Noob Questions

PsiLoCybe

Hi guys, i've recently installed ET Legacy from the official site on my notebook and have a couple of dumb questions for you

1) I can open the console online when i'm already in a server but not on the title screen or where you have the list of servers for example. Is it normal? 

2) Everytime i connect to your servers i have to manually choose akimbo pistols because by default i have the single pistol and of course I always forgot to select akimbo before starting the game ^^' . Is there a way to make it an automatic choice?

3) I wanted to hook in some friends, but since they've never ever played, i wanted to host a game and make them practice with bots first, since in a normal server the would be traumatized by how noob they are lol... But if i try to host a server and open the referee menu the bots submenu is missing. Do you know a way to solve this problem?

4) Even though I downloaded the official et legacy everytime i open it it says that i have an older version and i should download a new one from the site... I feel that this problem and #3 are related because at one point this message wasn't shown and i could host a server with bots, but since i started tinkering with the cfg, i unistalled due to some problems and reinstalled again only to find this message... 

I'm kinda a noob for this type of stuff so any help will be very appreciated!

Heyo
to 1) have you tried opening the console with shift+esc already? Since I'm using a german keyboard layout I have to do that or change the keyboard layout with hotkeys to open the console - pretty annoying 😐

to 2) got the same issue aswell, joining a team always selects single pistol, I gotta pick my class again to get akimbos (I'm using scripts to select team/class)

• TeamMuppet coin 1

• Founders
57 minutes ago, PsiLoCybe said:

3) I wanted to hook in some friends, but since they've never ever played, i wanted to host a game and make them practice with bots first, since in a normal server the would be traumatized by how noob they are lol... But if i try to host a server and open the referee menu the bots submenu is missing. Do you know a way to solve this problem?

If you wish, I'll knock you up a small private server for your guys to test?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m00f said:

Heyo
to 1) have you tried opening the console with shift+esc already? Since I'm using a german keyboard layout I have to do that or change the keyboard layout with hotkeys to open the console - pretty annoying 😐

YES! It worked! Thank you 😃

1 hour ago, m00f said:

to 4) have you joined a different legacy server recently? Cause I had that issue after joining another legacy server and it downloaded some older legacy files, which I had to remove from my ET folder manually!

Mmmmh yes, i guess this could be the problem... How can i spot the files i need to remove? 
Ps. I downloaded your cfg and it is great, thank you!

36 minutes ago, MrMuppet said:

If you wish, I'll knock you up a small private server for your guys to test?

:O that would be awesome! Thanks mate! Maybe we can discuss this on dischord so you can explain to me details?

5 minutes ago, PsiLoCybe said:

:O that would be awesome! Thanks mate! Maybe we can discuss this on dischord so you can explain to me details?

If ur able to invite all your friends in to our discord we can maken a deal. :cheers:

Here is the invitation link!

https://dsc.gg/teammuppet

• TeamMuppet coin 1

• Founders
26 minutes ago, PsiLoCybe said:

that would be awesome! Thanks mate! Maybe we can discuss this on dischord so you can explain to me details?

PM sent, server set up and running with private password and all maps, bots, etc installed.

• Like 1