Sudden death..selfkill and more.

Hello!

Im new in here so i hope im posting in the right place, but anyways.. i rememver when i use to play more, long long time ago, there was this thing called "sudden death" for example.. when i plant the dyna 15 seconds before the end, originally the time would end, and so would the map, but in that case after going to zero it would go oon, and count down the rest 15sec showing the defusing engis how much time they have to defuse it. Sometimes its only a mather of seconds and it makes things alot more interesting.

Selfkills should be limited per map. I myself like to use selfkill, when i have two bullets left or the situation is hopeless sometimes, but some ppl have started to use is it in a standard situation, which is quite annoying.  If you rack up 15+ selfkills per map its way too much. 

Also covert ops, sometimes when your undercover it shows a green tot on your head sometimes it doesnt.. when its oon, it way too easy to for the enemy to recognize you.. and the green tot undercover and green tot in fireteam match which is confusing..I think that the enemy should be pro enough to smell you out on a fishy movement, since usually the guy moves really wierd cuz hes on a mission of hes own, so if your not sure just shoot couple of warning bullets to hes head :D

i know i have more suggestions, i just can remember them atm.. anyway thank you for your time and see you on the battlefield.. cheers!

Edited by Kuzmitz

I agree about sudden death.Does it needs script for map or it depends on mod or sm @Boosted?

I also noticed that selfkill is a little out of hand lately.

Agree on covops part also😁I thought i am stupid or seeing things bc of im unable to play ET sober lately.

The rules say that a selfkill counts as a death and will reward a kill to the opposing player. It does neither of these things which I think annoy some people. Could look into fixing both of those as well. Right now there's no downside to selfkilling so people do it often. Myself included.

The sudden death idea sounds nice and I think the cvops bug is being looked at by the devs. And you're right, usually spotting undercover cvops is easy when they are doing something so random your teammates would not do. :D

4 hours ago, Matu said:

I agree about sudden death.Does it needs script for map or it depends on mod or sm @Boosted?

I also noticed that selfkill is a little out of hand lately.

Agree on covops part also😁I thought i am stupid or seeing things bc of im unable to play ET sober lately.

Sudden Death was Part of Mods (ETPub and Jaymod iirc), should be possible to add this with a lua script, not sure tho.

Aint possible with vanilla ETL.

1 hour ago, Sebast1an said:

The rules say that a selfkill counts as a death and will reward a kill to the opposing player. It does neither of these things which I think annoy some people. Could look into fixing both of those as well. Right now there's no downside to selfkilling so people do it often. Myself included.

The sudden death idea sounds nice and I think the cvops bug is being looked at by the devs. And you're right, usually spotting undercover cvops is easy when they are doing something so random your teammates would not do. :D

As i see it the Rules were copied straight over from the old Main Server which was ETPub where you could set that IFSK counts as kill for the other Player.

This option isnt available in ETL.

Worth a Suggestion to the Devs i suppose...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boosted said:

Sudden Death was Part of Mods (ETPub and Jaymod iirc), should be possible to add this with a lua script, not sure tho.

Aint possible with vanilla ETL.

As i see it the Rules were copied straight over from the old Main Server which was ETPub where you could set that IFSK counts as kill for the other Player.

This option isnt available in ETL.

Worth a Suggestion to the Devs i suppose...

Maybe its possible to add delay between selfkill command and the action of it? That would make it hard to use in battle. Like delay 2s for example. Or remove forcetapout possibility...?

Imo: when it counts as a kill for the other Player...fine.

But a delay will make you miss Spawn again which i use it mostly for...kinda defeats the Purpose :D

When i ifsk i dont care about dying...i care about getting a  lot of time waiting for Spawn.

14 hours ago, Boosted said:

Imo: when it counts as a kill for the other Player...fine.

But a delay will make you miss Spawn again which i use it mostly for...kinda defeats the Purpose :D

When i ifsk i dont care about dying...i care about getting a  lot of time waiting for Spawn.

There's the difference. Some players use it for selfkill before spawn and others use it in battle. Having known delay like 1.5s before selfkill kills you would make it hard to deploy it in battle but still possible to use it for spawn. Just dont tap out last second but lets say 2 sec before spawn.  :)

On 11/1/2020 at 3:11 PM, Ctrz said:

There's the difference. Some players use it for selfkill before spawn and others use it in battle. Having known delay like 1.5s before selfkill kills you would make it hard to deploy it in battle but still possible to use it for spawn. Just dont tap out last second but lets say 2 sec before spawn.  :)

Pretty sure the ones in battle also use it for respawn reasons. 2sec delay would not change anything as it would still happen - it's just that much more annoying if it's not instant.

E: And if there's a 2sec timer, it's very possible that people will run into you during those 2 seconds and technically you'd be selfkilling in battle, accidentally but still.

Edited by Sebast1an

14 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Pretty sure the ones in battle also use it for respawn reasons. 2sec delay would not change anything as it would still happen - it's just that much more annoying if it's not instant.

E: And if there's a 2sec timer, it's very possible that people will run into you during those 2 seconds and technically you'd be selfkilling in battle, accidentally but still.

Agree with this , everything will stay the same just with extra steps, I also use selfkill to refresh ammo or just to avoid long spawn times, also seen people do it lots of time when they are in 1 on 1 in fights against me, I have no issue with this as its the way the game is meant to be played. Its one of the strats you need to learn to become better at the game: spawn time management. If you are bitter about the selfkill then go ahead and add the stat that will give the opposing player a kill and the selfkilled player gets the death (really don't care that much about the 5-6 death/kill you will get , but I do care about the re-spawn times being messed up with this), please don't don't mess with selfkill timing as skilled players will adapt to this but at what cost, you are basically creating a beginner server. In the end players will then just go to campaign server to get the regular ET feel instead. ( Which might not be a bad thing, hmm I will think about this more :))

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

UP!

Hello my fellow ET fanatics!  Its been allmost 2 years, but Im back!  Nice to see server still going strong.. i see the covert dot is fixed so kuddos to that, and not so bothered about selfkill, but still thinkin how fun the sudden death would be. Ive been playing for a month now and thers been couple times too many, that its down to seconds of winning, but instead the map ends. Not sure how tough it is making it happen, but maybe you can look into it, im sure everyone would love it! 

Anyways, thanks for keeping it all working, and keep up the good work!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kuzmitz said:

sudden death would be

I agree that in big public server it would increase the fun factor. As it makes last seconds matter compared to now where defending team can win game 30secs before time runs out. I would even extend it to Objects delivery. For example grabbing object in last minute will activate sudden death, making object delivered or returned win or lose. Probably those last chance fights will be most intense and full of try hard.

If Legacy team can make it work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...