Engine

• Random crashes that were caused by non ascii characters

Client

Server

Renderer

• Fixed screenshots and video recording getting double gamma

Mod

• Demo listing in the UI supports subfolders
  • Auto demos and screenshots are now placed in subfolders based on the year and month
  • Fixed some translations getting nuked
  • Reworked HUD blood effects
  • Added directional damage
  • Added cg_bloodFlashTime
  • Fixed LogExit possibly triggered twice with adverse effects (such as Prestige points autocollected)
  • Fixed adrenaline animation

Lua

• Updated to Lua lib 5.4.3

To turn off the new feature you need to do cg_drawEnvAwareness 0

• Thanks 2

On 4/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, MiniMuppet said:

To turn off the new feature you need to do cg_drawEnvAwareness 0

How is this supposed to work? All I saw was just random revive-icons through walls and it honestly was very confusing.

Edited by Sebast1an

• Founders
1 hour ago, Sebast1an said:

How is this supposed to work? All I saw was just random revive-icons through walls and it honestly was very confusing.

Is it still doing it? It's meant to stop you seeing them.

10 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

Is it still doing it? It's meant to stop you seeing them.

Well, I used it for 5 minutes until someone told me the command to disable it all together. But when I tried it, all I saw was random revive icons through walls and couldn't figure it out.

E: It still shows random icons through walls and whatever. And not just revive icons, for example objective and 'asking for health'-cross as well. Probably others too, I just tried it for 5 mins with the bots.

Edited by Sebast1an
  • Like 1

Might just be me, but I think that cvar is a great addition for public play - makes you spot teammates who need help through walls.
If you are not directly looking at them the icons are placed in a wide circle around your crosshair - so you never lose track of what's going on around you.
It also shows you where the obj carrier is going, so you don't have to look for them via the ingame map :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, m00f said:

Might just be me, but I think that cvar is a great addition for public play - makes you spot teammates who need help through walls.
If you are not directly looking at them the icons are placed in a wide circle around your crosshair - so you never lose track of what's going on around you.
It also shows you where the obj carrier is going, so you don't have to look for them via the ingame map :)

I can understand that as an accessibility thing, but most of the functionality you describe is already there with sound and the compass map. 

The Environmental Awareness icons were really distracting because they aren't very precise and conflicted with where my ears think the person is (which is usually more correct). Several times the icons made me think a person was the other side of a wall, when they were further inside, to the left or right of where the icon suggested. I can see how it might help the hard of hearing though. And people who become almost entirely unaware of their surroundings when playing medic. 😄

1 hour ago, StarScream said:

I can understand that as an accessibility thing, but most of the functionality you describe is already there with sound and the compass map. 

The Environmental Awareness icons were really distracting because they aren't very precise and conflicted with where my ears think the person is (which is usually more correct). Several times the icons made me think a person was the other side of a wall, when they were further inside, to the left or right of where the icon suggested. I can see how it might help the hard of hearing though. And people who become almost entirely unaware of their surroundings when playing medic. 😄

Checking the compass takes your focus away from the center of the screen tho which can lead to otherwise avoidable deaths :P

2 minutes ago, m00f said:

Checking the compass takes your focus away from the center of the screen tho which can lead to otherwise avoidable deaths :P

Ah you are used to seeing people through walls anyways :D . (okay, joke)

I dont mind the setting as it can be turned off if player doesnt like it. :) 

On 4/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, m00f said:

I find it's enough in my peripheral vision that I don't really have to actively look at it to know roughly what direction an alert is. 

Also, because I rifle nade so much, my attention is all over the screen - where I'm aiming and what I'm aiming at can be two very different things. Sticking to the centre of the screen is for you hit-scanners :P