Spawn Killing

Hi all

As i don't want to make some mistakes, i had a look at the rules...
I have a problem to understand the rule about spawnkilling...

Server Rules

Not allowed: Cheating,cursing,spamming,Advertising other servers,pushing/blocking without valid reason,trickjumping for main objective/end map,Spawnkilling-unless battling for spawnpoint's(see SK rules).

So i have a look at SK rules

Server Rules

Spawn Killing is not allowed unless battling for spawn point's .

So, definitively, SK is not allowed on fixed spawn-zones.

But in practice, i see spawnkillings/spawnraping all maps long...
So what is the good behavior?
Thanks for the light you will give me about it

In fixed spawns you can only shoot the people who shoot you first. I'm not sure what spawnraping means but if you're getting killed in your own spawn without shooting at anyone, then your killer is breaking the rules.

Which happens all the time but is difficult to keep an eye on. You just need to kill them first. :D

Spawnraping is fragging really close to the SZ, when some just turn around the SZ and frag... some meters make the difference between spawnkilling and spawnraping.

I suppose that admins keep an eye on and make the rules respected when they are connected...

In another topic i read that nades and landmines at enemies SZ exit are allowed when they are at least 2 exits...
Is it an accepted practice or is it breaking the rules?
Hihihi  it seems that spawn killing is a baffling problem for all the servers on which i played...

2 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

When there are multiple exits, you are free to do whatever you like except mortar. Mortaring near a spawn is always bad.

Some maps "technically" have several exits, all of which lead to the same area. These are the exceptions to the rule.

Its very map based for sure. Feel free to ask here or in discord any specifics. There are maps with small but crucial details that one does not grasp at first glance. :) 

6 hours ago, Kevlar said:

increase spawn protection time is a solution - if they shoot they loose it. And its game on. 

Its gonna disbalance some maps. Lets say you increase spawn protection up to 3 sec. For example in goldrush sw version its enough time for axis to build truck 1. truck barrier and allies cannot kill them. It also makes battery impossible to play as axis home spawn is in such narrow area that 3 sec can get them very far from spawn. There are more examples talked through in the past that makes this proposition sadly useless. :/ 

• 10 months later...
On 9/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, Ctrz said:

Its gonna disbalance some maps. Lets say you increase spawn protection up to 3 sec. For example in goldrush sw version its enough time for axis to build truck 1. truck barrier and allies cannot kill them. It also makes battery impossible to play as axis home spawn is in such narrow area that 3 sec can get them very far from spawn. There are more examples talked through in the past that makes this proposition sadly useless. 😕

How about additional spawn protection as long as the player doesn't fire a weapon _and_ stays within a certain radius of their spawn point _and_ doesn't switch to pliers/dynamite?

Edited by hettoo
Added weapon switch condition for goldrush tank barrier 2 for instance

38 minutes ago, hettoo said:

How about additional spawn protection as long as the player doesn't fire a weapon _and_ stays within a certain radius of their spawn point _and_ doesn't switch to pliers/dynamite?

I think this is one of those solutions that sound perfect in theory but are not very practical. At least I find it hard to keep track off compared to everyone losing their protection at the same time as it currently is.

And when you think about it: how does this additional spawn protection help you against spawnkillers if you lose it upon firing your weapon? Someone has to kill the spawnkillers... :D

17 minutes ago, Sebast1an said:

I think this is one of those solutions that sound perfect in theory but are not very practical. At least I find it hard to keep track off compared to everyone losing their protection at the same time as it currently is.

And when you think about it: how does this additional spawn protection help you against spawnkillers if you lose it upon firing your weapon? Someone has to kill the spawnkillers... :D

😛 indeed, but you can take a good position and aim at the spawn killer without receiving damage, which is an advantage that should balance out the advantage the other has.

I don't currently count how many seconds I think I have spawn protection left. Most of the time I don't think about it at all. It's just there to help out, and the suggestion is about helping out more. On top of that the potential ability to keep track of these more complex rules would add another dimension of skill to the game.

I have seen somekind of protection script used before in ET.. It was like that if player doesnt move in spawn the enemy cant kill him or his own teammates cant kill him.. But if player starts moving then proteection stops..

3 hours ago, Stumpel said:

I have seen somekind of protection script used before in ET.. It was like that if player doesnt move in spawn the enemy cant kill him or his own teammates cant kill him.. But if player starts moving then proteection stops..

Well killing someone AFK is one thing but there should be some protection even when you start moving. I wouldnt mind something more sophisticated and automated but we have many maps and they change over time .. would be pretty big work to go and review them one by one (how far the protection distance should be, etc).