Maps Suggestions [May]

6 hours ago, RedDwarf said:

any of the huge maps for this popular server.
market garden
Xposed
Cappuzo final
Blackmoon raid
Dam Revenge.
All have bot waypoints.

Not Baserace plz. I understand that it was popular on your etpub server, where is that server now?

Seawall Battery is fine with the mapscript. backdoor is dynamitable for allies, access ramp can only be satchel charged by axis cvops 3 times and then axis need to dynamite it.
command post spawn for either team is a map winner, buildable access ramp to west MG...works for me.

Will need to look in to some of them maps. Never heard of half of them lol.

Baserace was never what you'd call popular on Pub and was in and out of the rotation for years. It was more of a main stay on Jaymod/Nitmod. It's a bit daft to attribute a map to a server's failure though, especially seeing as we have a separate server dedicated to said map that is ranked higher than Pub.

I can see Xposed being pretty difficult in the latter parts of the map for allies.

2 hours ago, Bystry said:

Cappuzo was removed from the server a couple of months ago. 

It's up for being readded though as it was borderline for being removed in the past. We could arguably do with more larger maps. I'll make @Eagle_cz do some work in regards to map scripts for this map and a couple of others so they are fit for purpose. Ain't no such thing as a holiday when you're TM's leader Eagle!! :D 

Edited by Charlie

22 hours ago, RedDwarf said:

market garden
Xposed
Cappuzo final

Please, no. Just no. These are exactly the lame maps that we fought to remove from the server a couple of months ago because they kept killing it.

I'd like to just quickly add my 2 cents here. Please, leave weird, custom, big-ass maps (like baserace) for nitmod, jaymod and other weird mods. Just like the legacy mod itself, this server should remain pure and simple. That's what I like about it and I'm sure that's what many players like and it's the reason they keep playing there. The simplicity and pureness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't add new maps at all and play supply and grush all the time, but there should be more thought put before adding maps that were just removed. 

Edited by Bystry

50 minutes ago, Bystry said:

Please, no. Just no. These are exactly the lame maps that we fought to remove from the server a couple of months ago because they kept killing it.

I'd like to just quickly add my 2 cents here. Please, leave weird, custom, big-ass maps (like baserace) for nitmod, jaymod and other weird mods. Just like the legacy mod itself, this server should remain pure and simple. That's what I like about it and I'm sure that's what many players like and it's the reason they keep playing there. The simplicity and pureness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't add new maps at all and play supply and grush all the time, but there should be more thought put before adding maps that were just removed. 

In some ways I agree. Classic and more known maps seems to be favoured by people. Yes, fueldump is loves and hated, but everyone knows it. For me its suprise that people are asking in Cathedral - what should I even do in this map. So maybe there's the clue.

Xposed is a nice map and I like it, but its a pain in the butt map for new people because of so many hidey-spots and angles you can get killed and you never work out where you were shot. 

17 hours ago, Charlie said:

It's up for being readded though as it was borderline for being removed in the past. We could arguably do with more larger maps. I'll make @Eagle_cz do some work in regards to map scripts for this map and a couple of others so they are fit for purpose. Ain't no such thing as a holiday when you're TM's leader Eagle!! :D 

impossible ... im afk till friday - resp. with limited connection to the internet (only on mobile phone) ... so if you will really want to do that, i can do it on saturday

• 2 weeks later...

Finally off work for a few days.

This is the last chance to suggest additions and removals. Go poke people on the server to get their opinions and post them here, or pass them on if they don't wanna post.

Baserace / Troop Train / 1944 Beach / Cortex / V2 Base / Transmitter / X-Posed / - possible additions.

Upgrade Ice to v2 of the map.

Italy won't be added. We had tech issues with the map. F|A's version only has their own game play improvements from what I understand.

Saberpeak won't be added. It was not long removed due to only Kermit and his friends playing it.

Blackmoon Raid and Dam Revenge won't be added to the vote this time around.

Market Garden is like Saberpeak and didn't work out last time.

Battery_sw / School / Marrakesh Night - possible removals.

Before I make the poll I'll see if Eagle has done something in the 10 days since for scripts for some maps. Also we won't add too many silly maps at once. Troop Train, Cortex and Baserace I might treat as one category so to speak, so only one of them get added this time around.

One removal = one addition remember too. The most you will see added is 3 maps due to the lack of maps requested for removal as of this post.

Battery is played fairly regularly and is kinda made to stop axis pinning allies on the beach and it be centered in the bunker instead. It'll take a large number of votes to remove this compared to school and marrakesh.

I'll add an optional vote to swap Supply with Supply Night due to my promise last time. I'll only pass it if it's a high majority. If you want any other versions rotated around let me know.

Edited by Charlie

10 hours ago, Charlie said:

I'll add an optional vote to swap Supply with Supply Night due to my promise last time

Supply is very popular, I hardly dare to ask, but is both an option ?

On 5/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, Svepa said:

Airfield assault! Great map from what I remember

https://et.trackbase.net/map/112/ 

Not had the chance to look but does this have way points for bots given it's only a FP1 version?

6 hours ago, Lefo said:

Why no v2 factory? :/

Cos no-one has suggested it :) Consider it added to the vote.

I'll close this tomorrow and open a poll, so make sure requests for additions/removals are in before then.

Edited by Charlie

On 5/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, Svepa said:

Airfield assault! Great map from what I remember

https://et.trackbase.net/map/112/ 

I couldn't find waypoints for this so I can't add it, sorry :(

It turns out Charlie is a lair, I found waypoints!! So consider it added to the poll :) 

Edited by Charlie