Unwanted v-say pop-up :)

Dragonkiss

Oke, and another (prolly n008) question;

When i play and i am running around pressing the keyboard WSAD (not all at the same time doh) and press my mouse button's 3, 4 or 5 the v-say screen pops up (or the score popup).
No doubd i'm doing something wrong but how do i turn that off, its annoying when i try to grab my needle when dodging bullets to the left- or right and have to press escape to turn those pop up messages of. You know, i get killed and unable to revive teammates or place dyno's :D

I dont use an config file atm, i configured my new mouse through the gui of ET itself. Just did weapon4 to mouse 3 and so on. So needle/dyno are configured on mouse 4, medpack/mine are binded to mouse 5. Attach rnade is mouse 3 and so on. But when i press A and mouse 4 i get my score pop-up :D
No key is bind to V-say other then 'V'. Sometimes that menu pops up but also score and commandline show up. Kindah annoying.
Ill try to digg up the config.
Thx for all your replies :)

Okey, the 'stranger things' continue:

Ive reseted all keybinds to the default and the problem perssits sadly and just discovered another fun one :( when i open console i cant type any text because any touch on any random key will close the console (sorry for the not replying to the friendly welcomes from amongs other Je$$ica).
But when i open the console using ~ and then press the escape key the console works but -you guessed it- the tab wont work any more.
As last resort i confiscated the Corsair keyboard from my son (who bravely fought me because he wanted to play aswel) and tried it, well the same result as with the ol' G11.
Ive set Windows to US layout and dutch language and now i have no clue anymore...

Anyone any thoughts on the matter?

DeeKee out :D 

1 hour ago, Dragonkiss said:

Ive reseted all keybinds to the default and the problem perssits sadly and just discovered another fun one :( when i open console i cant type any text because any touch on any random key will close the console (sorry for the not replying to the friendly welcomes from amongs other Je$$ica).
But when i open the console using ~ and then press the escape key the console works but -you guessed it- the tab wont work any more.
As last resort i confiscated the Corsair keyboard from my son (who bravely fought me because he wanted to play aswel) and tried it, well the same result as with the ol' G11.
Ive set Windows to US layout and dutch language and now i have no clue anymore...

Still. Can you post your config file? :) it should be in your ET folder. Let us know if you need help. 
Are you using vanilla or legacy launcher?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

Have you tried reinstalling the whole game from scratch? Your issues are not something that default settings should bring (i.e. they don't use mouse3-5 for anything)

Which mouse do you use and does it have any software installed on your computer? You can bind mouse buttons using external software as well so it can also be related to that. For example mouse3 could be bound to ctrl, so the game would understand any mouse3 stroke as ctrl. This can also be achieved using a variety of different programs, not necessarily related to your mouse. I would check that.

Does the problem only happen with mousebuttons 3-5? Does the same thing happen if you bind weaponbank4 to mouse1 and press it together with WSAD or however the problem occurs?

You can also try binding a different key to the scores-popup and see if the problem still exists.

Also instead of GUI, you could try placing your binds in a config file to see if it makes a difference.

Here's what you config should look like (can just be these 3 lines):

bind mouse3 "weaponbank 4"
bind mouse4 "weaponbank 5"
bind mouse5 "weaponbank 6"

You also could try typing /unbindall in console and then resetting your controls back to default. Should take care of any funny binds you might have.

E: Added some comments.

Edited by Sebast1an
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sebast1an said:

Also instead of GUI, you could try placing your binds in a config file to see if it makes a difference.

And use advanced program to view config file (notepad +++, sublime etc) so it breaks row itself and you dont have to read the mess normal notepad makes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Have you tried reinstalling the whole game from scratch? Your issues are not something that default settings should bring (i.e. they don't use mouse3-5 for anything)

Which mouse do you use and does it have any software installed on your computer? You can bind mouse buttons using external software as well so it can also be related to that. For example mouse3 could be bound to ctrl, so the game would understand any mouse3 stroke as ctrl. You can also try binding a different key to the scores-popup and see if the problem still exists.

E: Here's what you config should look like (can just be these 3 lines):

bind mouse3 "weaponbank 4"
bind mouse4 "weaponbank 5"
bind mouse5 "weaponbank 6"

You also could try typing /unbindall in console and then reset you controls back to default. Should take care of any funny binds you might have.

Thanks for the insights. The game is just 3 or 4 weeks on my rigg so i doubt a reinstall is needed so i wil use that as an last resort.
I can def try to make an new config but its been ages and ive forgotten so much its an slippery slope :D

2 hours ago, Ctrz said:

And use advanced program to view config file (notepad +++, sublime etc) so it breaks row itself and you dont have to read the mess normal notepad makes.

Yes, i am using Notepad+++ for other things aswel so quite familiar with it thx!!

19 hours ago, 0wN1x said:

I have the same problem with typing in my console. When you press ' first before console ~ it should work. At least that works for me :)

Yup this works for me 2 now, and doesn't screw up the other keybinds, thank you very much!

20 hours ago, Ctrz said:

Still. Can you post your config file? :) it should be in your ET folder. Let us know if you need help. 
Are you using vanilla or legacy launcher?

Its attached @ this post (renamed it for ease of use here), i tried an reset to default but did nog give the wanted results i.e. the pop-ups and ~ failure remains I'd love to hear if you can find anything.

etconfig(DK).cfg

13 minutes ago, Dragonkiss said:

Thanks for the insights. The game is just 3 or 4 weeks on my rigg so i doubt a reinstall is needed so i wil use that as an last resort.
I can def try to make an new config but its been ages and ive forgotten so much its an slippery slope :D

Make sure to go through my earlier message again, I added some comments at the same time you responded. :) Also reinstalling the game should take only 5 minutes as you can recover your settings using the etconfig you posted.

When it comes to your config, I see no issues. Looks like any other config I've ever seen. So I think the problem is not in ET but in your Windows settings. Check my earlier post for suggestions/questions.

Also totally irrelevant to the problems but you might want to use maxfps 76. It's better than 85 which sounds illogical but that's how the game works.

Edited by Sebast1an

3 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

Its attached @ this post (renamed it for ease of use here), i tried an reset to default but did nog give the wanted results i.e. the pop-ups and ~ failure remains I'd love to hear if you can find anything.

etconfig(DK).cfg 12.14 kB · 1 download

Totally vanilla. :) I think Seb idea is good and do clean install (save etkey somewhere tho). :) 

• Thanks 1