Legacy update

15 hours ago, Ctrz said:

I understand that. But I can only see SR ﹥ 0.00 . Would be more helpful to see if player is for example -0.04SR overall or -27.04 .

Ok, I see your concern now. As a general rule, player skill is modeled as a Gaussian, and SR values below 0 are extremely near that value. There isn't -27.04, more like -0.02. Think of it as a value that is slightly aggressively rounded.

As a sidenote, the previous old versions (the ones that didn't crash) had some issue with the old vanilla client that might cause some value to be surprisingly set to 0, so some fixes have been added to avoid some weird edge cases. That issue need monitoring to check if the fixes completely solve the issue in the new version, or if more additional work is needed.

• Like 1

Yeah soz, what i heard after i reconnected every one froze and had to reconnect so all clients crashed cant tell if its client or server cause i had to try to reconnect like 3 times before it would reconnect me and it was then on a diffrent map altough map just started.

Yeah and it happen when player °punda° was in game... its confirmation of my idea about problem with spec chars. I used both clients- old ET and new Legacy. Old et client was unusable once punda wrote something on the main chat. With legacy client i had 'only' few secs lag/freeze and then it worked normaly... any idea @Spyhawk please?

When I played this only rep you could get was people looking at your demos, you winning tournaments and how much PC magazines wrote about you or clan you are in.

When did 29yr start to feel so old ...uh.

I wouldn't preoccupy with SR thing ...

But I understand some of you are just irritated by it or want it to work proper if it's already installed ...

It's a cool addition, but if you are trying to build your image with having it high up, you won't do yourself a favor.

I was owning few people with high SR, and I'm N00b. Mostly and usually I would get owned by guys like meep, TheGreatPharoh, kuja, few TM guys also ...

Your preoccupation should be: gl hf, do your best, then gg and just roll.

Edited by SpuCky

8 hours ago, Spyhawk said:

Ok, I see your concern now. As a general rule, player skill is modeled as a Gaussian, and SR values below 0 are extremely near that value. There isn't -27.04, more like -0.02. Think of it as a value that is slightly aggressively rounded.

Stange, I saw people winning 2 maps in a row, ( + 1 and + 0.5 ) and still 0.00, so they had to be at LEAST -1.5.

Showing the negative SR would help to explain everything

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jessica said:

Stange, I saw people winning 2 maps in a row, ( + 1 and + 0.5 ) and still 0.00, so they had to be at LEAST -1.5.

Showing the negative SR would help to explain everything

Showing negative or start everyone from (lets say for example) 25. Some goes above and some go below.

I had no problems with the server the last couple of days, however today I crashed once (reconnect after) and it was fine...

After some maps I kept crashing, so I kept reconnecting.. but I crashed instantly again (map vesuvius) after every reconnect..

Connected to Legacy fine and have a low stable ping.

Smack some tracert legacy.teammuppet.com things up in cmd prompt next time it happens and it'll help us see if it's a server/provider issue, your issue or somewhere in the middle. The logs might show something but I don't have the time to go right through them unfortunately.

Edited by Charlie

• 2 weeks later...