Legacy update

a mass packet loss just happened, not related to legacy only, it was whole box unavailable .. tried a different sources but finally it started responding from honkong lol .. dunno what happened, searching but it wasn't connected with our box ... well, imo network issue ...

Server just crashed again on Fueldump [Nov 05 2019 at 16:15]. Had some occasional weird spastic movement going on as well. Also froze twice and needed to reconnect. Together with me 7.62 (player) froze as well. Always the two of us freezing together, rest could just carry on playing.  

• Founders

Thanks for the information, I saw the crash as I was streaming the console live as well as network and system resources, there where no issues, the server just restarted without any error or command so unfortunately I have nothing to feed back to the devs regarding this.

I saw the bad command byte for client 20 and 24, what client are you using?

• Founders

Please install as Mini as posted above, I would assume that when the dev's test their builds they all use the latest ETLegacy client and not an old vanilla? though it may be an issue the dev's can look at moving forward if the mitigation of the bad byte issue is simply a change of client then that's what is needed.

@street aka steve

we were forced to come back to the 442 version.. so imo all the problems will be gone for now... with etl;devs we will work on another build hopefully more stable... stay turned...

Edited by Eagle_cz
EDIT: if anyone will get 999/freeze issue please let me know thx
  • Thanks 1

In my search for SR I found some posts about it in the beginning of this topic.

My SR always remains 0.00. Even when I get a possitive SR for a map. Now I'm not sure if I suck that hard so I'm below 0.00, or that something is wrong.

Im using ETL launcher and havent got disconnection issues. But cannot promise this as cure as I have not seen people disconnecting in server lately either (when Im online at least).

I also had 0.00 before but now SR is slowly having some values.

@Eagle, can you give the answer ?

I think, when you start to play and loose, you get negative in the database, but SR is never show negative, but displays it at 0.0

If that is true, How can we see the real ( negative ) SR of a player ?

so Sammow knows how many time to win to get above zero ? :)

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Jessica said:

@Eagle, can you give the answer ?

I think, when you start to play and loose, you get negative in the database, but SR is never show negative, but displays it at 0.0

If that is true, How can we see the real ( negative ) SR of a player ?

so Sammow knows how many time to win to get above zero ? :)

Could we reset SR values over time? Like once a month or .. ? 

38 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Could we reset SR values over time? Like once a month or .. ? 

yea, that would make it also more bearable, so people won't disconnect/reconnect/go spec 5 seconds before the end of the map ;-) 

1 hour ago, FritVetBE said:

yea, that would make it also more bearable, so people won't disconnect/reconnect/go spec 5 seconds before the end of the map ;-) 

I dont think doing those things will save them from SR :D 

15 hours ago, FritVetBE said:

go spec 5 seconds before the end of the map ;-) 

I noticed for some people that this isn't working, neither is swapping to the winning team just before the end. So in that sense SR is working well.

7 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

server updated to version 627-ga46406d

SR database was cleared & our 'extended' wolfadmin is not working, so we using default one (until i will fix it).

Does that mean we can't use any commands until then? Currently it's impossible to keep order on the server. Or is it an error that all commands are now gone?

Had to teamkill Pirata today to stop him from mortaring Allied spawn.

Edited by Mister J

1 hour ago, Mister J said:

Does that mean we can't use any commands until then? Currently it's impossible to keep order on the server. Or is it an error that all commands are now gone?

Had to teamkill Pirata today to stop him from mortaring Allied spawn.

lol ...

ok, it's fixed now

• Thanks 3

• Founders
2 hours ago, ryven said:

Are players still having 999 and movement stuck issues? While playing on newer version i haven't noticed anyone complaining about it anymore.

@ryven I think I can safely say that the new build is the most stable yet, we have had no crashes since the installation and I have streamed the console log live on many occasions now and there have been no bad command byte issues or 999 bug, this build seems to have eradicated those bugs. There have been a couple of clients disconnected due to time out but these must have been client side issues though they stated it was a bug I saw nothing to confirm that.

I would encourage anyone now that sees any issues either connection or gameplay to post again so they can be captured, even if they have been posted before the developers may have thought they have fixed the issues but these may have returned under the new build.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it crashed twice today. Once at Bremen (Nov 19 2019 at 17:11). I noticed it occurred right at the *click* of an Axis field-ops throwing an airstrike marker.

Second time happened at Adlernest two maps later.

Both instances stuck and looking to the air, reconnecting only option.

Edited by Mister J