Oldman says hello

Dear Muppets & visitors,

Now, being registered, I also wanted to leave a quick thanks for maintaining the servers and the community around them. You might have seen me playing under the nickname 'oldman', which I obviously chose on the peak of my creativity.... not. (In fact I think I chose it after installing ETL to trigger some respectfulness for me being a newbie again, but instead I got pushed and teamkilled and asked if I am 60 years old in the first matches - the opposit of what I hoped for :-D )  

Oldman in a nutshell: Living in Germany's capital, grew up in the Ruhr area, working in digital marketing, passionate about table soccer & other pub sports, about boxing & kickboxing, and obviously about ET - I played alot on pub like.. 10-15 years ago...? Even did a small ET weblog back then, where I curated interesting stuff that I stumbled across. Discovered ETLegacy by accident(!) like .. 3 months ago, was happy about seeing stable >76fps for the 1st time in my ET life, and immediately got en fuego again when playing.. I mean.. this thing is still beautiful: gameplay, pricetag, chat commands.. <3 Yet, I still don't know all the new maps in detail, and some things like the needle-heal (instead of TK-revive), and the covert staying disguised while shooting still feel strange... so, bare with me (and other elder ones).

Fire in the hole!
Oldman

PS: anticipating the question - Oldman has just baby'ish 42 yrs on his account, but you're as old as u feel, right?! ;-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey Oldman,

I've seen you alot on our servers! Nice to get to know you! You actually made me laugh a couple of times with your introduction. I'm sure you will get to used to al the new things with ETLegacy. You are not the oldest one here, so you could still use Youngman! :D

Have fun with browsing around! And you never know about seeing an application to this community right? :victory:

Frag on!

• Nitmod Admin
43 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

To be fair, as @Stumpel & @Rogan knows this, but in AoS clan where we were before, there was danish player named "Oldman" who was over 60, so he was really old :D .

And 42 is kinda old too :D 

You're old

• Founders
1 hour ago, Ctrz said:

To be fair, as @Stumpel & @Rogan knows this, but in AoS clan where we were before, there was danish player named "Oldman" who was over 60, so he was really old :D .

And 42 is kinda old too :D 

Welcome to the forums Oldman nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

@Ctrz watch who your calling old at 42 years old :D 

11 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

Welcome to the forums Oldman nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

@Ctrz watch who your calling old at 42 years old :D 

Im calling them old who are old :D. Age is just a number. Some age like wine, others age like milk.

Hi there oldman, nice to see you joined the forum, welcome! You're a regular player on our servers and I've got to say that you're a pretty good shot as well (and that for someone who has been AFK for like 10 years). Once again welcome back and enjoy the game!

Thanks all. :-)

@eMMiel

You actually made me laugh a couple of times with your introduction. I'm sure you will get to used to al the new things with ETLegacy. You are not the oldest one here, so you could still use Youngman!

Glad to have made you smile. And… that is actually a pretty good idea, given also that the nickname oldman has been taken long before me by a meanwhile probably 70 years old ET viking - happy to respectfully give it back to him. And become Youngman! (Or, with regards to Ctrz‘s note on aging and my complaint, maybe "wine"? :-D )

@Matu

You are old enough to be @Jessica grandson

Interesting imagination, since I now know that uncle Jessica leads kids with a very, very hard hand. My butt is still hurting from the kick.

@Poyer & @huNti

and I've got to say that you're a pretty good shot as well (and that for someone who has been AFK for like 10 years).

Welcome to the site, good player:)

Merci! I can only say the same about you both. In fact, I even tried to look up a few things from HuNti. :-D

Have a nice weekend
Youngman

• Like 2