Unbalanced teams

4 hours ago, Alistar said:

Unfortunately not even level 9 experienced member can't kick all bots out. Can't we allow !kickbots for at least level 8 admins?

not sure if u kick bots they will rejoin, i knew from the past that putting bots to specs wont work...

Edited by Dmxj

4 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

If you have the !kickbots command it kicks all bots, but unless you do !needbots they will not return.

Those commands do not work on level 9 admins. Can those commands be allowed? During mornings and day time it is sometimes necessary to kick all bots to ensure comfortable gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an quick question: how long does autobalance take to move an player. Today on several maps one team lost(or the other team gained) 2 or 3 players. 
It takes a few secs before the first notice pops up and then it takes another -what, like 20- secs to actually put a player to another team. And the enemy gains so much ground we actually lost a game several times due to that. 
no doubt it took you guys n gals a long time to set the current time but imho it’s a tad long. 

4 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

Just an quick question: how long does autobalance take to move an player. Today on several maps one team lost(or the other team gained) 2 or 3 players. 
It takes a few secs before the first notice pops up and then it takes another -what, like 20- secs to actually put a player to another team. And the enemy gains so much ground we actually lost a game several times due to that. 
no doubt it took you guys n gals a long time to set the current time but imho it’s a tad long. 

it's not that easy mate, we had a lot of troubles with balancer in the past. After that our old member wrote own balance.lua script for etpub and after main server was moved to etlegacy, i fixed compatibility and made a few improvements. But still, it's not that easy ..

currently, we have these (main) settings:

unevenDiff = 2
max_unevenTime = 30 * 1000
max_unevenDiff = 4
samplerate = 10 * 1000

explanation:

1. balancer is working when one side is having two or more players.   
2. maximum time before someone is moved is 30 sec (+10 sec when this happened after last sample counter)
3. if one side is having four or more players, action is forced (in 10sec)
4. sample rate (when balancer is counting size of sides or will force balance) is 10sec
5. a last player who joined a stronger side will be moved

tbh, i strongly recommending to let it be as it is now or a more serious troubles (especially lags) will come. It's mainly because a lot of other 'calculations' have to be made on background (stats, inactivity, logs, records, etc ...). I see only one way which is to fix WA balancer, but this will need much time and hard testing. Honestly, I'm not that experienced to rewrite that balancer from green field.

...but, if there is anyone strong in LUA, i will give him all the support that I can to help him to fix that. And for the record - Timo (author of WA) is still busy with something else, so this way seems closed to me.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, and as I stated no doubt you really thought this one over but it just was a tad annoying. 
when I see that message I usually jump to the other team but (thank gawd) there is only one me 😱
no need to change it for me but I just noticed it.