can have access to it 100% of the time without working first to get it. Same for covops with FG42, fieldops with double airstrike, engi with jacket, and so on.

This said, we have various ideas to hopefully make the leveling system fun and entertaining again, but that will come much later.

Edited by Spyhawk

On 5/3/2019 at 1:50 PM, Spyhawk said:

Yes, we understand the psychology aspect behind the need for XP save/skill levels, and why human players "need it". Just keep in mind it indeed introduces a gameplay unbalance at various levels before complaining about it - and that one isn't on the ETL devs, nor it is on the original ET developers that designed the game balance around a gradually leveling skill system.

I remember sort of XP save system from a place where I used to play. There would be sets of maps - Campaign. XP would last for a duration of campaign and reset with a new one. There were about 4-8 maps in each and you'd vote for a campaign change rather than map at the end. I think it worked well but it would be quite a change from single maps.