Thoughts on TeamMuppet ETLegacy 2 server

Would it be possible to reduce the amount of bots to 4v4 on this server? Happened many times now that we are playing nice competitive games 4v4 or something like that and there's always this stupid bot trying to ruin the game by team killing with rnade or panzer. Or perhaps an in-game vote option to remove bots even though this is probabably not possible. Furthermore, i think that some other maps should be added soon as there are many complaints about the map pool. For example Stargate 1945 most impossible map ever, where allies need to destroy the gate with dynamite just so that axis can rebuild it in 1 second and allies will have to destroy it again with dyna. (no other acces points)...

My request is if you can delete some of the stupid maps (ofc this is an opinion but many people think alike) and add some others that are fun to play. You could bring it up for voting in a poll here on forums but I don't think the results will give a good reflection of what people that are actually playing on Legacy 2 server would like to see. Just add some other maps and delete some, it is only a second server so no real harm can be done imo.

Like to hear your thoughts😀

8 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Like to hear your thoughts😀

Here we go!

- ↓ - ↓ - ↓ - ↓ -

2 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Would it be possible to reduce the amount of bots to 4v4 on this server? Happened many times now that we are playing nice competitive games 4v4 or something like that and there's always this stupid bot trying to ruin the game by team killing with rnade or panzer. Or perhaps an in-game vote option to remove bots even though this is probabably not possible. 

Just note us in discord. We can usually jump in and disable bots for some time if needed & asked nicely. There usually is someone online with high enough level to do that.

3 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Furthermore, i think that some other maps should be added soon as there are many complaints about the map pool.

If possible, could you also spread some word for people to post their opinions about maps to this forum? Then we have much more info to base our mappool on :) 

4 minutes ago, Bomba said:

For example Stargate 1945 most impossible map ever, where allies need to destroy the gate with dynamite just so that axis can rebuild it in 1 second and allies will have to destroy it again with dyna. (no other acces points)...

Would it help if door was destroyable with satchel after 1 successful bomb? Like we have modified caen? Cannot promise it to be easy but maybe its a solution? Cannot throw away map for 1 bad area.

5 minutes ago, Bomba said:

My request is if you can delete some of the stupid maps (ofc this is an opinion but many people think alike) and add some others that are fun to play. You could bring it up for voting in a poll here on forums but I don't think the results will give a good reflection of what people that are actually playing on Legacy 2 server would like to see. Just add some other maps and delete some, it is only a second server so no real harm can be done imo.

Well we can maybe ask our members who dont play in etl2 at all not to vote ... but that doesnt still represent of those who are not TM members (yet 🧐). We can call them come here to vote & if you are invested in making the mappool the best we can do, then help us too :) . We surely wanna meet the expectations as good as possible!

--

Br,

C# :hi:

Thanks Ctrz for your reply, 

I don't use Discord and it if I did this solution would only work occasionally when high enough admin is online for long enough period of time (as bots also need to be returned). I know the easiest solution is to join TM and grab the power but lets pretend that this is not a possibility. Why not reduce the amount of bots permanently to 4 per team? Can someone give some logic why this would be a bad idea on a small secundo server without any real regular players . Server is not listed on Splatterladder btw.

And for Stargate map, it would certainly help if gate were destroyable by satchel after first time destroying it with dyna. Only I don't see why someone would want to put time and effort in altering a overal bad map (tank is hard to fix, probably bugged, ask froggy). Maps have been removed for less in the past.

My proposal; remove 6 unpopular maps now, add 6 new ones. After one month do the same. Dont treat this server like your main server as only regulars from your main come to play here, it doesnt attract new players. Do some experimenting with bots and maps and you might attract more regulars. The server is not really attractive to play on right now  but thats just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Bomba said:

I don't use Discord

You should, we all there :) 

14 minutes ago, Bomba said:

...this solution would only work occasionally when high enough admin is online for long enough period of time (as bots also need to be returned). I know the easiest solution is to join TM and grab the power but lets pretend that this is not a possibility. Why not reduce the amount of bots permanently to 4 per team? Can someone give some logic why this would be a bad idea on a small secundo server without any real regular players . Server is not listed on Splatterladder btw.

Well, I dont think there is issue with less bots - but there is option to remove them also for lets say 3vs3 even :) Just give admin info when you join and info when bots should be put back. Were online pretty long hours usually :) .

16 minutes ago, Bomba said:

My proposal; remove 6 unpopular maps now, add 6 new ones. After one month do the same. Dont treat this server like your main server as only regulars from your main come to play here, it doesnt attract new players. Do some experimenting with bots and maps and you might attract more regulars. The server is not really attractive to play on right now  but thats just my opinion.

I know the original idea was to have it seconday when main server is full. But lets see in what directions it will go. We have had small maps servers and campaign server etc before, so we have experimented a little already. But join up discord and keep giving us your ideas here too :) We are very thankful for it!

Hey Bomba,

Thanks for ur proposals.

First or all we are a bit in test phase.

Checking all the maps that could fit and the maps that aren't productive.

In our private admin section we allready talked about potantial maps that could fit well. So give us some days (probs) during the weekend we can update the server a bit with newer and better maps. (Ps: we are waiting a bit on the newest overhauls from sd2 and bergen etc)

2nd thing about the bots is a good thing to discuss ill take this point up to the admin and memberzone sections so we can discuss more about ur proposal. Have to know that when the server is getting more popular day by day u wont probably see any bots anymore.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks to join etl2!

• Like 1

• Founders
5 hours ago, Bomba said:

And for Stargate map, it would certainly help if gate were destroyable by satchel after first time destroying it with dyna. Only I don't see why someone would want to put time and effort in altering a overal bad map (tank is hard to fix, probably bugged, ask froggy). Maps have been removed for less in the past.

Didn't realise there was an issue with this, I have removed it and replaced it with ..................................................... you will have to play to see! I'll wait for the guys to finish their discussion before replacing any of the others.

I can yes.

Just tell my which Maps and what Area they should cover.

Wont be scripts tho, rather modified Maps...not quite sure if it works with scripting by itself.

Edited by Boosted

23 hours ago, Dmxj said:

In our private admin section we allready talked about potantial maps that could fit well.

Happy to hear this, was starting to feel a little as if members were not really interested in upgrading Legacy 2 server. I'll wait patiently to see what changes will come.

19 hours ago, Ande said:

I want see you with tags Bomba :D 

@Visangle was also asking me yesterday if I would want to join. Told him I was a member here before and that it ended abruptly after some shit that I don't exactly all remember. 

19 hours ago, MrMuppet said:

There you go Ande, Bomba with tags on!

@MrMuppet / @MiniMuppet If there is no more hard feelings after the stunt we pulled 10 years ago (I think time is the best healing factor) I might put in an application. In my defence I was around 15 years old at the time and shared my account with my older brother and on top of that server was dying which lead to some annoyances back and forth. It brings real joy in my heart to see this community being very much alive after so many years and the love, respect and humor that is present. I feel some sort of obligation on one hand to join this community to 'give something back' after 'receiving' for many years. On the other hand I don't want to be constantly policing people around on the servers. Let me know what you think muppets and I will make up my mind.

Cheers and have a nice weekend y'all 🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Founders
8 hours ago, Bomba said:

@MrMuppet / @MiniMuppet If there is no more hard feelings after the stunt we pulled 10 years ago (I think time is the best healing factor) I might put in an application. In my defence I was around 15 years old at the time and shared my account with my older brother and on top of that server was dying which lead to some annoyances back and forth. It brings real joy in my heart to see this community being very much alive after so many years and the love, respect and humor that is present. I feel some sort of obligation on one hand to join this community to 'give something back' after 'receiving' for many years. On the other hand I don't want to be constantly policing people around on the servers. Let me know what you think muppets and I will make up my mind.

Cheers and have a nice weekend y'all 🍻

I can't even remember fully what happened back then, must be because I am getting old :D 

If you wish to apply to join us a again we would welcome you. You have been playing on our server again for ages and always help on the server even though you are not a member.

21 hours ago, Bystry said:

I'd strongly suggest scripting for roofs rather than modyfing the maps. Firstly, modyfing maps without the permission of the original author is a bit risky. Secondly, it will be needed to download new pk3 for each modified maps.

Requires a lil bit more work then :D

Need to research it first.

I can send you a sample from mapscript, from what I remember it's just about finding the right coordinates of the roof. I could do it myself or help you, but atm I don't have much time for this kind of stuff (very time consuming). I'll be available from around 15th February.