Dirty talk in public chat

Hello admins,

Not sure what the general opinion is on this, but there were some players discussing [censored], alcohol, drugs, etc. in the public chat.

If you look in the logs for the Aldernest map played on Beginners approx. 1:20 EST 3/6/2021, you will note LZ Smoke and LZ Odyessa engaged in this conversation for most of the map.

I feel that if this is what someone wants to do, they should do it via PM, and be a spectator - don't take up a slot and hardly play. 

side note - the LZ tag we have is not a clan tag, so no forums available there...

So is your issue the topics of conversation or that they were having a conversation in general? The topics are whatever but I agree it does get annoying if some people in your team are in fact not playing and put your team at a disadvantage.

Edited by Sebast1an

17 hours ago, LZnutzNboltz said:

...you will note LZ Smoke and LZ Odyessa engaged in this conversation for most of the map.

side note - the LZ tag we have is not a clan tag, so no forums available there...

Just for my info - you have LZ tag and they have sort of LZ tag .. can you just open up bit more what is up with that tag? I see LZ, LZ*, L/Z .. are you friends with them or not?

• Nitmod Admin

I haven't been on the server in a couple of days because of my midterms so I don't know what you're talking about. The taking a slot part I find funny because most of the time there are 4-5 actual players on a team and if a player doesn't play, a bot takes its place. More or less of the time the bot stands in his place and is utterly useless. So I don't think that guy talking and chatting will cause an "imbalance" in the game.

Also, are these people not part of your "clan" ?? xD You must have a discord or something to talk to each other. 

I still don't get the logic behind putting on the same tags and not knowing who your fellow "members" are. It's like running a store and saying "whoever wears a red shirt works here" no name tag no nothing, just wear a red shirt. Makes no sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay, my antivirus marked this page "Dangerous"

On 3/7/2021 at 1:14 AM, Sebast1an said:

So is your issue the topics of conversation or that they were having a conversation in general? The topics are whatever but I agree it does get annoying if some people in your team are in fact not playing and put your team at a disadvantage.

Mostly just wondering what the opinion of such is here. I don't really like it, but if admins are OK with it then no problem.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:31 AM, Ctrz said:

Just for my info - you have LZ tag and they have sort of LZ tag .. can you just open up bit more what is up with that tag? I see LZ, LZ*, L/Z .. are you friends with them or not?

The L/Z tag (and variations) was pretty much invented for decoration. Its kind of like labeling that we are just there for some fun, not really interested in anything official. I don't know much about the other people that use the tag (except my bro), nor do we use discord, so...

If I joined a clan, I'd probably leave it there after the clan tag.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:01 AM, StaR said:

I haven't been on the server in a couple of days because of my midterms so I don't know what you're talking about. The taking a slot part I find funny because most of the time there are 4-5 actual players on a team and if a player doesn't play, a bot takes its place. More or less of the time the bot stands in his place and is utterly useless. So I don't think that guy talking and chatting will cause an "imbalance" in the game.

Also, are these people not part of your "clan" ?? xD You must have a discord or something to talk to each other. 

I still don't get the logic behind putting on the same tags and not knowing who your fellow "members" are. It's like running a store and saying "whoever wears a red shirt works here" no name tag no nothing, just wear a red shirt. Makes no sense.

Well he was pretty much parked in a remote corner. Not moving around much or making kills like I know he is good at :)

Got a few bots as they went past, but not much. You need all the help you can get if you play as Allies on that map against real people.

The tag is like wearing a shirt with an unusual color/pattern to a random store - I like the shirt, but I don't know the other guy there wearing the same thing.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:59 PM, LZnutzNboltz said:

Hello admins,

Not sure what the general opinion is on this, but there were some players discussing [censored], alcohol, drugs, etc. in the public chat.

If you look in the logs for the Aldernest map played on Beginners approx. 1:20 EST 3/6/2021, you will note LZ Smoke and LZ Odyessa engaged in this conversation for most of the map.

I feel that if this is what someone wants to do, they should do it via PM, and be a spectator - don't take up a slot and hardly play. 

You have to keep in mind that the most of us are above 25+

And the legacy server is just for having fun matches and making people feel at home.

Forcing rules that you cant talk about things that are apart of life. Would keep a gap in the communication between people. 

Insulting people or cursing at them with filthy words, is a different story.

1 hour ago, Visangle said:

You have to keep in mind that the most of us are above 25+

And the legacy server is just for having fun matches and making people feel at home.

Forcing rules that you cant talk about things that are apart of life. Would keep a gap in the communication between people. 

Insulting people or cursing at them with filthy words, is a different story.

All the visitors of our servers have to follow our rules and if they not, then they will be asked for to that or punished. Servers have to be a friendly place and if someone is talking 'over the red line' then admins/members have to remind him what is acceptable and what is not. Common sense is the key. In a friendly talk/fun even a bad word can be tolerated but there are same limits. If it's disturbing or insulting then members/admins have to act... just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Eagle_cz said:

All the visitors of our servers have to follow our rules and if they not, then they will be asked for to that or punished. Servers have to be a friendly place and if someone is talking 'over the red line' then admins/members have to remind him what is acceptable and what is not. Common sense is the key. In a friendly talk/fun even a bad word can be tolerated but there are same limits. If it's disturbing or insulting then members/admins have to act... just my 2 cents.

+1

6 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

He stated that people were talking about drugs, and alcohol. There has been a thousand times that these conversations about drugs and some more vile stuff in life were made. I stated in my previous response ''Forcing rules that you cant talk about things that are apart of life. Would keep a gap in the communication between people.'' '' I don't see the correlation in-between that and insulting someone and saying disturbing stuff? 

6 hours ago, Visangle said:

He stated that people were talking about drugs, and alcohol. There has been a thousand times that these conversations about drugs and some more vile stuff in life were made. I stated in my previous response ''Forcing rules that you cant talk about things that are apart of life. Would keep a gap in the communication between people.'' '' I don't see the correlation in-between that and insulting someone and saying disturbing stuff? 

i'm sorry if my speech isn't clear. I'm telling that when someone will use sentence like:
"i need another glass of wine" = no problem
"are u drunk, you n**b" = it's problem
...common sense .. we are and have to be open minded, but if someone will balance on the edge, probably one day will fall down. I have problem with that kind of ppl and same with members who are not able to keep order on the server / friendly place for most of players.

• Like 2

We are trying to keep order on our servers, but that does not mean that we have to react nervously to every single curse, teamkill or other missbehavior. Much depends on the context, exact player and the reactions that he causes on the server. However, enough is enough and then use some cmds. As  Birdie said, it's all about common sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

i'm sorry if my speech isn't clear. I'm telling that when someone will use sentence like:
"i need another glass of wine" = no problem
"are u drunk, you n**b" = it's problem
...common sense .. we are and have to be open minded, but if someone will balance on the edge, probably one day will fall down. I have problem with that kind of ppl and same with members who are not able to keep order on the server / friendly place for most of players.

Yeah indeed everything in an attempt to point an insult to someone, he has to warned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Matu locked this topic