Legacy update

15 hours ago, ryven said:

@Duro thanks for the demo, it seems that your last 4 bullets went straight into wounded body, and are not counted as hits or misses.

Oke thanks for looking into it! Is it fair to say this is common and does not need further investigation?

Yes, this is working as intended. Some mods do take gib into account (like NQ - which counts spent bullets), but we especially don't want to "punish" players when they gib by computing a lower accuracy. Rather, we prefer to display the real accuracy on alive target, like many other mods do (such as etpro).

Issue 1/ is now fixed in master, and 3/ is a misconfiguration by TM. 

Edited by Spyhawk

• Founders

@Spyhawk We now have a couple of mac players who can not connect to our server after the last update. They have tried installing everything manually but doesn't make any difference.

They both can connect to ETL server without any issues. Is this something to do with the build we have now?

Hello there,

I have an issue on mac (macOS mojave version 10.14.6). So since a week or two I can't connect to TM ETLegacy anymore.

I get this error message "Service Disconnected - Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced!"

Basically when I saw that the first time I tried to do a fresh install by deleting the ETLegacy files from /Applications/ET Legacy/ and ~/Library/Application Support/etlegacy

But still I have the same issue

The weird thing is that I can connect to ETLegacy dev server

Anybody can help me with that?

PS : Happy new year everyone and thank you for taking care of this beloved game :wub:.

@MiniMuppetThe previous build doesn't have the mac files, due to a last minute issue with that platform. I just sent you a PM regarding a new build, which does include mac files. So mac OS X users will be able to play as soon as you update to the new version.

(we asked Eagle to update to a new version with mac files a few days ago, but I guess he couldn't do it).

Edited by Spyhawk

Changelog for this new version:

• Fixed simpleItem colour not updated for current weapon when picking up weapon

• Allow spectators to send team messages to each other

• Fixed max chat length in intermission

• Fixed dynamic maximum health computation

• Added cg_etVersion info display in /players

• Fixed stats of previous map are displayed in warmup

And Mac OS X files are back!

Edited by Spyhawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ande said:

I have heard that mortar shows on map different place than it actually hits

Thats true, totally forgot to mention it...its way off atm.

Also a remaining Problem is that a Player thats revived near a Wall might be stuck in the Wall and cant get free of it.

I believe I’ve finally figured out an issue I have when I have panzer.

I’ll be using the panzer, die and respawn as a soldier with the default machine gun and that’s it, I’ll the notice someone in my team is using a panzer, so it looks like they’ve stolen it.

I think it’s a bug, but basically I believe what happens is I die, then another soldier on my team sees a panzer on the floor and picks it up, then when I next spawn and notice I’ve been stripped of owning the panzer I have to re-select my weapon of choice in the menu.

I hope this makes sense, but would be great to fix this

1 hour ago, Svepa said:

I’ll be using the panzer, die and respawn as a soldier with the default machine gun and that’s it, I’ll the notice someone in my team is using a panzer, so it looks like they’ve stolen it.

I think it’s a bug, but basically I believe what happens is I die, then another soldier on my team sees a panzer on the floor and picks it up, then when I next spawn and notice I’ve been stripped of owning the panzer I have to re-select my weapon of choice in the menu.

This also happens when there is a 2nd BOT soldier in the team.

6 hours ago, Svepa said:

Svepa, this looks you are talking about the Beginner Server. On that server it works that way, on EtLagacy ( unfortunately) not :) 

21 hours ago, Svepa said:

I'd say this is more a limitation of the weapon restriction feature than a bug, and that it shows more easily on crowded server. I wouldn't know how to fix that properly: preventing players to pick a weapon laying on the ground because its "owner" is in limbo doesn't sound great to me.

Edited by Spyhawk

Some things I noticed:

It seems !listplayers only shows up until 24 players maximum. When more online they are omitted from the list.

Then I experience unexpected weapon changes. While being medic it sometimes changes to grenade (even while shooting your main gun in the middle of a fight). As an engi it switches to secondary weapon (dual wields).

Oh and server crashed yesterday 20 seconds in Frostbite ( Jan 06 2020 at 19:46 ).

@Mister J Before this happened, were you swapped from a team to another one by any chance? We fixed an issue related to weapon recently in master.

For the crash, we'll need the log. Whoever's in charge (@MiniMuppet?), if you please... :)

The !listplayers issue is known, but this is from WoldAdmin side, which isn't maintained at the moment. You can use the built-in `/players` command as a workaround.

Edited by Spyhawk

2 hours ago, Mister J said:

It seems !listplayers only shows up until 24 players maximum. When more online they are omitted from the list.

This is more a random number, a few days ago we had 20 players, and !Listplayers only showed 4 names.