Tips and suggestions ETL2

2 hours ago, froggy said:

Please, could you make some changes on this server? i don't have the truth, but this server can't stand so unused...
Please could you try these setting?

- The maps rotation makes allies attacking all maps long. Could you alternate maps to make each team attacks then defends?
- XP reset each time it reaches X and not each time a player leave
- make all the weapons free to use

Hey Froggy

First of all thanks for the tips!

Our etl campaign server is not very active last month / weeks because the admins who control this server are very busy in personal life.

Etlegacy Campaign has different settings compared with our MAIN server, thats why we made this second legacy server.

1) Standard maps
2) XP save (Whole campaign cycle 10maps)
3) All weapons are available (except - mortar and flamethrower)

- invalid self medic to make the medics play not only for their asses?

Explain urself a bit more clearly on this please...?

Last but not least.
- We offer a lovely Main server with an active gameplay (mostly 90% full server)
- Different maps (allies & axis attack)

Hope you've got enough information about our campaign server and we hope to see you on our 'MAIN' server.

Grtz
Dmxj

Hi Dmxj
Thanks for your fast answer!
I agree, there is a main server often full, but this one is totally empty.
So i suppose the settings of the campaign server are not appreciated by the players as noone is playing here.
This server could be used to experiment a teamplayers server maybe.
As i could see playing on the campaign server, the landmines, the nade launchers (etc...) are not allowed.
Maybe 3 bots/team are not enough to give the feeling the server is alive.

About the self medic:
On some servers, medics can't health themselves, so they have to teamplay and health their teammates to increase their own health.
As i could see on the main player,  many medics are "rambo medics" and play their own game without helping their team...

Just a 10 cents opinion :-)

Yesterday some players connected and i joined spectators for some minutes(AFK).
When  i came back in front of my screen i saw one team with 1 engie and 2 medics, the second team with 3 medics.
Some where medics for themselves exclusively, so i left cause i am not interested in this kind of game.

Up to the Players how they play...cant do anything about it.

If you limit the amount of Medics or disable selfhealing they just go to another Server where they can play their usual Style.

Its always been difficult with Medics from the very beginning back in 2003 (yep ive been playing from the very first Day...).

2 hours ago, Boosted said:

1 - Up to the Players how they play...cant do anything about it.

2 - If you limit the amount of Medics or disable selfhealing they just go to another Server where they can play their usual Style.

Not my opinion
1- rules and limitations can change the way some  play. Some servers with settings promoting teamplaying are really liked by players
2- they will play on the main server as long they can selfhealthing on the main server...

Well it aint properly adminstrated atm imo.

If there was for example a weekly Campaign change ppl would have a Reason to join in more often.

Right now it has been set up to a certain Point and nothing happens no more.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, Boosted said:

Up to the Players how they play...cant do anything about it.

If you limit the amount of Medics or disable selfhealing they just go to another Server where they can play their usual Style.

Its always been difficult with Medics from the very beginning back in 2003 (yep ive been playing from the very first Day...).

i know the feelings about medic aswell and the hate that they can provoke.

Like me, i hate class of soldiers, especially panzafaust and there one man kill camping.

Hate teamkillers

Hate wrong spawntimes

And im still here since 2003, let the game go as it was meant to be

my 2 cent 😛

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 7:48 PM, Boosted said:

Well it aint properly adminstrated atm imo.

If there was for example a weekly Campaign change ppl would have a Reason to join in more often.

Right now it has been set up to a certain Point and nothing happens no more.

Nothing happens, because there are no people on the server.

The server was set up by me and Dmxj in a certain way and was targeted at specific group of people. It was meant to be more competitive and clean. It worked at first and the server was very popular at some point, but it was too difficult a job to keep the server going every day. Also summer started and Europe began to step out of lockdown crisis at that time.

Just my opinion, but since there are no updates it stays empty....everyone wants a change at some point.

Of course i can only speak for myself, i quickly get bored if its the same every Day losing interest then.

Yep, Maps is what im talking about.

The Settings are what make this Server different from the Main Server.

But im just telling my Feelings, its your Server so dont mind me...but i like Campaign as well therefore im telling what you could do to make it more interesting for ppl like me.

16 hours ago, Boosted said:

Yep, Maps is what im talking about.

The Settings are what make this Server different from the Main Server.

But im just telling my Feelings, its your Server so dont mind me...but i like Campaign as well therefore im telling what you could do to make it more interesting for ppl like me.

I would let boosted to try his vision about maps etc. for 1-2 months and see if that brings people into server or not. An empty server cannot go emptier. :) 

• 3 months later...
  • Founders
7 hours ago, Wontkins said:

Would it be possible to allow fast downloads via an external server, just like on the main server? Im currently downloading et_ice (48MB) with a caped speed at 100 KB/sec :(

etl.jpg

It should be coming down faster then that. Try reconnecting sometimes it does play up or most maps are on the forums.