Mapping?

Hi All,

Are any of the Muppets doing any mapping?
I've been thinking about making another map or participating in making one. are anyone doing anything they need help with or are anyone interested to start something?

Cheers 
Arno 

4 hours ago, Dmxj said:

@kemon he's making the legacy maps that we use in our servers (ETL Frostbite & maybe ETL Supply Depot in the future)

Thanks, I can see he has not been active here sins May, I'll msg. him and see what happens :)

1 hour ago, Boosted said:

Made 2 TJ Maps in the Past, but havent touched GTK Radiant for ages...would need to work myself back to be any help.

Well I ain't up to speed either.. years ago for me as well.. but I thought if we where a few that worked on it together with a realistic timeframe (we all have lives) we might come up with something useful while having some fun revisiting brushes, shaders, portals and scripts. 
I made one for RTCW and one for ET (Alchemy Castle) and contributed to Operation Tower back in the Dark Alchemy days.

Are you interested in a brainstorming sometime?

7 hours ago, Boosted said:

Sure, just contact me some time.

Will do.

6 hours ago, Charlie said:

Might be able to contact him better on Discord if you have it.

I do, i am on your channel now an then and I'll keep an eye out for him Thanks

On 11/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, Boosted said:

Sure, just contact me some time.

I had a brief chat with @kemon today (Thanks @Dmxj @Charlie) and he is bit busy with other projects as mentioned here earlier but he is supportive and willing to help out, so I ill catch you on Discord soon and we see where it leads.

Edited by Arno

I've been thinking of doing some mapping, too!

Haven't touched q3 engine mapping tools since the early 2000s so I'll have to familiarise myself with everything, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Hit me up on discord, I guess!

If we do get serious about mapping, I can set up a test server and collaboration / versioning tools.

6 hours ago, StarScream said:

I've been thinking of doing some mapping, too!

Haven't touched q3 engine mapping tools since the early 2000s so I'll have to familiarise myself with everything, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Hit me up on discord, I guess!

If we do get serious about mapping, I can set up a test server and collaboration / versioning tools.

Well it sounds like we are almost a team now, I knew I couldn't be the only one :) 

6 hours ago, Dmxj said:

What if i make a mapping channel on our discord where u guys can talk in private and exchange some ideas?

That could be cool if we can setup an environment with a channel and maybe a forum if possible where we can share ideas and info as long as its cost free for the community I vote yes

Should we see if we can gather up around 1900 CET Friday? or is it primetime for gaming :pardon: