change log

Spoiler
  • Fixed non working hitSounds UI options

• Fixed revive icon not displayed to following spectator

• Merged all cg_bob* cvars into cg_bobbing

• Readded syringe stats

• Lua

• Fixed/removed static classname of Lua entity create/fixed possible crash
    • Fixed Lua vm stack was uncontrollably growing after each hook callback call
    • Added constants for gamestates, teams and skills
    • Added WP_AIRSTRIKE constant
    • Added ps.pm_type, ps.velocity, ps.viewangles, ps.viewheight, ps.leanf entity fields available
    • Added G_LuaHook_WeaponFire callback
    • Added GetCurrentWeapon, trap_Trace, G_HistoricalTrace functions
    • Added PM and STATS constants
    • Added CONTENTS, SURF and MASK constants
    • Added G_LuaHook_FixedMGFire, G_LuaHook_MountedMGFire, G_LuaHook_AAGunFire callbacks

The correct changelog for this new version:

* Fixed non working hitSounds UI options
* Fixed revive icon not displayed to following spectator
* Merged all cg_bob* cvars into cg_bobbing
* Readded syringe stats
* Fixed small scoreboard toggle to avoid overflow with many spectators
* Lowered adrenaline and shield powerup icon priority on HUD
* Fixed version string cut off in /players commands
* Fixed dumpstats file not always created on *nix
* Fixed windowed mode set without border in UI
* Added better ready icon
* Fixed kicking wrong player by using robuster client num
* Fixed shoutcaster can't differentiate spotted landmines
* Fixed shuffle team string leftover
* Added prestige popups filter
* Allow reading custom huds from a local file (hud.dat)
* Fixed item stutter while stuck in solid
* Fixed falling sound event timing
* Added persistent xp save for campaign
* Fixed dozens of code defects reported by Coverity

Anyone knows what the settinga re for : cg_bobbing

I now have :

set cg_bobpitch "0.002" // set amount player view bobs forward/back while moving (0.002) 
set cg_bobroll "0.002" // set amount player view rolls side to side while moving (0.002) 
set cg_bobup "0.005" // set amount player view bobs up/down while moving (0.005) 
set cg_bobyaw "0.002" // set amount player view bobs up/down while moving (0.002) 
set cg_runpitch "0.002" // set amount player view bobs up and down while running (0.002) 
set cg_runroll "0.005" // set amount player view rolls side to side while running (0.005) 

cg_bobbing accepts value 1 or 0. It is now an off/on setting. You can also use the UI setting option. 

@Ande Previous Prestige data had some inaccurate data because TM initially use wrong settings (many regular players got free Prestige points). This in turn made the data analysis harder than it should have been, as we don't have a truly accurate picture of player data, which will be used to see what should be done to improve it.

The reset makes it also fair for everybody now.

Edited by Spyhawk

13 minutes ago, Spyhawk said:

cg_bobbing accepts value 1 or 0. It is now an off/on setting. You can also use the UI setting option. 

@Ande Previous Prestige data had some inaccurate data because TM initially use wrong settings (many regular players got free Prestige points). This in turn made the data analysis harder than it should have been, as we don't have a truly accurate picture of player data, which will be used to see what should be done to improve it.

The reset makes it also fair for everybody now.

I used the settings in the UI and gun still moving.  I tried /cg_bobbing 0 and it still moves.

Also will the levels remain now, or will the next update reset them again?

* cg_bobbing has never been about the gun moving, whatever than means (I have no idea).

* We don't know yet. That depends on what changes will be done, and if the current database will stay compatible or not. What I do know is that if/when we expand the system on the current foundation, by allowing perks for people that have prestige points, then everybody that made use of the system will have an edge start on people that didn't make use of it. Choose wisely. :P

Edited by Spyhawk
typo

3 minutes ago, Spyhawk said:

* cg_bobbing has never been about the gun moving, whatever than means (I have no idea).

* We don't know yet. That depends on what changes will be done, and if the current database will stay compatible or not. What I do know is that if/when we expand the system on the current foundation, by allowing perks for people that have prestige points, then everybody that made use of the system will have an edge start on people that didn't make use of it. Choose wisely. :P

Gun bit is sorted so ignore me on that.

What do you mean by edge start? Well I know what it means but how in this case?  I'll be honest I've never been interested in prestige, I just want to play for fun and not be at a disadvantage for people who wish to play along with prestige, which sounds very much like what you could be doing in the future?

• Like 1

Would it be possible to default the cg_bobbing value to 0? Quite a few people were asking about the crosshair moving yesterday and everyone got their issues fixed by changing the value to 0. Personally I didn't even realize it's a cvar issue, figured it was something you guys added in the update. :D But it sure is annoying to play with.

• Like 1