Xmas time preparations!

On 11/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, MrMuppet said:

We may be getting our wires crossed on this, I'm only talking about an event server and not would should or should not be added to the main server, as far as I am concerned the event server would have the full xmas mods and maps as added.

I know, was just my opinion :)

Not trying to make it look bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Due lack of interest/opinions and some other things-noĀ customizationĀ /skins will be added to main server.Mini will put up fewĀ maps for you.Feel free to yell at me!

X-mas server @Ā 37.187.79.49:27999

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lairnoc said:

i just played a bit and haing a hard time keeping the teams out of eachother..Ā  whats specific for allies and axis? I just don't see it besides a name above their heads

Ā 

Thats a problem we all see. Only mini and mr see another skin i guess... we all have problems with the visibility

2 hours ago, Matu said:

Due lack of interest/opinions and some other things-noĀ customizationĀ /skins will be added to main server.Mini will put up fewĀ maps for you.Feel free to yell at me!

X-mas server @Ā 37.187.79.49:27999

Ā 

Ā 

Lack of interest? Guess everyone is yelling for a small xmas update to the main server even normal players are asking for it... dunno where u get that from.

Like above said. We don't need special skins or else but a small santa head blue and red is a small change, but brings a lot of fun and hapiness to the theme of the year.Ā Dont upload sounds/chats or special kits....Ā 

Keep it clean, keep it Muppet

• Like 1

• Founders

I think the main thing we are worried about is the crashes and everything else which has been happening over the pass few months and we don't want to add more things which also could cause issues.Ā 

We also noticed the server is dropping off alot the past few weeks is this because of the newĀ maps we have added? i don't know.Ā 

Also if we do add the Hats will people see them? not all of you can see anything on the xmas server and we have no idea how that is. Also you couldn't connect with normal ET to the server so this could also cause issues on the main server.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

I think the main thing we are worried about is the crashes and everything else which has been happening over the pass few months and we don't want to add more things which also could cause issues.Ā 

We also noticed the server is dropping off alot the past few weeks is this because of the newĀ maps we have added? i don't know.Ā 

Also if we do add the Hats will people see them? not all of you can see anything on the xmas server and we have no idea how that is. Also you couldn't connect with normal ET to the server so this could also cause issues on the main server.

The lays of something map hasnā€™t gone down well and a lot of people leave or go spec.

pants said ā€œnow for everyone to leave in 3,2,1ā€ and he was right the last time I played it.

When it finished people joined again, bad map but not that bad.

• Founders
9 minutes ago, Svepa said:

The lays of something map hasnā€™t gone down well and a lot of people leave or go spec.

pants said ā€œnow for everyone to leave in 3,2,1ā€ and he was right the last time I played it.

When it finished people joined again, bad map but not that bad.

Thanks for feed backĀ  @SvepaĀ if no one tells us then we do not know, i will look at replacing this to something else tomorrow.

1 hour ago, MiniMuppet said:

Dont forget its exams all over the world, alot of our younger players cant play till the end of december. Iam not sure if thats the only thing. But svepa is right, we have alot specs in some maps dunno why. But imo the maps are good and i think i can speak in the name of the whole tm family. There is a lot of variation in the cycle.

3 hours ago, Matu said:

I cant convince l2 that people wants it,if only like 5 people reply to topic what i made.

Ā 

Replies are one thing. People asking it in server is another.Ā  I read DMXJ proposal pretty early - it had like 4-5 likes from members and guests - that stacks interest also I think? Ive seen new member applications with less feedback and map changes, rules changes etc - I understood that if people are not against it, we count them in as the ones who agree? I dont think skin and some map changes can or could crash something - if it have, then something is very fundamentally wrong here. We have added new maps anyway - they did not crash anything and we didnt have any fear in adding them.

I would suggest - lets make POLL - how many people would like XMAS stuff (different levels of it), how many would not like and how many could not care less.

57 minutes ago, Dmxj said:

Dont forget its exams all over the world, alot of our younger players cant play till the end of december. Iam not sure if thats the only thing. But svepa is right, we have alot specs in some maps dunno why. But imo the maps are good and i think i can speak in the name of the whole tm family. There is a lot of variation in the cycle.

For me, first snow mate. WIth kids - its fun. With 4WD car - its fun. For cross country fan - its fun. We have very versatile times in server (for example some weekday midday can have 8ppl vs 8ppl and then saturday its almost bot-fest) but thats nature of the timing. New games, xmas and holiday seasons, exams - I agree with what you are saying. New maps are fun and we should encourage people to play and learn them. I think yesteday I saw first time allied winning D-kirchen map with like 5min remaining. Thats a big development forward considering first few times allies didnt even reach flag or tunnels.

If im honest, I hear more complaints about goldrush or fueldump coming up than Northpole for example. :)

• Founders

@CtrzĀ Have you connect to the xmas server? which is running the same etlegacy as the main server. If so could you see all the xmas packs, ie hats, mines, ribbons on med packs and ammo. Have you got normal ET installed did you test using this and not etlegacy. PeopleĀ have reported that they can not see the xmas packs and couldn't connect with normal et.Ā 

I would like all member or guest to please go and test the xmas server IP 37.187.79.49:27999 and report back here if they would really like to see a few xmas packs added to the main server. Good or bad.

22 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

@CtrzĀ Have you connect to the xmas server? which is running the same etlegacy as the main server. If so could you see all the xmas packs, ie hats, mines, ribbons on med packs and ammo. Have you got normal ET installed did you test using this and not etlegacy. PeopleĀ have reported that they can not see the xmas packs and couldn't connect with normal et.Ā 

I would like all member or guest to please go and test the xmas server IP 37.187.79.49:27999 and report back here if they would really like to see a few xmas packs added to the main server. Good or bad.

All good for me. I dont mind them in normal server as holidayspirit is a fun thing. :)Ā 
image.png

13 hours ago, Ctrz said:

All good for me. I dont mind them in normal server as holidayspirit is a fun thing. :)Ā 
image.png

Yup but the differenceĀ between allies and axis is so small... guess we only need the hats.Ā 

- ribons good

- snowballs check

- maps check

No sounds etc needed imo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Yup but the differenceĀ between allies and axis is so small... guess we only need the hats.Ā 

- ribons good

- snowballs check

- maps check

No sounds etc needed imo

Yea. Sounds are good, but im afraid it can be spamfest at times. Especially when no member or admin is nearby.Ā 

• Like 1

So I just went onto the xmas server.

Mods too much, allies and axis should have just christmas hats on, anything else is confusing especially the ladies.

Some of the sounds have swear words, which goes against the rules of swearing, so a bit odd that.Ā  But in general I think the additional sounds should be removed, we'll have loads of people using them all at once and will become horrible very quickly

17 hours ago, Svepa said:

So I just went onto the xmas server.

Mods too much, allies and axis should have just christmas hats on, anything else is confusing especially the ladies.

Some of the sounds have swear words, which goes against the rules of swearing, so a bit odd that.Ā  But in general I think the additional sounds should be removed, we'll have loads of people using them all at once and will become horrible very quickly

Yup same info like we written above!

was forced to put my 5cents in.
attached a screenshot of some people on the server with spontanous feedback.

Had only one negative reaction about putting Xmas Hats on the server.
Imo thats sufficient to put some XMas Gimmicks on.
And somehow it felt a bit like Xmas tonight with lots of chatting and nice people.
So i agree Xmas Hats and ribbons are a fine thing to put on.

xmas hats.png

• Thanks 2

On 12/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, slowtobi said:

was forced to put my 5cents in.
attached a screenshot of some people on the server with spontanous feedback.

Had only one negative reaction about putting Xmas Hats on the server.
Imo thats sufficient to put some XMas Gimmicks on.
And somehow it felt a bit like Xmas tonight with lots of chatting and nice people.
So i agree Xmas Hats and ribbons are a fine thing to put on.

xmas hats.png

Guess nothing will change, atleast thanks for the questionĀ :clapping: