latency on ETL2

Hello,

for a few days now, I have about 180ms latency on ETL2 server.

ping / mtr does not show this latency to  46.4.80.110 (about 40ms).

is there something wrong with the server ?

Hello Rico,

I have the same issue on ETL2 server, some days ping is around 180-200 whereas it is usually 48.

After looking around and dicussing with other frenchies on the server, it looks like to affect only Orange France subscribers. The other frenchs using other ISP such as SFR or Bouygues do not have such issue. So basically there's nothing wrong with the server but more on Orange France ISP's routing at the moment. Hope they will fix it soon!

• Like 1

I have an issue with Telefonica since a few days. Packets hop from Berlin to Spain, from Spain to the US(!), then back to France. A lot gets lost on its way. ESL 1 server though. But maybe related(?). Fwiw: Could be related to https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-ovh-fire-idUSKBN2B20NU

Edited by Oldman

On 4/4/2021 at 1:23 AM, Flo said:

Hello Rico,

I have the same issue on ETL2 server, some days ping is around 180-200 whereas it is usually 48.

After looking around and dicussing with other frenchies on the server, it looks like to affect only Orange France subscribers. The other frenchs using other ISP such as SFR or Bouygues do not have such issue. So basically there's nothing wrong with the server but more on Orange France ISP's routing at the moment. Hope they will fix it soon!

Routing os Orange -> Level3 -> hetzner.

seems OK in ICMP, TMP and UDP for now. I'll make further tests if problem occurs again, and ask my contacts if there's somthing wrong on orange or level3 side. (I work for an ISP, that's my job...)

nothing related to OVH

Here's my traceroute on my side, when issue is present, which is now more and more present, almost everydays:

image.png.113e75444098aaf37f5a909bf127f82f.png

I don't know where this 62.67.27.6 IP is located (whois command was useless in that case :(), but it's sure the root cause of the issue we're having here is there.

I still have the issue, and now it's permanent.

By the way, I just found a way to overpass it, by using a VPN software. It changes the routing path and do not go through this laggy IP address anymore and I get back my normal ping.

Just tried with a random VPN software, which is free for 5 days, and see the results:

image.thumb.png.7635a3ec6691b48f2de1b216785c7934.png

Now I'll try to find a good VPN service, maybe NordVPN? Will see.

Hope it helps other frenchies around