ETL supply and Frostbite

• Founders

Alrighty. I logged in to voice for players like me who have "shit computers".

The new modified map are a pain in the arse for some of us (yeah, me included)

Yeah, we do have potato computer, but this game is from 2003, and i believe it should be playable on a 2003 computer, no need for warmachine computer to play ET. Some of you guys play on 144HZ, 333FPS, Ryzen 9 and some stellar graphic cards, but some of us also play on our lovely computer from 2010 that cant give us much more than 125 FPS on ET.

So i am wondering why would we not go back to original maps ? I mean, okay, we are probably only a handful having problems with the newers release of the maps, but you can play on older original maps - you've done it for years - in the other hand, we can't play on newer maps because of these issues. 

I don't know how many players are in that same situation to be truely honest, i know some have issues aswel, but i do not pay attention as i simply leave the server when these maps come around now. I get 45 fps on the new supply, lol ...

Cheers 

17 hours ago, spojetski said:

Yeah, we do have potato computer, but this game is from 2003, and i believe it should be playable on a 2003 computer, no need for warmachine computer to play ET. Some of you guys play on 144HZ, 333FPS, Ryzen 9 and some stellar graphic cards, but some of us also play on our lovely computer from 2010 that cant give us much more than 125 FPS on ET.

So i am wondering why would we not go back to original maps ? I mean, okay, we are probably only a handful having problems with the newers release of the maps, but you can play on older original maps - you've done it for years - in the other hand, we can't play on newer maps because of these issues. 

I don't know how many players are in that same situation to be truely honest, i know some have issues aswel, but i do not pay attention as i simply leave the server when these maps come around now. I get 45 fps on the new supply, lol ...

Cheers 

Computers in 2003 could hardly run this game :) but i feel your pain. If i had to look deep into my heart i find the original maps most fun to play 2 especially railgun but with 20vs20 thats not really an option anymore these days.

20 hours ago, spojetski said:

Cheers 

I have AMD Phenom X4 965 BE which is relatively old CPU from 2009 with constant 125 fps. I guess it depends how ET utilizes both GPU and CPU ingame to have decent FPS. 

Edited by Alistar
  • Like 1

• Founders

We can look at rotating these map so they are on for a couple of days then back to normal version and have etl supply and normal frostbite then swap them to the other way around. This doesn't help totally but will keep everyone happy I hope.

Will look at this on monday when I am off work.

For my part I have no problem with fps on the etl supply v2 cards on the other hand I have players who have problems 
on the etl ice v4 map because they have old computers

Edited by papywolf

5 hours ago, Dmxj said:

To everyone this is BREAKING NEWS :secret:

New updates of the 4 overhauls made by the legend @kemon will be updated this weekend.

So keep in touch and try them later on one of our 2 legacy servers!

Hey.

Do we put all 4 in rotation into both servers or into one for testing?

• 2 weeks later...