Caen2 Spawntimes

Hello there!
I'd suggest increasing the spawn times on caen2 a little bit.
I don't know the statistics for the map, but I'm guessing the map is heavily in favor of the allied team.
As I see it the main problem is that it's extremely hard to push first spawn or obj as it feels like allies are constantly respawning with almost no delay - wiping a defensive position doesn't feel like it contributes much to your team advancing.
I love the map and I think it's great, but I feel like more often than not it comes down to a 20 minute stalemate on ETL1 whenever it is played.
What do you guys think? Cheers

Hello,

The main problem I see it's that it is impossible to push because of arty and nade spam (from both teams) so I would suggest to increase time between airstrikes and arty.

For the spawntimes, I'd suggest 10-18 or 12-20 in first part, and once flag is secured change it back again to 12-18 or whatever you think it's okay.

I also add here a mapscript file that fixes the sounds (flag captured, tank repaired etc). Basically the one who made caen2 changed the 'shortcuts'  inside mapscript file (maps/caen2.script) but not the link to sounds in sound/scripts/caen2.sounds.

It should work but I have no way to test it atm :)

caen2.script

• Founders

Hi, thank for your suggestions, there obviously is a need to adjust the spawn times, I have increased the spawn time on the allies to 20 seconds with immediate effect.

Regarding the script, we already run a script for Caen2 with the additions below:

Anti covertop rush -> obj door changed
house roof fix, window jump block and better mg clipping
mg clipping exploit fix by mortis the wise Mar 5 2006
merge Ragnar's pillar exploit clip brushes and trigger_hurt combo Mar 5 2006

EAGLE_CZ: the gate can be destroyed by satchel after first recreate.

Do you know which lines require editing as per your script without searching the entire script?

39 minutes ago, _Ler said:

Hello,

The main problem I see it's that it is impossible to push because of arty and nade spam (from both teams) so I would suggest to increase time between airstrikes and arty.

For the spawntimes, I'd suggest 10-18 or 12-20 in first part, and once flag is secured change it back again to 12-18 or whatever you think it's okay.

I also add here a mapscript file that fixes the sounds (flag captured, tank repaired etc). Basically the one who made caen2 changed the 'shortcuts'  inside mapscript file (maps/caen2.script) but not the link to sounds in sound/scripts/caen2.sounds.

It should work but I have no way to test it atm :)

caen2.script 41.51 kB · 1 download

you are a LEGEND

Do you know which lines require editing as per your script without searching the entire script?

Yes, just find "caen2_" and replace by "caen_" and it will be solved.

Example:

wm_addteamvoiceannounce 0 "caen2_axis_city_capture"
wm_addteamvoiceannounce 0 "caen2_axis_tank_steal"

Replace by 

wm_addteamvoiceannounce 0 "caen_axis_city_capture"
wm_addteamvoiceannounce 0 "caen_axis_tank_steal"

There are 23 matches in the whole file.

Edited by _Ler

• 5 months later...

Fighting 20mins over a flag feels too long and gets very boring for axis. Would it be possible to change time limit to 15min and create time bonuses for objectives (+3) - (+5) min starting tank, (+3) - (+5) reaching wall (If it is necessary). So if it is a nightmare for axis  the map will end sooner: if its more balanced it will continue longer

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, uips said:

Fighting 20mins over a flag feels too long and gets very boring for axis. Would it be possible to change time limit to 15min and create time bonuses for objectives (+3) - (+5) min starting tank, (+3) - (+5) reaching wall (If it is necessary). So if it is a nightmare for axis  the map will end sooner: if its more balanced it will continue longer

Implementing this idea would be smart for some other maps as well. Venice comes to mind but also others where you can easily get stuck on the first part of the map.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dmxj said:

Working on this one @Sebast1an -  @uips give us some extra time.

• Caen2 
  • Venice
  • Glider
  • Any other map script suggestions?

@Matu is busy at work, he will update it when everything is ready!

Some maps to consider as well:

- Pirates

- Supply

- Bremen

- Dingenskirchen

- Fuel dump

Caen mapscript:

Maptime: 15minutes

• +5 minutes when stealing tank
  • +5 minutes when breaching the wall
    = Total map maxtime 25min

Glider mapscript:

Maptime: 20minutes

• +5 minutes making allied CP
  • +10 minutes destroying Generator
  • = Total map maximum time 35min

More info will follow

Edited by Dmxj
  • Thanks 1

Venice mapscript:
Maptime 25 to 20minutes

• + 5 minutes capturing the outpost
  • +5 minutes destroying the Library doors
    = Total maximum time : 30minutes

Erdenberg mapscript:
Maptime 15 to 12minutes

• + 3 minutes destroying main gate 
  • + 3 minutes destroying the west flak88
    = Total maximum time : 21minutes
Edited by Dmxj

19 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Caen mapscript:

Maptime: 15minutes

• +5 minutes when stealing tank
  • +5 minutes when breaching the wall
    = Total map time 20min

Your math might be a little off there mate. :)

Also I wouldn't change Venice to 30 minutes from the current 25. More often than not Allies get stuck after destroying the doors and 5mins extra won't make a difference in my opinion.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:48 PM, Sebast1an said:

Also I wouldn't change Venice to 30 minutes from the current 25. More often than not Allies get stuck after destroying the doors and 5mins extra won't make a difference in my opinion.

Same for Caen and possibly others as well. Should keep the old time limits and just adjust the time boosts accordingly.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, Matu said:

agree.It was bit long.Also @Mister J had something to say about spawntimes?

Yeh they are set to Axis 16 and Allies 12. I recall them being different before, but not sure. Anyone else knows what the spawn times should be for Venice? I thought Axis at least 20 seconds.  

i think it would be even better to use time remaining as variable when considering time bonus. For example u have 3min left and u start tank in caen, you get +5min time bonus for next objective (8min total time for next phase). Now if u have 12min left and start the tank, there is no time bonus because you still have 12min left for next objective. (12min total time for next phase). This would eliminate stacks of time when maps are rushed, since there is still possibility of getting stuck in last phase.

7 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Same for Caen and possibly others as well. Should keep the old time limits and just adjust the time boosts accordingly.

Time is updated: (Venice)

Stage 1: 15min
+5 after allies took over outpost
+5 after breaking the library doors.
Total : 25min 
If part 1 is to hard for allies because of bad teams the game will end sooner and go to the next map

On 12/10/2021 at 2:57 PM, Dmxj said:

Venice mapscript:
Maptime 25 to 20minutes

• + 5 minutes capturing the outpost
  • +5 minutes destroying the Library doors
    = Total maximum time : 30minutes

Erdenberg mapscript:
Maptime 15 to 12minutes

• + 3 minutes destroying main gate 
  • + 3 minutes destroying the west flak88
    = Total maximum time : 21minutes

You should change Erdenberg back to 15 or whatever it was before. Current 21 is waay too long for a map that can be finished in 2.

• 1 month later...

Allied respawn time is 16secs right now. Was it not made higher to make it easier for axis to capture flag? Or is it changed back to 16 on purpose. 

First part of the map has very limited access over whole are and gets easily very boring and always is harder for axis. 20vs20 games map has a lot more to offer if flag is not the biggest milestone.   I think most of the games Axis should be able to get the flag for game to be balanced and fun, not the other way around. (Imagine being stuck on flag capture at Special Delivery map).

I would even consider 12min+5min+5min (+allied respawn at least 18sec). If it really is hell for axis i think its ok after 12mins to go for next map.

Now about the gate part an idea or suggestion to mappers. Its often spam satchel and repair over and over situation. I think it would be good idea to give axis the access to the construction site as well in form of MG nest or just sandbags  to aid axis + the gate cant be constructed back that fast, need to satchel up the axis construction before the gate can be rebuilt. It should make the axis part easier and have more involvement of engineers form axis part and give a objective for covert ops as allies.