Announcing Prestige

For me this Prestige points thing is alright. Progression in Skillpoints needed to make higher prestige levels harder  would be nice, but not necessary (to celebrate our best players we still have SR).
In my last 2 weeks experience, i see much more different classes on the server. That is good but imo not always good for objective play.

Overall i think the speed decreased a lot, not so much FOP spam (it will return as not many care about Prestige yet) but lots of mines. I see this really positive as it returns some gameplay even on full servers.

For improvement i would suggest 5 out of 7 skills max should be sufficient for a prestige point, otherwise everyone (even me) is running around with BS4 and LW4 for ages (mines...).

52 minutes ago, slowtobi said:

For me this Prestige points thing is alright. Progression in Skillpoints needed to make higher prestige levels harder  would be nice, but not necessary (to celebrate our best players we still have SR).
In my last 2 weeks experience, i see much more different classes on the server. That is good but imo not always good for objective play.

Overall i think the speed decreased a lot, not so much FOP spam (it will return as not many care about Prestige yet) but lots of mines. I see this really positive as it returns some gameplay even on full servers.

For improvement i would suggest 5 out of 7 skills max should be sufficient for a prestige point, otherwise everyone (even me) is running around with BS4 and LW4 for ages (mines...).

I think the overall reset of XP made games .. better? People are not spamming heavy weapons so often (riflenades included). Much less arty or strikes and even mines are not that easy to put down with lower xp levels. Now I even think - maybe reset levels after every fixed time? Like 2-3 times a year maybe? What do we think about that? Who thinks gaming has gone smoother and who thinks its pain in the behind?

Thanks to all for your feedback!

1 hour ago, slowtobi said:

I've seen another suggestion around to might solve that issue: make BS and LW skill progress much slower than other skills (like 5 times slower), so they'd max out more or less at the same time of all class skills.

Also, many times I've seen people asking in chat what to do to get PP, so I guess that isn't clear enough. That could be explained in intermission for example, or with an in-game popup.

I'll soon look into the collected data to have more information, but keep the feedback coming!

Edited by Spyhawk

2 hours ago, Spyhawk said:

Also, many times I've seen people asking in chat what to do to get PP, so I guess that isn't clear enough. That could be explained in intermission for example, or with an in-game popup.

If explained it should be in intermission, as that is the only time you can collect your points.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:42 PM, Ctrz said:

Now I even think - maybe reset levels after every fixed time? Like 2-3 times a year maybe? What do we think about that?

I am definitely for any level reset (as this gives us better idea if things are functioning properly), we are having more fun with it on a Campaign server, but tbh resetting it just 2-3 times a year would make absolutely no sense - levels are gathered back relatively fast, you can even do that during a single game session, thus if you can level up so quickly makes such rare resetting out of place.

However, this gave me an interesting idea. We already had some thoughts about adding dynamic campaign (campaign of n length, consisting of randomly preselected maps). Now what i am thinking, is adding so called "pseudo campaign" of n length, where free map voting still would remain. After the campaign is done, level resets would happen. You could then, using cvar, configure how many maps it takes for level reset to happen, effectively simulating the campaign mode, and making game more vanilla-ish (and balanced).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ryven said:

I am definitely for any level reset (as this gives us better idea if things are functioning properly), we are having more fun with it on a Campaign server, but tbh resetting it just 2-3 times a year would make absolutely no sense - levels are gathered back relatively fast, you can even do that during a single game session, thus if you can level up so quickly makes such rare resetting out of place.

However, this gave me an interesting idea. We already had some thoughts about adding dynamic campaign (campaign of n length, consisting of randomly preselected maps). Now what i am thinking, is adding so called "pseudo campaign" of n length, where free map voting still would remain. After the campaign is done, level resets would happen. You could then, using cvar, configure how many maps it takes for level reset to happen, effectively simulating the campaign mode, and making game more vanilla-ish (and balanced).

I'm just thinking out loud. Some player connect prestige, some dont. Some strong players already have their LW+Battle+ medic full and thats what they will keep and will dominate while others are in struggle to come close. The slower gameplay (due lower levels) = less arty/strike, panzer, rnades, dynas, mines naturally. I've got so many compliments during that time that game seems like it used to be. That (for example) fueldump gets planted by 1 dyna because of engi recharge time beeing slow. With full levels you could actually plant 2 dynas almost same time when you timed them well. And plant usually 3rd or even 4th before first defusing engi arrived.

I dont know how TM members and stuff likes this bit more vanilla and slow gameplay .. if I could do, I would keep the skill levels much more slower. Like not 20skill level points to have lvl 1 in light weapons, but 120. :D 

At first I had my doubts about the new prestige feature, but I really like it. I wouldn't make leveling up going slower though. I personally wouldn't slow anything down. Fewer riffle grenades, panzer, artillery etc sounds like settings medic etpro players would want, but we represent more than the etpro community. Just my 2 cents :)

1 hour ago, 0wN1x said:

At first I had my doubts about the new prestige feature, but I really like it. I wouldn't make leveling up going slower though. I personally wouldn't slow anything down. Fewer riffle grenades, panzer, artillery etc sounds like settings medic etpro players would want, but we represent more than the etpro community. Just my 2 cents :)

Im no etpro community :D