Selfkills during battle

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times before and I keep hearing complaints about this from other players myself. Would it be possible to make selfkills during a battle count as a kill again like it used to be on ETPub? These selfkills seem to happen more often lately and it's just so annoying.

I dont see problems with selfkills... its part of the game and part of skill. 3 out of 4 times you do a selfkill because you dont have a full spawn maybe 10% will do this because the player is afraid to lose the battle...

32 minutes ago, 0wN1x said:

I never said you couldn't kill yourself. You could still kill yourself during battle to get low spawntimes, but it would count as a kill to the other player.

Would add 1-2s delay to selfkill. Ive seen plenty of times people selfkill when they see panzer shooting on them or enemy is chasing them and almost killed. And there is no spawntime near them. Sadly.

• Like 1

Using selfkill myself often when out of Ammo or to get a fresh Spawn (better than waiting 25 sec).

Never quite sure whats the Problem with it anyway...you shoot a Player that he dies...he does SK... he is dead! Target achieved :D

Im not playing for the kills, but for the Obj....and the frag counter wont help me win the Battle.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Boosted said:

Using selfkill myself often when out of Ammo or to get a fresh Spawn (better than waiting 25 sec).

Never quite sure whats the Problem with it anyway...you shoot a Player that he dies...he does SK... he is dead! Target achieved :D

Im not playing for the kills, but for the Obj....and the frag counter wont help me win the Battle.

I couldn't agree more!

It's somewhat like winning a chess game by putting the other checkmate, or having the other player resign... goal achieved :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritVetBE said:

I couldn't agree more!

It's somewhat like winning a chess game by putting the other checkmate, or having the other player resign... goal achieved :)

You cant forget that there are people who play for frags or just for fun. And for them, kills do mean something. :) 

• Like 1

I dont think that many player really start type /kill during fight.. or has it binded to annoy others.. I example type /kill when see I play totally useless class with no help.. Or if gaming changes totally in other area of map and I m alone.. I dont type it on fight.. But I like to say disabling it makes only people start do grenade suicides more.. Because sometimes just have to type it.. But I dont mean that in middle of fight..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ande said:

chickens use selfkill during battle :D We should make it count ass kill or somekind of delay time what Seto said.

To bad it cant be seen by the server when they selfkill when they her the Bieieiieip ( Panza incomming ) , so no use to count that as a kill.

15 minutes ago, AoS|Stumpel|FIN said:

I dont think that many player really start type /kill during fight.. or has it binded to annoy others.

Lot of people have /bind mouse4 kill

I liked the solution : Delay a selfkill with 2 sec.

That seems to solve every problem.

I agree 0wn1x. I experience more and more /kill in game during battle. I'm not against selfkill for obvious reasons (getting good spawntime, out of ammo, changing class, etc.). However, selfkill during battle is annoying. Especially when someone selfkills because (s)he can't win the battle. I vote for: selfkill in battle counts as a kill :).

Cheers

I find selfkills in the battle as a truly noobs skill. Just like a building base of medic packs or hiding to use medic packs in battle.
I agree with counting selfkills as a kill. And how about sarcastic notice in the chat or somewhere when someone use selfkill in the middle of battle.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, selfkills in battle could be counted as a kill, that's fair. Same as Boosted - I don't care if I have two kills more/less, I care if we win the map. And I often use selfkills when ran out of ammo, just throw grenade and /kill

On 11/17/2019 at 9:46 AM, Boosted said:

I agree 100%, but never use it. Maybe i should haha

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Update : can we add serverside delay between selfkill command and selfkill action or between selfkill action and tapout? 

That in my eyes would ruin the game. I self-kill a lot to prevent full spawn, for example to defuse a dynamite. And only when not being shot at. 

On Pub we used to have this feature that whenever you took damage from somebody, within two seconds a self-kill would count as a kill for the shooter (this feature is still in our list of rules). Unsure how complicated it is to re-implement it.

Selfkilling in battle is allowed, but it will count as a kill for the enemy player.

Problem then remains for panzers. Although it are always those better shooters playing for frags that get frustrated by being panzered at and then start selfkilling. 

Or we accept it is part of the game. The majority of players is fortunately still going for the objective nowadays. 

Edited by Mister J

I have found simple solution for this problem on my side

Spoiler

I dont play on ur servers anymore. Sad but true. I got so tired hearing all kinda things when i did self kill in battle when u just try play and try be as optimal for defending obj and attacking. There was always some people who got butthurt me doing it. Well ofc havent played ur legacy talking about ETpub days. ETpub had max 5 selfkills per map u had to make them count and be useful, u couldnt just spam selfkill and when other player did hit u before u did selfkill it was counted as frag. But still it did upset some of people. Also those warnings, kicks, couple day ban about it. As much i did like playing with some of u guys. My own playing style just wasnt fitting whit some of ur rules. Cant say i didnt try change my game style to make there be none selkills but as i was playing ETpro daily and u r used to do it and be tactical while having fun it was pretty much impossible for me.

I must say i miss those ETpub days. making some of TM admins blood boil (mostly Niki think we had couple talks with Eagle too) but in the end of day we all still had good time. I always tryed balance teams and make game last long, make them be close and most important that we had fun.

Thanks for the good times guys and ladies :) 

Same over here like what @Boosted has written. Why do we even discuss this point? 

We play for obj so why can't we make use of some extra's like selfkill?

The ++

• You don't have a full spawn (+20 sec)
  • You don't battle with an empty gun against +2 players
  • You can switch classes (Med ==> Engi)  try to defuse the dyna

The --

• The opposite player don't have an extra kill... (tought we play obj? or is the server made for rambo medics?)
  • You're really bad and have a full spawn because your to late :taunt:

Dunno what others think but the game developed "selfkill" so use it if needed!

Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Same over here like what @Boosted has written. Why do we even discuss this point? 

We play for obj so why can't we make use of some extra's like selfkill?

The ++

• You don't have a full spawn (+20 sec)
  • You don't battle with an empty gun against +2 players
  • You can switch classes (Med ==> Engi)  try to defuse the dyna

The --

• The opposite player don't have an extra kill... (tought we play obj? or is the server made for rambo medics?)
  • You're really bad and have a full spawn because your to late :taunt:

Dunno what others think but the game developed "selfkill" so use it if needed!

So you are saying, that adding 1sec delay would compromize those ++ ? My proposition is not to disable selfkill but to delay it to reduce selfkills mid battle. I use selfkill also for various reasons but not mid battle.

Edited by Ctrz