Fixed g_voiceChatAllowed spam check time period

Added cointoss callvote

Added arty command map target display visible to entire team

Added GUID format check

Fixed total servers count in browser

Fixed inconsistencies between regular and small scoreboard

Fixed "give health" cmd with negative amount wasn't using damage function

Removed cg_wolfparticles cvar

Fixed axis uniform skin for first person view luger and m1 garand weapons models

Fixed undercover axis uniform for first person view weapons models

Added server version check for etlded

Removed vanilla pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 dependencies

Fixed uncoloured name not possible in spectator labels

Added fireteam icon always displayed

Fixed warmup vote ignored when countdown is too short by disabling voting during warmup

Also:

Why can't the particles effect be disabled on Legacy mod?

The particles effects (cg_particles) were allowed to be turned down because not all computers might have had the graphical power to display them. Some other smoke effects were still be enabled by default for everybody because they were critical to the gameplay (f.e. covops smoke). However, it is clear that in modern days many players disable particles to have a gameplay advantage (f.e. to see better through explosions). The purpose of that cvar doesn't exist anymore, but was still used as a "basic" wallhack.

You will also note that your pak3_v2.76 and etl_bin_v2.76 have been now amalgamated into one file legacy_2.76-******.pk3

Please support the developers by constructively reporting back any issues with as much detail as possible and if relevant, any screenshots in support of.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrMuppet said:

Removed cg_wolfparticles cvar
Also:

Why can't the particles effect be disabled on Legacy mod?

The particles effects (cg_particles) were allowed to be turned down because not all computers might have had the graphical power to display them. Some other smoke effects were still be enabled by default for everybody because they were critical to the gameplay (f.e. covops smoke). However, it is clear that in modern days many players disable particles to have a gameplay advantage (f.e. to see better through explosions). The purpose of that cvar doesn't exist anymore, but was still used as a "basic" wallhack.

This is terrible news! I've been playing with them off for years. In my preference they are super ugly and add too much clutter on the screen especially on a server with huge spam of arty, airstrike, mortar and grenades which is a common place on main server. :(

• Like 4

• Founders

Thank you for the feedback, I'm not sure if the developers need to elaborate anymore but from a server point of view, we aim to reduce the amount of artillery and airstrikes that are present which will help with your point above.

When the server is busy later I hope the devs can join to see if there is an issue with the removal of the cvar.

55 minutes ago, ryzyk said:

This is terrible news! I've been playing with them off for years. In my preference they are super ugly and add too much clutter on the screen especially on a server with huge spam of arty, airstrike, mortar and grenades which is a common place on main server. :(

I don't think anyone would prefer to have them on given the choice. Game looks weird with all that added on the screen and as mentioned above, all explosives are plenty on the main server. Also it's ugly.

• Like 4

Well, to me the issue is that the way it used to be (while disabled), things like artillery and grenades had only the tracers of the explosion showing and it didn't disturb your gameplay at all if somewhere on your screen a support fire went off. No unnecessary explosion effects that you can't see through.

Basically people have been playing with all the explosion effects disabled for years and now they can't be disabled anymore. I think most people like them disabled as it makes the game easier to play, not because their hardware sucks.

• Like 1

• Founders

Thanks for the screenshot, is this just not brining the game inline with other games (graphic wise) such as COD and BF? I'm not saying this is right or wrong, is there any lag spikes or drop in frames per second that this is causing? My priority is, as always, our community and the effect this as on us, if mainstream players don't believe this is correct then this needs to be changed, the mod is nothing without the players but it's about working together for the best solution to create a great mod also.

• Like 2

Yeah, I thought of waiting a second before reacting. Until I see the changes when I play. Because I always played with wolfparticles_0.

But this is indeed pretty bad qua visuals and imho the gameplay itself will differ alot. 

It's like Michael Bay directed just another movie. :D

Edited by eMMiel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

i agree with emmiel and seb i have turned the particles off as soon as i played and it blocks way to much of your screen just so u can see a bomb being droped and going off

• Like 1

Yes it gives advantage to those that turn it off because their vision is not obscured by explosions, but turning them off always felt right for me because they always looked out of place and the game feels better without them. Grenades however are not so bad, and I think I could maybe get used to them.

Grenade now:

oatrGaU.png

Grenade before:

4GKyro5.png

Airstrike:

2jNehM8.png

Airstrike is huge, 2D and on my settings seems to act like a flash grenade, just ugly and disturbing all around. In the end it's just all my preference to not see those sometime huge bright explosions and instead small traces of them.

Also on Legacy airstrike has now visible bombs droping so it also negated advantage to having cg_wolfparticles enabled because it was hard to know which direction the bombs will drop with particles off. Before you could only tell by following explosions (if you dont know the position of fops).

• Like 2

I dont even know. Its a question about modded game vs vanilla. I dont mind them on or off but it should be the same for everyone. Same goes with grass and multiple other settings. Right now the gap between regular and good player is even wider because one know how to manipulate settings in config and gain some extra advantage. If we can level that out either way - I think its good. If @Dmxj predicts that were gonna lose people because they are turned ON, then lets turn them OFF to everyone.

• Like 3

Prefer to have them all off. Even playing modern warfare : warzone which I play as well, I have lighting and particles switched off, unecessary cosmetic clutter on my screen.

Honestly I don't see much of a improvement in average player skill happening even if everyone suddenly had this disabled. Sure their gameplay would become easier but no one gets good without running into using configs. And I dare say vast majority of players who are "good" have all this disabled in their configs. Makes no sense whatsoever to play with these effects if there's an alternative.

But if you want to level the playing field, why not keep the cvar as it used to be but default it to 0 instead of 1? This way the explosion effects would have to be turned on if someone wants to play with them.

• Like 2

• Founders
3 minutes ago, Sebast1an said:

But if you want to level the playing field, why not keep the cvar as it used to be but default it to 0 instead of 1? This way the explosion effects would have to be turned on if someone wants to play with them.

Sensible compromise

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sebast1an said:

Honestly I don't see much of a improvement in average player skill happening even if everyone suddenly had this disabled. Sure their gameplay would become easier but no one gets good without running into using configs. And I dare say vast majority of players who are "good" have all this disabled in their configs. Makes no sense whatsoever to play with these effects if there's an alternative.

I just remember one time talking someone in teamspeak who was thinking he is hidden in radar map grass. But for me, who had no long grass, he was so easy to spot. Thats the people this could help. :)

11 minutes ago, MrMuppet said:

Sensible compromise

+1

• Haha 1

It's already been reported but simple items isn't working so you may not see med packs, ammo packs or the obj marker. Use /cg_simpleitems 0 to fix it if you have this issue.

• Like 1

I saw a lot of complaining today.

But strangely for me nothing changed. Everything works the same as yesterday...

I am using m00f's cfg...

//NETSETTINGS
//maxed out, could need adjustments - check with lagometer

seta rate             "45000"
seta snaps             "40"    //should match server specific sv_fps
seta cl_maxpackets         "125"
seta com_maxfps         "250"
seta cl_packetdup         "1"

//PREFERENCES
//some more m00f specials

seta pmove_fixed        "0"    //better set to 0 when fighting - it increases recoil and weapon spread
seta cg_fov             "90"    //set to 106.27 for silent and jaymod (16:9 bug)
seta cg_autoReload         "1"
seta cg_autoswitch        "1"
seta cg_drawFPS         "2"
seta cg_drawGun         "1"
seta cg_drawSmallPopupIcons     "1"
seta cg_drawTime         "1"
seta cg_zoomstepsniper         "16"     //only 2 zoom levels
seta cg_tracers         "3"
seta cg_altHud             "2"
seta cg_drawCrosshairNames     "2"    
seta cg_popuptime         "0"
seta cg_lagometer         "1"
seta cg_simpleitems        "0"
seta cg_autoaction        "0"    //1 for demo, 7 for all
seta cl_doubletapdelay        "0"    

//GFX
//generally set to high quality and crytal clear graphics, brighter map shadows and vsync turned off

seta r_picmip             "0"
seta r_picmip2             "0"
seta r_detailtextures        "1"
seta r_mapoverBrightBits     "3"
seta r_overbrightbits         "0"
seta r_fastsky             "0"
seta r_intensity         "1"
seta r_gamma             "1.3"
seta r_ignorehwgamma         "0"
seta r_texturemode         "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta r_lodbias             "0"
seta r_finish            "0"

//TWEAKS
//removal of the most distracting and view obstructing effects

seta cg_wolfparticles         "0"
seta cg_atmosphericEffects     "0"  
seta cg_coronas         "0"
seta r_flares             "0"
seta r_dynamiclight         "0"
seta r_wolffog            "1"    //maybe set to 1 if too fugly

seta cg_runpitch         "0"
seta cg_runroll         "0"
seta cg_bobup             "0"
seta cg_bobpitch         "0"
seta cg_bobroll         "0"
seta cg_bobyaw             "0"
seta cg_bloodFlash         "0"
seta cg_bloodDamageBlend     "0"

//MEMORY
//maxed out

seta com_hunkmegs         "736"
seta com_soundmegs         "64"
seta com_zonemegs         "128"

Update is terrible - Not to mentiont the choice of turning things off. I was missing sounds from headshots, heard the first then suddenly there was dead with no sound inbetween. Hitboxes were clearly decided by stevie wonder. Eugh. 

30 minutes ago, WeeMan said:

Update is terrible - Not to mentiont the choice of turning things off. I was missing sounds from headshots, heard the first then suddenly there was dead with no sound inbetween. Hitboxes were clearly decided by stevie wonder. Eugh. 

I have completely different opinion. Didn't notice any missing in sounds in headshots. They ding ding ding like a music. Hitboxes seems to work better or I had better day dunno. I don't mind in wolfparticles. IMO it's even better if the game looks similar to everyone. Configs can give very big advantage. I'm not saying about brightness etc. But things like wolfparticles, long grass.

Maybe it's just my opinion but the game should be the same to everyone. Hope you understand me

51 minutes ago, WeeMan said:

Nothing has been turned off just removed cg_wolfparticles. Has your config somehow got overrriten ?

About that hitbox issue it has been with us since long time ago before even that update to be honest "I did experienced it few times already"