Legacy update

I hope this is the right thread for a request/suggestion unrelated to the issues discussed here. I'm one of those (or more likely the only one in ET) who uses /team r x y where x is a number for the class (like 1 = medic) and y is a number for the weapon. The problem is that there are some discrepancies between numbers for weapons in etpro (which I assume uses those of etmain) and etlegacy. As such, I had to create separate config files for these mods and had to find out the numbers for etlegacy by just trial and error.

So my question is: is there a reason behind this? And would it be too much work to change the numbers for weapons such that they are the same as other mods? It's not that big of an issue as I can just figure out the rest of the weapon IDs; I'm just more curious as to why the discrepancy is there in the first place.

3 hours ago, kitizen said:

I hope this is the right thread for a request/suggestion unrelated to the issues discussed here. I'm one of those (or more likely the only one in ET) who uses /team r x y where x is a number for the class (like 1 = medic) and y is a number for the weapon. The problem is that there are some discrepancies between numbers for weapons in etpro (which I assume uses those of etmain) and etlegacy. As such, I had to create separate config files for these mods and had to find out the numbers for etlegacy by just trial and error.

So my question is: is there a reason behind this? And would it be too much work to change the numbers for weapons such that they are the same as other mods? It's not that big of an issue as I can just figure out the rest of the weapon IDs; I'm just more curious as to why the discrepancy is there in the first place.

Yeap. Took some time to figure out single piston placement on class+weapon config. Did find out what is correct with @Timothy december last year. I think med with smg and single piston was like 'class m 1 0'

• Like 1

What are your issues exactly? I’ve never have issues with classes binds in legacy, at least for medic, fops and engi. I know that numbers can differ for soldier and cvops. And for SMG with akimbo I just do /class m 1, without the second number. It chooses akimbo automatically.

1 hour ago, Bystry said:

What are your issues exactly? I’ve never have issues with classes binds in legacy, at least for medic, fops and engi. I know that numbers can differ for soldier and cvops. And for SMG with akimbo I just do /class m 1, without the second number. It chooses akimbo automatically.

yeap. I that 0 is there for me, because I prefer single pistol to akimbos. 

23 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

let's close this.

@The Great Pharaoh thank you for your bug report. Issue was investigated, explained and fixed by ET:L developers.  If you are not happy, well, such a life. I'm sorry.

@Spyhawk Thank you (and to your colleagues too) for detailed explanation and all the hard work you doing! I'm really happy and pleased by cooperation between us and your team

----------------------------

Guys, I want to kindly ask you to refrain from any criticism or insults in any way against anyone. Respect each other even if your opinion is different. This topic isn't for critism about skills of players about differencies that we have between each other. I think that we all want to participate on ET:L development, to make things better and main goal of this topic is to report an issue if someone notice something. If you have a different opinion about way of development, then talk elsewhere https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/boards

Stay on the ground, be polite and don't take this things personally ;) It's only game!

Thank you.

No Eagle, thats not fair, you must let me replay,

although it’s not worthless to replay to Dakudas because he must be new here , and he think that I am crying a lot :) and he didn’t know that I used to play medic in this server, and if I want to play with Fg because I want to, I think I didn’t ask him to play a certain class, because it’s a game, for fun why all that hate , 

then he took some word from Kitizen as proof, because he think kitizen is an Expert in Fg, but if any one  read the first sentence of Kitizen replied, he’ll never finishreading because he new that he don’t understand what Fg do, 

“@Pharaoh: I tested the FG a few times for short periods (it is mostly useless for obj; I do obj) and there is a problem. ”

let me know your real name in game to deal with you ;)

my only replay to the developer , although I can replay on more much than this , when I Asked some questions, no body replied to it, it’s only need a logic and brain, I didn’t tell him that the codes he wrote it wrong , no , it’s just simple question, is it fair to let covert ops with low power Fg after the fix. How is simple is that.

no body replies

he wrote:

The second one is what we always aimed for, and that's to stay close to the original gameplay and of basically any other mods out there.

my reply is , did the bazooka stay close to original , artillery ,support fire, grenades, rifle grenades, Like any other mods I think not.

one last thing,

yes, I think myself expert in Fg, as you think you are expert .

I’ll neve write againe in legacy update forum again

I'm sorry Phara, but i can't agree with you. Previous problem was reported, investigated and fixed by ET:L devs in release that we have on the server right now.

1. It was bug.

2. it was fixed

3. If you can't accept that you used a bug as advantage and now you are not happy, i'm sorry but life is hard somtimes but this is fair to others.

21 minutes ago, The Great Pharaoh said:

’ll neve write againe in legacy update forum again

well, it's your decision. I will accept it.

@others: please, don't react on this because this is going to nowhere... Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, kitizen said:

Hey, I use class selector for every class and most weapons and it works fine for primary weapons. The only issue is that soldier sometimes grabs akimbos instead of mp40/tommy, not sure why it happens or when, been too lazy to work it out :)).

And as I opened my cfg to check what it says, I realised that I use /team r 1 3 or  /team b 1 8 for joining teams only and then /class x y z for choosing actual class and weapon

anyway, here's a list of what works for me (every class is with akimbos apart from soldier):

Spoiler

medic  /class m 1 2

fdops  /class f 1 2

eng+smg  /class e 1 2

eng+rifle  /class e 2 2

soldier+panzer  /class s 4 3

soldier+mg42/browning  /class s 2 3

cvops+sten  /class c 1 2

cvops+sniper  /class c 3 2

cvops+fg  /class c 2 2

I have it as binds on keys for each separately.. if it's confusing, I can give you the cfg files, just trying to help here :angel:

And FYI, Legacy has also an in-built class selector too if you don't mind it being a little bit slower to use than custom binds ("P" key by default). It doesn't allow to select secondary weapon yet (pistol/akimbo), but we'll hopefully extend that soon. Team can be selected with the "J" key.

• Like 1

Talking of fg42... when I use it and I zoom in, it only zooms in one level then gets stuck so I can’t zoom out again.

i have to come out of scope then go back in again if I want zoom but then only one level.

when I use the sniper it’s absolutely fine.

any ideas? I’ve not done any custom changes that i’m aware of 

1 hour ago, Svepa said:

Talking of fg42... when I use it and I zoom in, it only zooms in one level then gets stuck so I can’t zoom out again.

i have to come out of scope then go back in again if I want zoom but then only one level.

when I use the sniper it’s absolutely fine.

any ideas? I’ve not done any custom changes that i’m aware of 

You know ... I've played ET for so many years now and I never knew there was more than 1 level of zoom while sniping.

What else don't I know!? :( 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Charlie said:

You know ... I've played ET for so many years now and I never knew there was more than 1 level of zoom while sniping.

What else don't I know!? :( 

You can have gun left- or righthanded or more zoomed in?

image.png

3 hours ago, Svepa said:

Can you zoom in and out when using the FG42, or does it get stuck in a zoom level like me?

I'll try when Im home. I use it as spray and pray gun in close quarters :D .

4 hours ago, sensi_ said:

So for example:  class m 1 2 is a medic with smg + akimbos, Seto said class m 1 0 is a medic with one pistol (Thanks for that Seto i also prefer 1 pistol <3). What's class m 1 1 then?

Well, I only use m 1 0 for med+smg+single pistol. Im not sure if m 1 2 is anything or its equal m 1 1 that should be med+smg+akimbo.

11 hours ago, Spyhawk said:

`0` has the same effect as `1`. So `class m 0 0` is the very same as `class m 1 1`.

As a general rule, use 1 for pistol only, 2 for akimbo.

Thanks for clearing it up Spyhawk :)

bind F5 "class m 1 1;play sound/chat/axis/62a;echo ^2/^7medic"
bind F6 "class e 1 1;play sound/chat/axis/63a;echo ^2/^7engineer"
bind F7 "class e 2 1;play sound/chat/axis/63a;echo ^2/^7engineer^2/^7rifle"
bind F8 "class f 1 1;play sound/chat/axis/64a;echo ^2/^7fieldop"
bind F9 "class c 1 1;play sound/chat/axis/65a;echo ^2/^7covertops"

This is what i'm using atm :D.

I think i found another bug. My client keeps crashing to desktop when speccing (when there alot of ppl on the Server). It happens short before the round Ends. Tried to reinstall the client but it still crashes. Don't had that before.

Edited by sensi_

• 1 month later...

Hi All, (My First post)
After a 13 year break from RtCW/ET, I have been enjoying myself playing (and dying :)) on the your Legacy server for the last couple of weeks now, cheers for that.

The server says to report any issue with the latest version so here is a few from me.

1. The server crashed some days ago and ever since myself and I noticed a few others are not getting any SR or it stays at 0.00 ?
Even its a nice cover of how bad I am, is there a way to fix it?

2. When I do a /devmap of one of my own maps. (Have not yet tried with a pk3)

• Sound missing when picking up Ammo from cabinet.
  • Sound and Exp. Animation missing from nades (They still hurt)
  • Could be more, as I have only tested this alone

If I remove the 2 downloaded files, issue 2 is back to normal

• pak3_v2.76-442-gb2a9387.pk3
  • etl_bin_v2.76-442-gb2a9387.pk3

Yeah I know.. I shouldn't use the same installation for mapping as i use for playing :) 

Thanks for a good server

Arno

Edited by Arno

• Founders

We have a new version of ETlegacy to put on the server hopefully this will sort some of the issue's above. Lets see how that goes and then if it doesn't work we can let etl devs know there is still some bugs :)

Thanks for taking the time to report the issue's :)