hettoo

Hi everyone,

I've been around the servers for several weeks now, and thought I should probably say hi here. I used to play on etpub servers about 15 years ago when I just started high school. After that at some point I played a game called Warsow and did some development for it and in particular its Racesow mod (think timed competitive trickjumping), but I quit once I moved from the Dutch countryside to London. I decided to casually play some ET recently, and it's been quite nice for a bit of distraction.

I think my aim has been getting better since I started again, but what I like most of all is to jump around the maps. Maybe if there is some interest I could post on these forums a few demos/videos on nice hiding spots to get to.

If anyone cares about this in real life I research theoretical computer science, and I like art films and exploring parks and pretty much anything that happens in the city.

Thanks for reading and see you around! :)

• Like 4
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

Hey there Hettoo! Nice to see you here on our forums, our discord is a lot more active so I'd recommend you to also join us there for some nice chats

35 minutes ago, hettoo said:

I moved from the Dutch countryside to London.

Tell me more, are you born a Dutchman or did you live here temporarily and go back to the UK?

Btw the offer still stands :P https://teammuppet.com/home/forums/forum/177-tm-recruitment/

Welcome to the forums!

4 hours ago, hettoo said:

If anyone cares about this in real life I research theoretical computer science,:)

That - along with complex systems theory - is an interest of mine, but I fear my mathematical skills will never be sufficient for a deep understanding. What aspect are you researching? It's a pretty broad field!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

4 hours ago, Bomba said:

Tell me more, are you born a Dutchman or did you live here temporarily and go back to the UK?

Btw the offer still stands :P https://teammuppet.com/home/forums/forum/177-tm-recruitment/

I am Dutch; I moved here for my PhD and then have been staying for the past year as well as a postdoc.

Haha thanks :) who knows, one day ;)

29 minutes ago, Mister J said:

Welcome Hettoo! Super interested in how you reach the balcony in the pirates map! 

That's one of the ones I wanted to share. I'll just attach a demo to this post for now. I found this after CAROTAL3 showed me how to do the first part with help of a teammate. The one person alternative route I found is a little tricky, but not too hard if you practice a bit. The key is that the little roofed window thingy has a roof covering a slightly smaller area than the bottom ledge, so if you jump against that roof your position clips in such a way you'll be able to make the next jump on the ledge. You'll want to switch strafe at that point, but only after having jumped the ledge.

12 minutes ago, StarScream said:

Welcome to the forums!

That - along with complex systems theory - is an interest of mine, but I fear my mathematical skills will never be sufficient for a deep understanding. What aspect are you researching? It's a pretty broad field!

Cool, I'm doing automata theory and specifically automatically inferring an automaton describing the behaviour of a system by interacting with it. Even more specifically, I use category theory to transfer algorithms/results between settings of different types of automata. Lots of abstract algebra.

pirates-balcony.dm_84

• Like 1

• Founders
17 hours ago, hettoo said:

That's one of the ones I wanted to share. I'll just attach a demo to this post for now. I found this after CAROTAL3 showed me how to do the first part with help of a teammate. The one person alternative route I found is a little tricky, but not too hard if you practice a bit. The key is that the little roofed window thingy has a roof covering a slightly smaller area than the bottom ledge, so if you jump against that roof your position clips in such a way you'll be able to make the next jump on the ledge. You'll want to switch strafe at that point, but only after having jumped the ledge.

pirates-balcony.dm_84 211.66 kB · 6 downloads

• Thanks 1