is there anything that can be done about when people vote for a map that you want to play then when it loads the map  that you want to play  others are then voting to next map or whatever cue to they dont like the map or dont know it im not sure how to put it the right way but  i think its a bit unfair you play only the maps that they want to if that make sesne not sure if i have put this right at all but tm star might put it a better way than me as we spoke about it on server :D

Something to think about. Does it happen to certain maps? Is it usually close voting results like "3 votes for radar; 3 votes for goldrush; 3 votes for fueldump" and fueldump begins but gets !nextmap voted or is it with much clearer favourite beeing voted off?

I know what hes on about...had it happen quite a few times on beginners..."my vote" won the next map, others didnt like it, so they voted next map and it get skipped....not sure what you would want to do about it other than making next map vote unavailable....

• Nitmod Admin

hi, the vote is itself a solution to this problem, if i understand correctly, sometimes you are forced to play a map that you don't like. without the vote, you would have been forced to play a map that you don't like ... the vote gives the vote to the majority and I think it is fairer that way. the more people there are, the more choice will be.

• Nitmod Admin
4 minutes ago, GoLdFiNgEr said:

hi, the vote is itself a solution to this problem, if i understand correctly, sometimes you are forced to play a map that you don't like. without the vote, you would have been forced to play a map that you don't like ... the vote gives the vote to the majority and I think it is fairer that way. the more people there are, the more choice will be.

If a certain map is loaded it means someone voted for it, therefore there are people that want to play that map. If others do not want to play that map then they should have voted for something else. I suggest we get rid of that command that allows people to vote to skip map or vote to end. (Also the surrender vote, that needs to go too)

9 minutes ago, StaR said:

If a certain map is loaded it means someone voted for it, therefore there are people that want to play that map. If others do not want to play that map then they should have voted for something else. I suggest we get rid of that command that allows people to vote to skip map or vote to end. (Also the surrender vote, that needs to go too)

yeap. because the issue here is not the map that is chosen but people beeing unhappy about the map that majority DID choose and then vote skip. I reckon those can be people who dont know how to vote / dont care to vote / they havent got enough time to vote (like happened with me few times).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nitmod Admin
1 hour ago, cookiemonster said:

so will anything get done about the vote sitution as it not stop is happening all the time

We are working on it! Please be patient :) 

• Founders
12 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

so will anything get done about the vote sitution as it not stop is happening all the time

So, the lua was running but it meant you could call for the next map within the first 5 mins, (that time can be changed) this is obviously when it is happening so I removed that vote and the surrender, I have reduced the umber of maps to show at vote time so hopefully players can agree on a map to play.