Custom SoundPack

Sound Pack  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Soundpack on the servers ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way

I think I already know the answer to this question but I'm generally curious what people think

Would people be interested in a customer soundpack on the servers ?

I know that they should work on nitmod but i don't know about legacy and if its supported to do that.

I have noticed in the console, on legacy , during killing sprees that the console wants to play a sound file but they seem to be missing and thats why they are not playing. The sound pack that i have do not have the killing spree sounds inside it. It's and custom sound made from clips or songs. For example it has the speech from Jeff Dunham's Achmed the Dead Terrorist 'Silence ! I kill you !

I have got an old Soundpack saved on my pc from the {NB} clan ( some of you might know these as they use to play on our servers )

And if i can get it to work after some editing and testing would people be interested ?

I know that sometimes we have issues with spam as it is but we could just restrict the amount of spam even more ?

Been asking on servers and seems to be 50/50 so thought id make a topic here,

Kind Regards

Dan

Edited by BladeWarrioR
  • Like 1

Me, I suggest that we put a sound when a member or an administrator enters the game as an example <=TM=>Sho0ty:* Trial member enters the game then the sound behind. And also just put one sound for each member but just put the commands for the members. ;)

So normal players will not have access to spam. From the lv.6 trial member we can use the command for the sound.

Edited by ShoOty:*

Wouldn't mind the original killing spree sounds, maybe with the exception that it would start at 10 kills because killing sprees of 5 are too easy to get and it would keep on playing throughout the map.

But when it comes to spammable sounds, it's a no with a pretty please. That shit is flat out annoying.

Edited by Sebast1an

8 hours ago, ShoOty:* said:

Me, I suggest that we put a sound when a member or an administrator enters the game as an example <=TM=>Sho0ty:* Trial member enters the game then the sound behind. And also just put one sound for each member but just put the commands for the members. ;)

So normal players will not have access to spam. From the lv.6 trial member we can use the command for the sound.

I'm sorry but to me none of this really makes sense. Welcome sounds would just be an unnecessary addition to the current welcome texts. I can't see the benefit in adding a random noise just to let everyone know a member has joined the server.

Having level dependent vsays makes even less sense. After all if they are added, they are 100% for fun purposes and to me it doesn't seem very fair that only members would have access to that. And it certainly doesn't mean that they would not be spammed still.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, peering through the mists of time, the old IFS clan I was a part of had soundpacks on their servers. Each member chose a short sound to represent them (playing as Dirk Action, I created a little fanfare sound) and they were meant to be used sparingly.

They were not.

One Halloween they added a terrible song I recorded about zombies and never took it off, and it was spammed to death. 

Even though the sounds could only be played by clan members, clan members in spec would just spam sounds to mess with the players. It was fun at first but quickly became tedious.

It could be fun in moderation if everyone shows restraint. How likely is that, though?

On 11/7/2020 at 5:49 PM, StarScream said:

It could be fun in moderation if everyone shows restraint. How likely is that, though?

Without actually testing it on the server theres no way to see how much spam theres going to be ..

i would need to test it on the test server so that i can get the text correct and to see if it actually works ..

then the main test would be on the server itself ..

As for the custom member join sounds, i have no idea how to make them for the server. this is just a custom sounds pack i have saved over the years. It is not something i have made myself

Even though theres is one more vote, as or typing this comment, more for no. Im actual surprised the vote is fairly even to have a custom sound pack on the server. 

Edited by BladeWarrioR

3 hours ago, Stumpel said:

Voted F2=NO 

Why, because I have seen many times in many places where it goes when server has custom sounds or soundcommands which most of players can use.. It goes totally a mess..  Its just a fact. 

Not True.

The only time when it becomes a mess is when admins/members allow it to become that. That's why you have spam restrictions on the servers and also admin/members to control the spam by muting the abuses.

When this soundpack was on the NB servers back in the day there was no spam whatso ever as it was controlled by the NB admins/members. Probs the best server that had a custom soundpack as they controlled the spammers by muting, then if they continue they would be kicked. The only time custom soundspacks have ever been a problem is when members/admins let the players spam/abuse them.

36 minutes ago, BladeWarrioR said:

Not True.

The only time when it becomes a mess is when admins/members allow it to become that. That's why you have spam restrictions on the servers and also admin/members to control the spam by muting the abuses.

When this soundpack was on the NB servers back in the day there was no spam whatso ever as it was controlled by the NB admins/members. Probs the best server that had a custom soundpack as they controlled the spammers by muting, then if they continue they would be kicked. The only time custom soundspacks have ever been a problem is when members/admins let the players spam/abuse them.

Even though the popular vote seems to be against, I must ask if it's worth to add something that further increases the work admins/members need to do in order to keep the server in check? I'm not an admin but to me it seems like there's plenty of work already.