Anti hax & game improvements...

Hello everyone, an idea occurred to me but its probably not plausible because it requires some effort from the game developers so I'm writing here so they can see it ( if they read the forum :)), maybe they will make it happen one day, but also would like to hear other people opinions.

Lets just face it there will never be any anti-hax system for this game, so how is everything being handled right now and in the future... Spectating suspicious activity! Then maybe the ideal solution would be to make game demos available to everyone at any time. But... here is where we need the devs, because right now when you record a game you only get a view of a single player that you are spectating which is not so good, ideally would be if there is a way that recorded games can capture all the player's views. Server would just record every game and make it available to download on this site if anyone wants to view. This way there will always be an option for everyone to view any moment and share with others.

Also I have noticed there is just too many spectators all the time because they are watching some top player's how they play because they just want to learn or just see their skill in action. If the above suggestion would be possible they wont need to sit in spec mode but play instead. (They can always re-watch the demos later)

Also because I know the above suggestion is to much to be implemented any time soon, here is another suggestion ( its still close to impossible :D but it does not involve the game devs ), from what i could see there is always a couple of bots in spectator mode, can we use this in a way that they can stream their view to twitch or youtube ? Lets say they would always follow the player with the highest rating in the game and broadcast that players game live.. so one bot would stream the top axis player and the other the top allies player. This would maybe raise interest from other people that might want to try the game or just spark interest from old player that have long forgot about this game.

Server-side demo functionality is already implemented (demo_record, demo_stop, demo_play commands). When playing such demos you can spectate any player.

It would be cool to have the servers automatically make these recordings and publish them somewhere.

Automatic server recording sounds good idea, because then botter who has bot which tells who is watching at that player cant know that its auto-rec alltime.. Doesnt matter who it is.. But it would be big source of useless demos then if all goes alltime recorded.. It needs atleast some guys to keep those records in order and to add them to clean ones and dirty ones.. And if going too much records then remove the oldest clean ones..

I would suggest automatically deleting the demos from over say 48 hours ago. I think people would appreciate the functionality also for other reasons... occasionally someone notes something funny happened but they weren't recording a demo and so can't look back on it.

• Like 1

• Founders
1 hour ago, hettoo said:

Server-side demo functionality is already implemented (demo_record, demo_stop, demo_play commands).

We have recorded some of these in the past but there is an issues on playback.

@RaFaL Any update on the server side demo feature? 

Ah, so if I understand correctly what's going on in this video the server can playback a demo and clients can connect to watch it together (but it's buggy)? What I had in mind was that the demo files would become visible somewhere on the website for instance and people could download them and watch locally by themselves. Does that have the same issues? When I did a little test earlier it seemed to work fine. The only thing that was weird was that I was watching as a spectator with the same name as the player I was in the demo, which gave some funny warning messages.

Don’t know if it still exists but in my time we could extract and screenshot from the players computer showing exactly what they saw (yes everything on screen when collecting that image). Don’t know if that stil exist or even is legal. But if someone was using an wh you saw it. 

1 hour ago, Dragonkiss said:

Don’t know if it still exists but in my time we could extract and screenshot from the players computer showing exactly what they saw (yes everything on screen when collecting that image). Don’t know if that stil exist or even is legal. But if someone was using an wh you saw it. 

You can on nitmod, is it NxAC they have? The clan I'm in have it, we can log in to see screenshots taken with !ss or /whatever

8 hours ago, hettoo said:

I would suggest automatically deleting the demos from over say 48 hours ago. I think people would appreciate the functionality also for other reasons... occasionally someone notes something funny happened but they weren't recording a demo and so can't look back on it.

This would be perfect

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, MrMuppet said:

We have recorded some of these in the past but there is an issues on playback.

@RaFaL Any update on the server side demo feature? 

@MrMuppetThere has been some improvements on this one but some of them has not been merged yet.

Moreover there is a ticket that can suite this topic more than just server demos itself.