A few improvement ideas to balance the gameplay

Hi All,

I have a couple of suggestions to improve the overall play. Bearing in mind that the server ET LEgacy server is very high populated and most of the time it is massacre.

1. Lets make Covert Ops great again!

- Lets increase the damage done by satchel so it could be useful again;

- As this server is XP-Save, lets remove the possibility to detect disguised covert ops.

2. Medics

- It feels that the health regeneration is way too high. I would like to see it reduced it significantly.

- Is it possible to limit the revived players health points to the yellow syringe levels? It feels awkward that one medic could revive 3 or more players at full HP within 3 seconds.

3. Spawnkilling

- I have seen other servers where the forbidden SK areas are marked in yellow or red on the map. Is it possible to do that in order to avoid confusion?

4. Engineers

- There should be a limit of 2 or 3 Garands per team. Otherwise you see a marching engineer throwing out grenades, which is OP :)

5. Campaigns - it feels that Goldrush is have 3 different versions and it is played too frequently. 

Thats it for now. Thanks!

.n4x

9 hours ago, n4x said:

Hi All..

Hey mate. :) 

Nice suggestions and for sure they are taken into discussion. I would suggest you to join our discord server aswell (if you already haven't) because we value highly all members and active community members who gives feedback that helps us improve our servers even further. :cheers:

C#

11 hours ago, n4x said:

3. Spawnkilling

- I have seen other servers where the forbidden SK areas are marked in yellow or red on the map. Is it possible to do that in order to avoid confusion?

4. Engineers

- There should be a limit of 2 or 3 Garands per team. Otherwise you see a marching engineer throwing out grenades, which is OP :)

These two points are very good points. Sometimes it's difficult to know where the spawnkilling is allowed. So those things could clear it up.

I know that we already have a limit on engineers on our campaign server. I'm not sure we have that implemented on our main. So that would be good that implement that. 

As for your other Points. I would love to keep the server as basic as possible. It was a good thing to ban the adrenaline. But to nerf the reviving of a medic, I don't think that would be a good idea.

What do you mean by reducing the health regeneration? The healing over time or the healing with med-packs? Cause that would be the same argument as before. Keeping the game as vanilla as possible. 

I don't think you need to make covies great again. In a skilled player these guys can do quite allot of damage. Also satchels weren't meant to do any big damage. And it's not NoQuarter so it's not possible to detect a covert ops. 

Edited by eMMiel

13 minutes ago, eMMiel said:

And it's not NoQuarter so it's not possible to detect a covert ops. 

I've never played NoQuarter so don't have any idea about that, but doesn't signal level 4 give you ability to spot and reveal enemy cvops. I think he is refering to that and it's a fair point if there is xp save "forever".

But n4x basically everything is fixed at the campaign server which teammuppet also hosts so just join there today instead of the main server.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lepari said:

, but doesn't signal level 4 give you ability to spot and reveal enemy cvops. I think he is refering to that and it's a fair point if there is xp save "forever"..

Oh, I didn't knew about that. Signal 4 is not something i usually go for. 

• Like 1

The other way to recognize cvops beside the obvious *spot a weapon technique* is to look at compass because the enemy cvops in disguise doesn't show up on it just like enemies. Unless this is also behind some level but I have no idea what they actually do so I can't tell, but its even easier than looking for weapon.

2 hours ago, Lepari said:

I think he is refering to that and it's a fair point if there is xp save "forever".

We dont use xp saver in our servers (legacy). Its all campaign related. When u logout xp will reset. 

The point of the nades make sense to me, reduce it to a max of 2  would be a good point. This will make the task of a fops more interesting so it can be a win win situation on both classes.

Another point, like @Lepari said we make use of an extra public server = etl2 or campaign ( this server is pure as possible and its based on prestige the more u do the more u earn the better level u got, only like written above we keep on xp save related on each campaign ( so it will reset after the 10th map)

But like seto said we like suggestions and take them to our member zone and discuss this internal. Thanks for passing by and see you on battlefield

Edited by Dmxj
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, n4x said:

Hi All,

I have a couple of suggestions to improve the overall play. Bearing in mind that the server ET LEgacy server is very high populated and most of the time it is massacre.

1. Lets make Covert Ops great again!

- Lets increase the damage done by satchel so it could be useful again;

- As this server is XP-Save, lets remove the possibility to detect disguised covert ops.

2. Medics

- It feels that the health regeneration is way too high. I would like to see it reduced it significantly.

- Is it possible to limit the revived players health points to the yellow syringe levels? It feels awkward that one medic could revive 3 or more players at full HP within 3 seconds.

3. Spawnkilling

4. Engineers

5. Campaigns - it feels that Goldrush is have 3 different versions and it is played too frequently. 

Thats it for now. Thanks!

.n4x

My take on the points brought up:

- I don't think satchel was ever thought out to be something to do damage with. No opinion whether it should do more damage than now as I rarely see it used for that. And never use it myself.

- I think most people won't rely on signal 4 to spot disguised enemies. Like ryzyk pointed out there's plenty of other ways. But removing the signal 4-way could do them some good.

- Health regeneration is quite high but I don't see the issue. Most medics rely on the medpacks anyway and at level 3 they are plenty.

- Not sure how half hp revives would play out on large scale. Would affect both sides and often attacking team will rely on full hp revives to get an engi through. As will the defending team to get a defuse. You are right, it is now a bit overpowered but on the other hand reviving is a skill as is gibbing. So I think the current system works fine.

- Thing about SK areas is that spawnkilling is allowed with some weapons and some not. And wouldn't these red/yellow areas generally be the spawn anyway? I feel like everyone knows where the spawns are and that their location isn't the real issue. Would do no harm to mark them on the map but I'm not sure it would do any good either.

- Agree, limit the rifles. 3 sounds reasonable for a 20man team - 2 might be a little low.

- Agree, remove every version of goldrush. Or at least remove one from the main server. :)

Interesting ideas. Especially 2 and 3. Ad 3: Imho, marking indusputable no-SK-areas as such could provide an additional help; on the other hand, I'm not sure if the effort (do the markings) is worth the result (less spawnkilling and discussions?). Ad 2: The full health revive provides an interesting tactical component and many "(un)lucky surprises". However, I personally also dislike the medic outpowering any other class with their health bonus (auto-recovery + packs). I've seen other servers anti-rambo'ing the class by medics not being able to eat their own packs anymore. Think it was another mod, dunno if it's possible with ETL. If so, could be sth to put to a voting, and to a test... This provides a completely new gameplay - not only for medics. (Not saying necessarily better, but different.)