Improved TM Menu 2.0

Updated ingame/main TM menu with fast connect to other TM servers, easy access to all rules and website.

This should make easier to swap servers from ingame in case of events etc.
Full list of rules readable in game. (People sometimes are confused and keep asking about rules)

Works best with Legacy client on legacy servers. Can be used as client side main menu upgrade, server side ingame menu upgrade or both.

You can try it by downloading _TM.pk3
LEGACY client - place it inside legacy folder in game directory (Default ETLegacy/legacy/...)
OLD client - put it in etmain folder if you use old client

(Works on old client too but all parts are not functioning correctly)

Just tried to make it work out of boredom. I saw something similar running on TM ETpub server

I think the community would benefit from this when running this as server side addon. Also leaving behind a TM "cookie" to whoever visits servers increases the chance of random visitor revisiting servers (TM menu in main menu when you open game, little advertisement).

If you people find use of it its possible to further improve or modify it as needed.

RULES.jpg

TM.jpg

_TM.pk3

• Like 5
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

Great job, i guess you've edited our old TM menu file we had allready on the forums right.

I'll test it on our legacy test server and if the admins are into it we could intigrate this into the server.

very first parts came from TM menu 3.0 from Duro,

Rules are from here: https://teammuppet.com/home/rules.html/

Most menu parts are updated/fitted with Legacy files, Tested and edited everything in legacy client There seem to be some little differences between old client coding and new legacy ones. When you connect to legacy server with old client it should work normally. Only issues i found was when u use Old client and run the game without any mods active Some parts of the TM menu in main menu dont work correctly.

If there has to be more info or less in the menus, everything should be customizable.

• 2 weeks later...

i will re-mention this to all members + admins,

an extra button with discord would be great, if u have some time can u change this otherweise i'll do

Time to make it happen!

Edited by Dmxj

Tested it and works great,

Only change i would make is to use subwindows for servers
If u now press on a server you directly join another server it's better to make a subwindow with do you want to join etl2 YES/NO and then connect.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dmxj said:

Tested it and works great,

Only change i would make is to use subwindows for servers
If u now press on a server you directly join another server it's better to make a subwindow with do you want to join etl2 YES/NO and then connect.

I like clicking the menu 3x to quickly join ETL1. But I understand your point.

We only want the menu to be server related. So no "ui" external updates.

We dont want it to let it force people to join TeamMuppet.

It should be only shown when you are in the server not when you are in main menu

right now it has TM button in main menu as well. It is duplication of the same ingame TM button in main menu. if u dont want any modificatiosn outside server (main menu) then you need to remove "ui/main.menu" from the .pk3

2 hours ago, Dmxj said:

We only want the menu to be server related. So no "ui" external updates.

We dont want it to let it force people to join TeamMuppet.

It should be only shown when you are in the server not when you are in main menu

On top of that, Legacy is made in such a way that any modification of the initial menu will be deleted/put to the initial state with the next launch of the game. 

By the way, amazing work uips :) Thanks a lot! I will try not to tk you so often in game :D 

ETlegacy seems to have cache for downloads in documents folder. And i guess it runs the mods from that cache folder then and once you are out of server they will be unloaded. If u connect to ETL2 and disconnect, you see original main menu. Now if u put that mode manually from cache folder to ur legacy directory, it will add the button into main menu.

Old client does not have cache. it downloads into mod directory, Now when u disconnect from server you will see the button in main menu. Or whenever you run the mod where the modification is placed.

So i guess no issue for legacy client, but if you use old client for some reason, there is higher chance you find the main menu button.

To eliminate the possibilities i suggest running it without "main.menu" as i uploaded above _TMingame.pk3

Just reuploaded both files to clarify the difference and keep latest versions in one post.

_TMmainmenu.pk3 - User edition. Adds TeamMuppet button into main menu.
This one is for Sebast1an, me and anyone else who wants the feature of Teammuppet button in main menu for fast "3 click quick join" to server or any other reason. Legacy client: Download and put it into "install directory/legacy "folder. (Old client: "install directory/etmain" + Legacy client recommended!)

_TMingamemenu.pk3 - Server edition. Adds TeamMuppet button into ingame menu.
This is the one you want to run on server. Does not involve any modifications to original main menu.

(The one currently on ETL2 is the same i reuploaded here, the latest). Legacy works as expected. Just in case tested with old client as well and did not find any issues. Original main menu will always be there since no physical file exists to modify it.

_TMmainmenu.pk3 _TMingamemenu.pk3

• Thanks 1

UI out of memory. Perhaps some limitations on other operating systems amount of lines or characters?  could someone with linux, mac, ubuntu try test files uploaded in this post. install mod manually and host a local game. Could further try remove parts one by one to see which is causing it if that is the case.

Heres link wiht similar problem: https://forum.grangerhub.com/t/update-on-volts-hud-and-grangerpub-issues/441

_test1.pk3 _test2.pk3 _test3.pk3

Edited by uips