Map suggestions for ETL2

Please suggest maps for ETL Campaign server ("ETL2") in this topic. We are currently looking for a suitable 10th map for our campaign rotation. We can also consider replacing other maps from rotation (for example braundorf_b4). We are mainly looking for official competitive maps that are being played or were played in the past on ETPro in competitions.

Our current map pool:

• sw_goldrush_te
  • braundorf_b4
  • radar
  • supply
  • adlernest
  • etl_frostbite_v8
  • sp_delivery_te
  • erdenberg_t1
  • bremen_b3
  • snatch3 (10th map - April)

Possible replacement for snatch3 (will update this if something comes up):

• tc_base
  • et_ice
  • karsiah_te
  • missile_b3
  • sw_oasis_b3
  • et_ufo
  • et_beach
  • missile_b3
  • assault
  • depot
Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's good as it is again. Snatch might not be the best map there is, but it is hard (actually impossible) to find 10 great maps. Month goes by quickly and then you can have something fresh instead of it again. In addition it seems to be a bit easier map for Axis (at least at the moment when Allies don't know what to do :D) which is refreshing when at least Adler, Frost, Radar, B4, Deli & Erdenberg have a bias towards Allies. People will soon learn Snatch and start to like it more, or at least hate it less.

At the very least I think you should give it a couple of days more time. No matter what map you will replace it with, the whiners will whine.

Edited by Lepari
  • Like 2

All maps was perfect at once,no need the break spell imo,tbh Idc the maps,if Lepari,Transi,EmmielMariuh,dookie was there,all good for me without care the maps,please just no fueldump and railgun snowy maps:)

Idk why,last 10 years I couldn't enjoy in any server like I do in this server,I dont remember,but as I said I hope the magic won't break :(  sometimes I am whining about the numbers of the players,especially when more then 5 vs 5,but lag starts,fps drops game enjoyable fuking up for me,but it's okay,if others love it I can love too in time,still my favorite server for now

Edited by 2rk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 2rk said:

All maps was perfect at once,no need the break spell imo,tbh Idc the maps,if Lepari,Transi,EmmielMariuh,dookie was there,all good for me without care the maps,please just no fueldump and railgun snowy maps:)

Idk why,last 10 years I couldn't enjoy in any server like I do in this server,I dont remember,but as I said I hope the magic won't break :(  sometimes I am whining about the numbers of the players,especially when more then 5 vs 5,but lag starts,fps drops game enjoyable fuking up for me,but it's okay,if others love it I can love too in time,still my favorite server for now

Hey @2rk, I really appreciate your honesty m8

For sure we will not upload Railrun or Fueldump,

On your last point the amount of players... This is a difficult one, we from ETL2 are working realy hard to make a script that allows a max of 12v12 players, Beyond that the peak we have sometimes in the server is always a short period. It's not that we have 13 or 14v14 all the time.

Hope you understand the situation we have sometimes, but  I am delighted to have you with us m8!

45 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Any old boys maps maybe? Assault and depot? Those were fun back in RTCW days. Also Karsiah is good addition when there is not 20vs20 situation.

For you both we have a list of possible "10th maps"

• Karsiah
  • Ice
  • Beach
  • Ufo
  • Missile
  • Oasis_sw
  • TC Base

About RTCW i don't have the "know how" what maps they have been played in the past.
But feel free to post those maps into the suggestions topic!

• Thanks 1

Since there are a lot of players on ETL2, it is pretty hard to avoid "sausage party" (20 players are fighting in one location of a bigger or smaller map). And I know I am not a very active visitor of this server yet, but I recommend large (and maybe medium) maps like Castle attack, Capuzzo or Streets of IItaly, different MLB maps etc. These maps are great, because attacking and defending teams are able to move between locations.

2 hours ago, Ctrz said:

Any old boys maps maybe? Assault and depot? Those were fun back in RTCW days. Also Karsiah is good addition when there is not 20vs20 situation.

Ok, added assault and depot to the list of potential replacement. Te_escape also perhaps?

• Like 2

@dmxj Ofc I understand my friend,and you are totally right,every admin want to see their server full,frankly the subject that upset me my misfortune destiny :( always I ve played this game with lag,finally I found a server without lag,I am scaring it will deteriorate this stuation :)

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 8:35 PM, Jessica said:

snatch3  realy is a great map, should be in 1 of the standard 9 maps :) 

Snatch3 is nice map, but it doesnt fits this server at all, its nice to play it on public servers but in here (where 95% of people play for objective only), its 2 hard for allies to do the objective, especially when lower amount of players like 4v4 5v5 or so...My suggestion is maybe CAEN1,2,3,4 you pick, it would b nice to have 1 map in a cycle where axis are attacking. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone.
I have played a lot on your server and think it's great that you still can play RTCW:ET. Would be fun if you could add MarketGarden R2, Transmitter and MP_Tram in one rotation :)
I think you guys are awesome who keep the RTCW:ET alive, keep it up! :)

• 8 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 2:41 AM, Meo said:

Can we play v2base? I always liked this map 😙

I'll check this tonight for you!

If it's a map that fits well for a max of 10v10 it's good.

To big is a server killer!

@MiniMuppet do we have waypoints for this map i remember it was on etl1 once?

8 hours ago, Dmxj said:

I'll check this tonight for you!

If it's a map that fits well for a max of 10v10 it's good.

To big is a server killer!

@MiniMuppet do we have waypoints for this map i remember it was on etl1 once?

True, I didn't think about that aspect. I leave it to your good judgement!