A belated introduction

Hi all,

I've been playing on your wonderful servers for a couple of months now, so I suppose I should introduce myself..

I am 40 years of age, a fact that never ceases to horrify me, and live in the UK, also now a fact that never ceases to horrify me.  Send help. It's madness here.

I used to play ET many moons ago in the IFS clan as [IFS]DirkAction but as my skills have atrophied somewhat, I have chosen to return to my very old nickname / persona of StarScream.

Like my namesake I am 2/3rds competent, and 1/3rd so breathtakingly stupid that you will wonder how I am able to navigate a keyboard and mouse. Or even a door. And, once again, like my namesake I do like to stop and gloat frequently, with optional maniacal laughter.

It feels good to play on such a friendly server again, I never truly found a game quite as fun as ET and I am very glad to have found such a great server and people.

To those of you who have been taken from us too soon by one of my mistimed rifle grenades, I salute you. And present you with a bill for my dry cleaning. Getting your blood and chunks off my jacket isn't cheap.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

I actually gniffled a bit reading your introduction, nice! 

Welcome to our forums starscream, I'm glad you're enjoying your stay here! This community is indeed a great one to be in. 

I'm glad I haven't yet experienced your badly timed nades, so I won't pay you a single dime!

Have fun fragging and see you on the servers!

3 hours ago, Mister J said:

Welcome here! You should team up with @StaR to write some Muppet news-articles. I think you're made for it. 

See you on the server! :gaming:

Hee, I'd be up for that, though the similarity in our names might get a little confusing!

We've both already had minor existential crises in-game :D 

Also, when we're both on, any PMs to StaR also come my way (unless you add StaR's TM tag) so TM members, please be aware of that. If I realise they're not for me I deliberately ignore and try not to read them as they are none of my business.  My work in 'cyber-security' (I hate that term) has helped me develop the ability to immediately forget any sensitive data I'm exposed to as part of an investigation, so that helps.

All that said, I would be very happy to contribute to the community here in any way I can. You're all awesome.

Thanks everybody, I look forward to seeing you all on the server!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StarScream said:

the ability to immediately forget any sensitive data I'm exposed to

Isn't that called Korsakoff my friend :D:beer: ? Just kidding! Nice introduction and a steady addition to our servers. Feel welcome and see you on the battlefield :) !

• Like 1