Hello,

iam playing from time to time on the beginner Server, which normaly a cool Server, but since you guys have changed the diff from the bots its kinda no fun anymore.

I have to focus more and the Bots than on the Players - cause some off the Bots are just aimlock through everyting its kinda no fun, even Goldinger everytime he comes to Server turns off the bots.

What also kinda ruins the Gameplay in my oppinion is there are now 12 Bots which is alot and the teams are often very unfair, cause  the Lua for the Team Balance will not count out the bots. 

Greetings 

• Founders

We haven't change the difficulty of the bots they are the same as they have always been. We were asked to make the bots 6v6 but i understand the balance as this happen on all servers. If you see Goldfinger on the server maybe talk to him so he can get feed back from other players so we can see if other prefer 5v5 or 6v6 or see if other people will visit the forums to give feed back.

Does it make a big difference?? Dont think so, one bot more to play with and one mnore to play against. !? Problem is , members/players seem to have something against Nitmod, why, I dont know. If members would visit more on a regular base, maybe it would attract more guests/players and the BOT issue is gone. I personally dont like servers with loads of people playing, I would be laying more on the ground then playing. I played a couple of years in another clan purely and alone on a Nitmod server and was able to get more players on a regular base and even get more members for the clan.  But that is behind me now. Y tru the same here, but it seems to be a lot more difficult because members seem to avoid the Nitmod server.

8 minutes ago, Darky1951 said:

Does it make a big difference?? Dont think so, one bot more to play with and one mnore to play against. !? Problem is , members/players seem to have something against Nitmod, why, I dont know. If members would visit more on a regular base, maybe it would attract more guests/players and the BOT issue is gone. I personally dont like servers with loads of people playing, I would be laying more on the ground then playing. I played a couple of years in another clan purely and alone on a Nitmod server and was able to get more players on a regular base and even get more members for the clan.  But that is behind me now. Y tru the same here, but it seems to be a lot more difficult because members seem to avoid the Nitmod server.

I doubt people have much against nitmod but the main "issue" is that it is supposed to be beginner server.

If played laid back and easy then people get bored easily. If regular players will play more agressively then usually I have much higher K/D than regular beginners in that server. 

Also there are people who dont like the tripmines or throwable knives or fast fire for example. :) 

I know what you mean, on the BG server we have sometimes to deal with so called Rambo medics. Mostly they just like to frag and dont care about anything else. But at hte other hand , I see it as a good practice and maybe TM should change the name of the server.?

My last clan we dealed with the issue by  making the inteval with the healthpackages bigger, so Rambo medics had to deal with waiting longer to get full health, but the disadvantage is, "normal"medics have to deal with it also.

But ..........it is hard to please everybody, different cuktures, different characters and personalities.  But  we get a regular base of guests that like to play and makes it more comfortable.  I  like this clan and the members and am a laid back player and objective player. If we accept certain disadvantages with Nitmod, it is a nice server to play on.!

1 hour ago, Darky1951 said:

I know what you mean, on the BG server we have sometimes to deal with so called Rambo medics. Mostly they just like to frag and dont care about anything else.

Playing rambo medic and holding of positions is a strategy in ET. Same as emptying areas with panzer or airstrike/arty.

1 hour ago, Darky1951 said:

..and maybe TM should change the name of the server.?

To what? What is your suggestion :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

thank you for the changes you have made so far for the bots.

But it has not changed that much for the gameplay yet, the bots sometimes aimlocking so hard that u have as a good player no chance killing them.

Either they use the Panzer shooting into spawnareas or using Motar and shooting on ur head whereever u stand, well i know iam complaining hard, iam just not happy.

Could maybe prohibit for the bots to use any kind off Heavy Weapons, and also do u guys think it would be possible for the players to Vote them off ?

Kind regards

Edited by Grimnir

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Flusch3l said:

apperantly nobody gives a ****

Well how low can we go? They are already level 2 if im correct - if you go lower, then they will basically just stand in one place or dont shoot back at all.

Dont take it personally, but they are beatable at the moment to most people with playing pistol only - so if you have trouble with normal weapons, then just keep working on getting better and like in all crafts in life - skill will only increase when faced with challenge.

Otherwise people will log in and there is no hope.

Well, since i have NEVER seen u on this Server how can u even know what iam talking about?

The problem is not the level but the fact that these bots as soon they "See" you shooting thorugh everything, i think it has nothing to do with my "skill" cause iam a decent player - but the other Players who are might not as good as iam, have very often problem passing these bots. Ill make a Video too show you from what iam talking about!!

Even a lovest lvl bots kills you pretty good if you are on a open ground and standing still.I have played there,when they were higher lvl and wasnt hard.Just incase il stop by tomorrow but i still believe you must spec someone good player a bit and see,how do deal with them and learn bots acting.Sadly,theres not more humanlike bots invented,so we cant do much.

But to change heavyweapon class to something else is reasonable,and i check if thats doable.

• Founders
8 minutes ago, Matu said:

Even a lovest lvl bots kills you pretty good if you are on a open ground and standing still.I have played there,when they were higher lvl and wasnt hard.Just incase il stop by tomorrow but i still believe you must spec someone good player a bit and see,how do deal with them and learn bots acting.Sadly,theres not more humanlike bots invented,so we cant do much.

But to change heavyweapon class to something else is reasonable,and i check if thats doable.

I have made some changes see if they work or not. I have tried to removed the solder class from them not sure if it work or not though. let me know.

• Thanks 1

Dude, you finished last map with 32 kills while 4 remaining bots got 1, 6, 7 and 7 kills. Bots barely stay alive while you top frag your team. You're not even the struggling player you portrait yourself to be. What I saw in server today with 3-4 maps I played, the bots are mostly running around, barely shooting or doing anything useful and people in server dominate them.

Last Bremen map

human players:
Kl00ster - 20/14
Fluschel - 32/13
lazyturtle - 16/14
(OGC)*KALLE - 20/18
War|Geo - 24/14
me - 35/10

bots:
gonzo - 1/21
statler - 7/20
rizzo - 7/18
scooter - 6/19

I wouldnt say bots are overpowered in any way. Yes, they might get some odd kill here or there, but thats not even slightly dominating performance.

1 hour ago, Flusch3l said:

Well, since i have NEVER seen u on this Server how can u even know what iam talking about?

The problem is not the level but the fact that these bots as soon they "See" you shooting thorugh everything, i think it has nothing to do with my "skill" cause iam a decent player - but the other Players who are might not as good as iam, have very often problem passing these bots. Ill make a Video too show you from what iam talking about!!

I will wait the video that will show how hypergood the bots are and how impossible it is to win the game against them.

Well i never said its just because off me, i said " for those player are not as good as iam". And i also said it depends on the Map, sometimes the bot a chilling and sometimes ur barely can make a step foward without get the 3hs through the bush. You can ask Goldinger he even turns off the bots everyitme he comes to server for this reason.

8 minutes ago, Flusch3l said:

Well i never said its just because off me, i said " for those player are not as good as iam". And i also said it depends on the Map, sometimes the bot a chilling and sometimes ur barely can make a step foward without get the 3hs through the bush. You can ask Goldinger he even turns off the bots everyitme he comes to server for this reason.

he doesn't do that because the bots are too powerful but to have human vs human gameplay.

I will also personally dismiss the claim "The problem is not the level but the fact that these bots as soon they "See" you shooting thorugh everything" as I didn't experience this even once in these maps. Pretty sure 90% of my deaths were by players  and not bots. And I was in bremen constantly moving and not camping the corners where I would have even more advantages.

But I will wait the promised video.

The bots skill level setting is fine on that level 2, if its lower then its too low.. I'm not sure is there some other bot movement or bot IQ script.. That they shoot but they dont act stupid as they do in some map, example that map where gold have to take from cabin and make the button press machine in control room and then bring gold to truck.. The bot runs with gold totally wrong direction.. And some maps the bots just stand and dont do anything... They run some spot and start stand still like statue...

13 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

I have made some changes see if they work or not. I have tried to removed the solder class from them not sure if it work or not though. let me know.

Bots are really low so need for action.Bots soldier class still exists .

Edited by Matu
  • Like 1

To be honest bots gameplay is strange. In some maps they are like noobs, only fresh meat for players in other maps they sometimes behave like they have aimbot or something and killing in instance :D

Sometimes they have nearly 60% acc and more than 20% of hs ;) and this is not for 1 or 2 kills. Im not complaining about it but sometimes somethins is wrong with their algorithm, and they are playing like CRAZY