Warning system

Hi,

I have a suggestion to revamp the current warning system. Right now when people get warned for anything, mainly spawnkilling, it takes 4 warnings in a single map to face any kind of consequenses. In this case getting kicked. This makes it very easy to abuse the system by spawnkilling, getting warned once or twice and then stopping before getting kicked. Repeat on the next map or whenever it suits their team again. Today I learned the warnings are stored in some sort of history so I thought of this idea:

Start counting the warnings by map, by day and by week and place punishments accordingly. For example:

3 warnings in a map -> kick

5 warnings in 24h period -> 1d ban

7 warnings in a week -> 3d ban

10 warnings in a week -> 1w ban

Didn't spend much time thinking of proper amounts but you get the idea. What do you think?

In my opinion it's not very difficult to play without warnings so this shouldn't affect active players that much. I just see the same people get warned over the same things over and over, abusing the system because it's so easy. At least this way the regular spawnkillers would have to watch it if they don't want to get banned. :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dragonkiss said:

I can understand the problem but who’s gonna keep track of who got what warning and ban.... kindah hard to do without an decent administration me thinks. 

Warnings are already stored in history so it's just a matter of code. No one has to do anything more or less than right now once it's added...

• Like 1

Sebastian,

Most of the times there is an admin, and we ALWAYS look in the PlayerIDHistory. When people keep messing around we will use Kick and ban sooner than with other players.

So the warning do have greater consequences than you write / think, it build the logs.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jessica said:

Sebastian,

Most of the times there is an admin, and we ALWAYS look in the PlayerIDHistory. When people keep messing around we will use Kick and ban sooner than with other players.

So the warning do have greater consequences than you write / think, it build the logs.

Well with that in mind (which I didn’t knew 🙈) it shouldn’t be too hard to do. 

11 hours ago, Jessica said:

Sebastian,

Ok, fair enough. So you think there's no need for anything like this to be added?

in some ways this make sense to me but also i have to agree with jessica - hard to say if we really need this...

btw. another question is what we will do when mistake will happen and someone will be warned by mistake - there is no !dewarn command and so ...

Imo we need to think about that and talk about another consequences :) ...going to say that we have to discuss these things in the admin team and we will come back with decision or another solution for discussion.

Thanks for your inputs!

3 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

btw. another question is what we will do when mistake will happen and someone will be warned by mistake - there is no !dewarn command and so ...

Fair point. I would consider this and set the thresholds high enough so that 1-2 false warnings would not make a difference without substantial player input. For example if there's 5 warnings needed for a ban and you'll get mistakenly warned twice, you'd still have to get 3 warnings of your own for a ban to happen. So I don't really see it as an issue. But as Stumpel pointed out, what's to stop you from adding a !dewarn command? As you stated mistakes happen and that would be a good addition to the current system as well in my opinion.

Also agree with Ande, 4 warnings per map is quite generous. However, sometimes two admins warn the same person at the same time which is why I'd lower it down to 3 instead of 2.

Edited by Sebast1an

2 hours ago, Ande said:

Firstly 4 warnings is way too much. imo it can be 2warnings and you are kicked. 

The problem with that is that there could be more than 1 member giving out a warning for the same verdict.

For example if a player throws a grenade into enemy spawn once, it can happen that 2 or even more members warn him/her for that at the same time, which would result in an immediate kick.

A dewarn command could be helpful in that case.

Edited by 0wN1x

11 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

Warned myself the other day ahem

How to look like a complete idiot when dealing with a troll haha

19 hours ago, 0wN1x said:

The problem with that is that there could be more than 1 member giving out a warning for the same verdict.

Or reduce warn to 1 per minute? All the warns within one minute (or 30 sec, whatever)  count as one warn. If someone still causes problems during this minute, he simply gets kicked. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ande said:

Firstly 4 warnings is way too much. imo it can be 2warnings and you are kicked. 

I totally agree with @Ande, 4th warning kick system is too long depending how long we have to watch the misbehavin players.(Depends too the time between warns, if the time between them are long the map ends before the 4th warn has typed). I suggest rether like PM and then warning (why 2nd warning, it to give chance to play if accidentally 2 TM's type !warn same time) and then kick if still continues.. But because we cant know is that section PM went already by other member, so 2 warnings system might work good too..

Edited by Stumpel