Tips and suggestions ETL2

Hi,

First of all we want to thank you for visiting our 2nd ETLegacy server.
We are trying to create a server with a lovely atmosphere and an enjoyable game playserver
Thats why we need YOU to give us some feedback.

So this is the platform where you all can give us some suggestions / tricks to make the server even more enjoyable.

Dmxj & Bystry

Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 1

• Dmxj pinned this topic

Maybe this is the correct place to continue this? :)

2 hours ago, Dmxj said:

The main reason why we are discussing this point is because 99% of our players will not start in the first map of the campaign so they have lvl 1 weapons (30 bullets). We want to give those guys the chanse to make a good fight with an even amount of bullets (atleast) 30/30. Thats the only reason why we are thinking about it. But it's far from sure we will introduce this into the server.

The intermission time is a bit longer normally but i think we have to disable the "ready" button. If more then 50% of our players press ready the intermission will stop dunno how, but we have to re-evaluate this point.

i follow ur mindset, but i think we should keep this "campaign" mod. In those moments we need some activity and goodwill from our TM members and better players in the server at that moment... I know this is a difficult thing for alot of the players, to balance the teams, but if we can survive corona this should be easy :pleasantry:

Thanks anyway for your opinion we really appreciate this.
ps: don't mind my english, i know it's terrible

It's actually level 0 if you have only one clip as a medic. As medic is the "best class", choosing it should have some negatives as in less bullets and only one grenade. I actually think it would be great if the light weapons was locked at 0, since it would be totally equal and medic would be less good, but again I acknowledge that most would disagree with me since it would be "less fun". If the main thing is to make it fair for people who join in the middle of campaign (and noobs) then the light weapons level 3 & 4 are the ones which ruin it, since skilled players acquire those in one or two maps and the rewards for those levels are really really good. So max level 2 light weapons would give a lot more chance to "newbies or just joined" than implementing ammo cabinets. And again, I even play as a medic.

Ahh good point on the intermission time, I think even I always automatically immediately click the ready button so I'm part of the problem :P Increasing the warmup time by 10 secs would do the trick then.

Yeah it is your server and I totally understand it! I can play two campaigns in a row, first as Axis and then as Allied ;) It's just funny how some people playing as Axis cry for team change and shuffle when you hold Braundorf for 14 minutes and actually if it was stopwatch mode (like ET is supposed to be) they would win the map at least 80% of time.

45 minutes ago, Lepari said:

So max level 2 light weapons would give a lot more chance to "newbies or just joined" than implementing ammo cabinets. And again, I even play as a medic.

+1 i'll put this in our admin section.

45 minutes ago, Lepari said:

Yeah it is your server and I totally understand it! I can play two campaigns in a row, first as Axis and then as Allied ;) It's just funny how some people playing as Axis cry for team change and shuffle when you hold Braundorf for 14 minutes and actually if it was stopwatch mode (like ET is supposed to be) they would win the map at least 80% of time.

Totally agree, yesterday we were talking about an autoshuffle every map, so nobody can complain about axis or allies side. But of course on the plus side if we have a good mix of both teams an autoshuffle can destroy the gameplay.

PS: we're still looking for some players to join Teammuppet! Feel free to send us an application for the ETL2 side! :kiss:

Edited by Dmxj

I'm  new to this kind of Campain game play.

So every time I join I start with 0 experince points? That sux

I would be for a middle ground. Start with lvl 2 of everything and freeze it there.

0 XP sux and I just don't like playing with slow reload and only 30ammo as medic. Or maybe this just isn't for me  :?

38 minutes ago, ZeroDC00L said:

I'm  new to this kind of Campain game play.

So every time I join I start with 0 experince points? That sux

I would be for a middle ground. Start with lvl 2 of everything and freeze it there.

0 XP sux and I just don't like playing with slow reload and only 30ammo as medic. Or maybe this just isn't for me  :?

Well, that's kinda the point of the campaign mode... You start with 0 XP and 0 levels and you slowly level up and gain XP throughout campaign... 

2 hours ago, ZeroDC00L said:

1 hour ago, Bystry said:

Well, that's kinda the point of the campaign mode... You start with 0 XP and 0 levels and you slowly level up and gain XP throughout campaign... 

Zero, I agree that it much harder and different from main server, but these lads has idea and vision to fill a gap in legacy server list and I think theyre vision is working well as I still hear good recommendations from people who come from there and are sometimes unhappy with main server ways. I dont think 2nd server is backup server for people if 1st server is full but its a place with different maps, microclima, settings etc and that is very nice to give 2 very different experiences to guest and members. :) 

• Like 3

On 4/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, Lepari said:

if it was stopwatch mode (like ET is supposed to be)

Yeah no, that's not how ET is supposed to be and this is not competitive-settings server, ET was built around campaign, and campaign, initially, was the only right choice for the public servers, this makes sense. I know you want it to be more etpro-competitive like - no levels, stopwatch and no heavy-weapons, but this is straight road to kill the server. I've been part of so many etpro pub servers with such config, that i know for sure, all of them are empty or shut down by now.

What this server really needs, is regulars, and own community. This works well for hirntot on etpro, why can't this work for tm on legacy? That's also a great way to get even more feedback about the mod's performance, and make it better. We can't even test levels on first server, because it's always maxed, but we have opportunity here, thanks to @Bystry and @Dmxj, who despite the fact love the competitive gameplay more, still do a lot to keep this server as vanilla and natural as possible, even though so many "great" advices coming from pros, which would probably only do more harm than any good.

1 hour ago, ryven said:

Yeah no, that's not how ET is supposed to be and this is not competitive-settings server, ET was built around campaign, and campaign, initially, was the only right choice for the public servers, this makes sense. I know you want it to be more etpro-competitive like - no levels, stopwatch and no heavy-weapons, but this is straight road to kill the server. I've been part of so many etpro pub servers with such config, that i know for sure, all of them are empty or shut down by now.

What this server really needs, is regulars, and own community. This works well for hirntot on etpro, why can't this work for tm on legacy? That's also a great way to get even more feedback about the mod's performance, and make it better. We can't even test levels on first server, because it's always maxed, but we have opportunity here, thanks to @Bystry and @Dmxj, who despite the fact love the competitive gameplay more, still do a lot to keep this server as vanilla and natural as possible, even though so many "great" advices coming from pros, which would probably only do more harm than any good.

You should check the other topic which is meant for this discussion.

Stopwatch most definitely is the game mode which defines Enemy Territory and how it's meant to be played =) Among two equal teams Allies win something like 65-85% single objective matches and with stopwatch it is of course 50%. Still I totally understand why it is campaign and I'm fine with the decision.

The server currently has very limited heavy weapons and it is doing quite well I would say. I've never said I want "no heavy weapons" like you claim. And on that "no levels" part, that's putting words to my mouth as well, the class related levels is an excellent addition to the server in my opinion. If you know what competitive gaming is there all the level ups have been disabled. I just merely pointed out that level 3 light weapons is an amazing upgrade without many people even realizing it. Many people might take 4 to 5 maps to get it and me, Xrb or Trs will have it in one or max two. So disabling it would be more helpful to newcomers.

Have you honestly even played there yet? It already has plenty of regulars who are playing there really consistently and it's not vanilla which would have plenty of mines and also heavy weapons with few players. You could even argue that the only map which is actually vanilla is Radar if you consider the meaning of the word.

Edited by Lepari

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, im here to reply again...I just wanted to point out about the panzerfaust on the server. I dont have anything against it, I agree its a part of the game, but maybe consider making it harder to upgrade trough levels, because already on level 2 you can shoot it very oftenly, not to mention when on lvl 3, and you can gain all that in 1 map if there are a lot of players on the server. Just imagine on delivery, whenever you are allies and you shoot  trough that box, 4 axis in room are gone, or frostbite, when you going for docs, just shot in a wall or something and u get em all...maybe disabling level upgrade for it would be better? My point is to remain level 0 at all time.

Cya ingame!

cheers!

Edited by DookieAxE
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DookieAxE said:

Hello, im here to reply again...I just wanted to point out about the panzerfaust on the server. I dont have anything against it, I agree its a part of the game, but maybe consider making it harder to upgrade trough levels, because already on level 2 you can shoot it very oftenly, not to mention when on lvl 3, and you can gain all that in 1 map if there are a lot of players on the server. Just imagine on delivery, whenever you are allies and you shoot  trough that box, 4 axis in room are gone, or frostbite, when you going for docs, just shot in a wall or something and u get em all...maybe disabling level upgrade for it would be better? My point is to remain level 0 at all time.

Cya ingame!

cheers!

Hey @DookieAxE @Lepari for sure i like this idea! We had some discussions few days ago about this topic.

Give us till tomorrow for an update!

16 hours ago, DookieAxE said:

Hey Dookie

In my opinion, having no levels, is too competive minded. I love those little "yeahs" when you get a new level. It's gives you some kind of accomplishement. Also I like it as vanilla as it is. If we change too much, you lose the vanilla side that people love and search for in ET games. I personally love a server with no much changes to the game, to keep it as simple as possible. 

But maybe we can set a limit on those levels, like a maximum of level two in light weapons and so on... So we don't have those people who spam a panzerfaust all the time. But that is part of the game. If you can use a panzerfaust to kill 3/4 people, you're a god in my eyes :D.

Or make it more difficult to gain the last thirth and fourth, because these are the most OP ones. That could also be a solution. 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, Lepari said:

Stopwatch most definitely is the game mode which defines Enemy Territory and how it's meant to be played =) Among two equal teams Allies win something like 65-85% single objective matches and with stopwatch it is of course 50%. Still I totally understand why it is campaign and I'm fine with the decision.

And indeed in the competitive scene, stopwatch is the way it should be played. But like @Dmxj said you'll kill the public server that way. 
If you like to play stopwatch there is allot of scrims going on right now where you could play. That also means losing quite allot when playing Axis. But on the server I think we are all quite fair, when we need a shuffle or not. So it doesn't become a burden to play. And who cares about SR right, like @TRan$i said it's for noobies :DD. 

eMMiel

Edited by eMMiel
Just had an afterthought

19 minutes ago, eMMiel said:

Hey Dookie

In my opinion, having no levels, is too competive minded. I love those little "yeahs" when you get a new level. It's gives you some kind of accomplishement. Also I like it as vanilla as it is. If we change too much, you lose the vanilla side that people love and search for in ET games. I personally love a server with no much changes to the game, to keep it as simple as possible. 

But maybe we can set a limit on those levels, like a maximum of level two in light weapons and so on... So we don't have those people who spam a panzerfaust all the time. But that is part of the game. If you can use a panzerfaust to kill 3/4 people, you're a god in my eyes :D.

Or make it more difficult to gain the last thirth and fourth, because these are the most OP ones. That could also be a solution. 

And indeed in the competitive scene, stopwatch is the way it should be played. But like @Dmxj said you'll kill the public server that way. 
If you like to play stopwatch there is allot of scrims going on right now where you could play. That also means losing quite allot when playing Axis. But on the server I think we are all quite fair, when we need a shuffle or not. So it doesn't become a burden to play. And who cares about SR right, like @TRan$i said it's for noobies :DD. 

eMMiel

Hey,

I just suggested that soldier level cant be upgraded, meaning, if you are playing panzer you cant reach level 1 2 3 4 no matter how much xp u gain, you always remain level 0 soldier (same as like you cant get lvl 4 medic, which gives u adrenaline). Other classes all stay the same and upgredable, but on this way panzer is still here but you cant spam with it...and like Lepari said, especially not getting lvl 4  soldier where you also gain and mp40 or thompson, and then you have fast shooting panza+thompson+akimbo's...thats crazy...

cheers!

• Like 1

We'll think it through with @Dmxj and give you an update tomorrow, but generally I like the idea of limiting Panzerfaust levels, either by disabling level 3 and 4 or making it harder to reach (more XPs required to reach level 3 and 4 for example). Also we've been thinking about limiting field ops level (or at least the amount of arties/airstrikes per minute) to get rid of that heavy spam at the end of campaign.  

Edited by Bystry

For field ops you can make levels 3 and 4 harder to reach by xp, but I woudnt touch it 2 much because field ops is very important in the game, and I think its good to have diffrent classes playing in each team, mostly everyone play's medic. My point is maybe not to limit it to much so people would lose interest in being a field ops.

Server update 20.04.20:

1. New map added Frostbite V9 - Frostbite V8 Removed
  2. Soldier Heavy Weapons levels updated - ranking will be harder
  3. Recharging of Heavy Weapons will be longer, same as medic (+- 10s) (reason: To much panzer spam = overpowered)
  4. Field ops level updated - ranking will be harder ( Reason: To much arty in a short time = overpowered)
  5. New welcome messages updated.
  6. Modify mapscripts (extra time bonuses + glass roofs for anti-sk)
Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have a couple of suggestions to improve the overall play.

1. Lets make Covert Ops great again!

- Lets increase the damage done by satchel so it could be useful again;

- As this server is XP-Save, lets remove the possibility to detect disguised covert ops.

2. Medics

- It feels that the health regeneration is way too high. I would like to see it reduced it significantly.

- Is it possible to limit the revived players health points to the yellow syringe levels? It feels awkward that one medic could revive 3 or more players at full HP within 3 seconds.

3. Spawnkilling

- I have seen other servers where the forbidden SK areas are marked in yellow or red on the map. Is it possible to do that in order to avoid confusion?

4. Engineers

- There should be a limit of 2 or 3 Garands per team. Otherwise you see a marching engineer throwing out grenades, which is OP :)

5. Campaigns - it feels that Goldrush is have 3 different versions and it is played too frequently. 

Thats it for now. Thanks!

.n4x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please, could you make some changes on this server? i don't have the truth, but this server can't stand so unused...
Please could you try these setting?

- The maps rotation makes allies attacking all maps long. Could you alternate maps to make each team attacks then defends?
- XP reset each time it reaches X and not each time a player leave
- make all the weapons free to use
- invalid self medic to make the medics play not only for their asses?
I hope you won't find i am out of my place making these suggestions...

• Like 1