Map Suggestions [August]

It's like a month later than I wanted it to be but I totally forgot to be honest. Charlie isn't a good admin these days. Suggest some maps you wanna play on Legacy. At least 2 maps will be removed and 2 added.

Here is a list of what is on the server and what has previously been. Note maps that won't be considered again.

This is a rough guide to how much each map played over the last 7 days.

If you have any quirky suggestions then by all means let us know here.

1 hour ago, Svepa said:

Airfield assault! Sadly it missed out by a vote to 1944 beach which is hardly played as far as i’ve seen.

a fun one that could be added is goldendunk 

https://et.trackbase.net/map/126/ 

Its madness with 20vs20.

Minas trith, maybe railgun summer version? Also just 1 Grush please and could we make that supergoldrush please?

11 hours ago, xen on wii said:

add capuzo airport and school and remove 1944 beach and warbell them to maps r never played when i am on

School won't be added this time around. It was removed last month due to not being played. I vaguely remember a bug being reported now and then on the map too.

7 hours ago, Svepa said:

Airfield assault! Sadly it missed out by a vote to 1944 beach which is hardly played as far as i’ve seen.

a fun one that could be added is goldendunk 

https://et.trackbase.net/map/126/ 

Golden Dunk will be added to the silly maps list with Cortex and others suggested like them, and voted for separately again. Minas will probably fall into this category too.

5 hours ago, Ctrz said:

Its madness with 20vs20.

Minas trith, maybe railgun summer version? Also just 1 Grush please and could we make that supergoldrush please?

We could swap railgun version yeah. Just need to make sure everything works like scripts. Don't think we'll remove or change GR versions. They are both among the most popular maps.

4 hours ago, Frezzh said:

My suggestions:

https://et.trackbase.net/map/8422 

Blackwood Beta 2
Played 1,517 times.

https://et.trackbase.net/map/48/  

Streets of Italy FP 2
Played 889,762 times.

https://et.trackbase.net/map/41/

V2 Base TE Final
Played 266,325 times.

Italy won't be added due to it crashing consistently and we cannot fix it.

7 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Italy won't be added due to it crashing consistently and we cannot fix it.

Ahh oke thats the reason why it's not added to the list, already thought it was weird cause imo it's one the better ET maps.

1 thing is annoying people usually won't want to play maps they don't know, so most of the time new added will be skipped for eternity. (isn't there a solution for this?) or does it already excist?

Yeah it happens. Most maps we end up adding aren't played that much and it's always the usual mix of maps that people pick. Sometimes maps need a little script or version change - like Erdenberg. No-one played that and it was about to be removed until we changed the version so the flag is easier to capture. Now it's played fairly often. Open to suggestions like this too, to try improve some maps that are sucking.

Don't forget to add 1 map we have to remove 1 map. Only 1944 Beach and Warbell are up for being removed so far.

17 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Open to suggestions like this too, to try improve some maps that are sucking.

ah yeah ofcourse but who is the one making chances to these maps? Seems like alot of work.

Erdenberg became a good map indeed he did do a good job on that one.

19 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Don't forget to add 1 map we have to remove 1 map. Only 1944 Beach and Warbell are up for being removed so far.

oops i underread that part.

1 hour ago, Frezzh said:

ah yeah ofcourse but who is the one making chances to these maps? Seems like alot of work.

I'll probably be changing the maps unless work calls at the end of the month then I pass the buck lol, but if we don't have a script archived that we used previously for whatever map or situation then either Mr Eagle will work wonders or I'll come back and say it isn't possible. Admins aren't exactly flush with technical talent.

Will make the poll next week or so with everyone's suggestions for people to vote on. It isn't as much work as you think for this bit. Just a case of delete, upload and server restart pretty much. I make Eagle panic every time I touch the server so it's kinda fun for me lol. The hard part is the scripts and even more so any lua requested.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Charlie said:

Yeah it happens. Most maps we end up adding aren't played that much and it's always the usual mix of maps that people pick. Sometimes maps need a little script or version change - like Erdenberg. No-one played that and it was about to be removed until we changed the version so the flag is easier to capture. Now it's played fairly often. Open to suggestions like this too, to try improve some maps that are sucking.

erdenburg is chaos lol ever played with more than 10 players a team but its nice ,out of 1944 beach and warbell, warbell is a more fun map in my opinoin

21 hours ago, Charlie said:

I'll probably be changing the maps unless work calls at the end of the month then I pass the buck lol, but if we don't have a script archived that we used previously for whatever map or situation then either Mr Eagle will work wonders or I'll come back and say it isn't possible. Admins aren't exactly flush with technical talent.

Will make the poll next week or so with everyone's suggestions for people to vote on. It isn't as much work as you think for this bit. Just a case of delete, upload and server restart pretty much. I make Eagle panic every time I touch the server so it's kinda fun for me lol. The hard part is the scripts and even more so any lua requested.

Thank you indeed, nice work. must be fun to hear eagle panicking ;p

• Haha 1

Since the Server is often well populated i suggest bigger Maps.

Like:

MLB Daybreak

MLB Hotchkiss

Breakout 2

Vesuvius

Also nice (but not to big) would be:

Raw Castle TE

Transmitter

51 minutes ago, Boosted said:

Since the Server is often well populated i suggest bigger Maps.

Like:

MLB Daybreak

MLB Hotchkiss

Breakout 2

Vesuvius

Also nice (but not to big) would be:

Raw Castle TE

Transmitter

Minas tirith or helm's deep

Shit loads of maps suggested and a lot of maps classify as silly maps separate from proper maps. Not many suggestions to remove any maps too.

Poll is gunna end up being:

Add 1, possibly 2 proper maps.

Add 1 silly map in place of Baserace *IF* it's voted higher. Cortex, Minas, Helms, MLB maps etc etc all fall in this category.

No confirm on Railgun version so that's a no go.

At most 3 maps will be removed and 3 added, but the lack of recommendations for removal means I'll pick something to add to a poll myself ... goldrush? :D 

I'm on nightshift later this week so the poll will go up Wednesday probably. Get people suggesting. Tell me what else you want. If not I'll make a poll on what I said.