Keeping teams balanced

I noticed that once one team Is loosing players abbandon the team so the play became boring without any chance to change the result.

Is It possibile to penalize this behaviour? For example reducing SR when One player leaves the loosing team in the last 2 or 5 minutes?

Bintar

1 hour ago, Bintar said:

I noticed that once one team Is loosing players abbandon the team so the play became boring without any chance to change the result.

Is It possibile to penalize this behaviour? For example reducing SR when One player leaves the loosing team in the last 2 or 5 minutes?

Bintar

Hey.

Thats how life sometimes goes. People tend to escape from ship thats is sinking. It is very hard to judge who leaves team for what reason - do they leave because they dont like to lose, are they tired of game etc. I think penalizing leaving team at the end or at any time during game is not very reasonable .. as it is still just a game :) .

:hi:

I agree it's not reasonable to penalise.

If you stay and lose maybe you are better player? I had a very bad like 5 evenings where we (Axis 😬) lost every match over and over and I lost almost 8SR over those nights. It was pretty bad depressing feeling haha, but SR is just imaginary internet points, they do nothing for you in real life 😁

There could be more shuffle but the same things happens, certain players will just go spec or leave. I don't think you can really fix it just hope that TM members and some good players help to make it more fair and help the losing team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't think you can really fix it just hope that TM members and some good players help to make it more fair and help the losing team.

Nothing works better than whole community beeing vocal and invested in this matter. "Lets make and keep teams fair" should be also the values of players in dominating team. I've seen too many times when people are vocal when losing but silent and not caring when winning. If we ever get so far that both sides want to keep game fair and interesting then we can solve this issue. But it doesnt help if few voices say "teams are unfair" and others say or do nothing. 😕 

There has been too many times when members or admin face very negative feedback straight away after doing shuffle with very unfair teams. How long do you think that people have motivation to fight this uphill battle? Do something good but get verbally abused moments later?

Edited by Ctrz
|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
  • Like 1

• Founders

We have had many post about balancing team and its pretty impossible to keep teams fair and even all the time. People are people if we shuffled every map people would change team and then members will start having to warn people and so on. There is no easy solution to make thing any better. Our member also come to enjoy a game and not to have to manage people all the time I don't personally play much anymore due to lots of the issue of just having to spec and warn. kick and ban people it isn't no fun.

The issue wasn't about to balance teams but just to avoid the last boring minutes of a map where the result is predicted.

Obviously we can't keep shuffling, the proposal was just to add a bit of disadvantage in leaving  team mates dying alone.

Anyway I'll keep fighting 😄

• Like 2

• Founders
6 hours ago, Bintar said:

The issue wasn't about to balance teams but just to avoid the last boring minutes of a map where the result is predicted.

Obviously we can't keep shuffling, the proposal was just to add a bit of disadvantage in leaving  team mates dying alone.

Anyway I'll keep fighting 😄

well you can't force people to stay until the end and removing sr that most people don't care about won't effect anything I don't think :D 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, Ctrz said:

Nothing works better than whole community beeing vocal and invested in this matter. "Lets make and keep teams fair" should be also the values of players in dominating team. 

This! But it just doesn’t seem to work. When one is winning it’s all that matter. Still I think there should be more emphasis on teamwork and less on killskillz. I like the new Campaign server just for that, teamwork between medic and engy instead of rambomeds. But who knows, etmain could change I hope 🤗