cp on sw battery etl server

i played a game of sw battery today and i was attacking side and it was hard. 5-6 spawns later we finally destroyed cp to stop axis from spawning their i thought finally we did it but turns out the axis spawn again and the cycle starts over,what im saying is when the allies destroy the cp the axis shouldnt spawn there furthermore side on that map is hard enough with 3 players on axis they could have it locked down with arty and rifle grenades.i said cp is op in the chat and others agreed.idk if i should make a poll on this topic if other ppl agree

Its intentional and I think it balances well. If axis put a lot of guys defending there, then main entrance is less protected and vice versa. For balance, allies has also extra entrance to flag by door.

• Founders
16 minutes ago, xen on wii said:

yea i think in the orignal battery the cp works normally

Yes but can not blow the back door on the normal version. So it depends what everyone wants and to try and balance for both sides.

• Like 1

Good question xen, I really asked myself the same: why can Axis still spawn at CP if Allies destroyed it (with Satchel of Dynamite). Guess the explanation of Seto is eye-opening as well... if we won't allow Axis to spawn after the CP is being destroyed, it'll be very hard to defense the back entrance to the bunker controls. Especially when Allies didn't capture the forward bunker yet (it would harden the defense for Axis, since both places are far apart when the CP-spawn can't be used anymore).

Guess it's pretty fair... you should bring an covie including engineer (with medic as back-up) to conquer the CP in a fast way. But if majority votes for the other option in which Axis can't spawn at CP after it being destroyed, I'm happy to try that as well :)

15 hours ago, Poyer said:

Good question xen, I really asked myself the same: why can Axis still spawn at CP if Allies destroyed it (with Satchel of Dynamite). Guess the explanation of Seto is eye-opening as well... if we won't allow Axis to spawn after the CP is being destroyed, it'll be very hard to defense the back entrance to the bunker controls. Especially when Allies didn't capture the forward bunker yet (it would harden the defense for Axis, since both places are far apart when the CP-spawn can't be used anymore).

If you know frostbie, then in good old days in RTCW there was no allied command post - it was just a flag which was easy to capture by allies to have spawnpoint there but also easy to re-capture by every axis player. The current CP is hard for allied to get but even harder to lose. If allies have main bunker and also cp built, I dont see axis really claiming CP back as it takes so long and hard route (its possible to spawn as covert, blow up CP near your spawntime, spawn at cp as engi and re-build it, but its damn hard).

15 hours ago, Poyer said:

Guess it's pretty fair... you should bring an covie including engineer (with medic as back-up) to conquer the CP in a fast way. But if majority votes for the other option in which Axis can't spawn at CP after it being destroyed, I'm happy to try that as well :)

I would ask - why isnt the battery door rebuildable for axis? Ive seen also battery version where you can have stairwell from beach to gun directly..   those are all lovely versions but makes that map very unbalanced in a way. 

I guess the real other option is to have regular version. It takes away axis spawn from cp that isnt built but also takes away possibility to blow backdoor with dyna and main bunker door with dyna.

@|Warden is there any chance you could change the CP spawn (axis side) to a spawn indoors (perhaps) behind the garagedoor.

So allies could spawn at cp - Axis could spawn indoor at garage door.

If axis could spawn there, it's still possible to defend the garage door, i'm not sure if this is possible.

On the other side, i know from the etl devs they are working on a new update, will give this extra info to them aswell.

7 hours ago, Dmxj said:

@|Warden is there any chance you could change the CP spawn (axis side) to a spawn indoors (perhaps) behind the garagedoor.

So allies could spawn at cp - Axis could spawn indoor at garage door.

If axis could spawn there, it's still possible to defend the garage door, i'm not sure if this is possible.

On the other side, i know from the etl devs they are working on a new update, will give this extra info to them aswell.

Defending garage door from inside would make sense if you could build it from inside also. Now when allies manage to destroy and build cp, which is not superhard with med+covie+engi as axis have 16s spawntime anyway, then axis stand no chance of defending backdoor. They have to go out from teamdoor to attack cp to take it back or to defuse dyna from backdoor. We all know how close to impossible is to attack through teamdoor. If allies blow it up then later on, they can destroy it fast as its close to cp and with satchel its seconds. I think current balance is fine, just information that allies should also build cp to spawn there instead of axis has not gone to everyone.

@Dmxj Yes, of course. I have to move the axis spawners only. There could be 32 or 16. I'll change and upload (here) the map tonight :)

Edit: Is it acceptable, or you would like to place the spawners next to the door? In my personal opinion this system is quite fair, because respawned axis can't block allies in the back door, but they can catch them in the tunnels and they can defend the generator. 

2020-05-01-135246-sw_battery.jpg

Edited by |Warden

Okay, it' s time to report the current situation:

@Dmxj and @Ctrz It is possible to move/replace every part of a map. I mean the spawners, constructible stuff, cp, doors etc. (just like Minecraft or Lego). So everything is possible  I moved the axis spawners from cp into the building and it works fine. I followed the same method with constructible barrier... works fine.  However it is really hard to set textures and models back since I have to convert the map twice... yes TWICE. The (mapname).pk3 file contains a (mapname).bsp file: this is the map that can be loaded only in game. The .bsp file is a converted .map file. Map file can be loaded in map editor software, but can't be loaded in game. When I convert .bsp into .map file, a lot of details change or get lost. Recovery takes a lot of time, since Battery is a large, terrain map. The author of the edited version didn't place the .map file in the .pk3 file in 2008. That means I mustn't edit his/her map without permissions. (Yeah converting is quite illegal and disrespectful, if the map will be used on a server. Adding glass roof/editing the original version of the basic maps is allowed ofc.). So these are the options:

- keep this version of the map or replace with an other one

- modify the standard map (it doesn't take a lot of time, and you can suggest your ideas).

The decision is up to you, but note that: you'll never find a map wich is good/acceptable for every player :)

Edited by |Warden