Improved TM Menu 2.0

u can try all.

Test1 should be full pack should give the error,
Test2 has some parts removed, maybe overwrites something that has compatibility issues with other OS.
Test 3 has biggest menu removed RULES. (most lines)

Probably need to run on server and see if for example mac user can connect without errors.

If all give error then need to further trim down files to see what is exactly causing it

• 3 weeks later...

all of the test versions result in crash? i was betting most hope on test3 as it has the biggest menu option (RULES) removed if the error refers to some memory limitations. If that is so i could try make it even more into smaller parts to find out what exactly is causing the trouble. Im curios if the crash comes when its loaded from server side. What about for example mac user Hosting a local game with the menu mode active. Would that work or cause the same crash?. If it crashes too then no need to test on server, just need to get it running localy and then it should work on server too.

Edited by uips

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, uips said:

Anyone with OS other than windows willing to help? Could try load mod in local host to see if its causing errors as well.

I'm windows user, but the easiest way for You to test it, is to install ubuntu or other linux release in virtual machine on windows. This is the fastest way and you dont need anyone to help you with this problem ;)

• Founders
3 hours ago, lost said:

I'm windows user, but the easiest way for You to test it, is to install ubuntu or other linux release in virtual machine on windows. This is the fastest way and you dont need anyone to help you with this problem ;)

He also would like someone using Mac to try it.

• 2 weeks later...

i got the menu working in virtual machine running ubuntu. Issue seems to be releated to file "menus.txt". it contains lots of loadmenu lines. I deleted some other Loadmenu to make total number smaller and the TM menu part worked. It seems like once it exceeds certain amount of lines the game wont start. Need someone from legacy team to confirm it if that really is the problem or its something else. Is there something to do about it?

On 1/11/2022 at 11:12 AM, uips said:

Just reuploaded both files to clarify the difference and keep latest versions in one post.

_TMmainmenu.pk3 - User edition.

_TMingamemenu.pk3 - Server edition.

Hello

Thank you for your pk3.

_TMmainmenu.pk3  works fine for me (Ubuntu 20.04 - Et Legacy). Didn't test it yet with  ET 2.60b

But when I quit I see some errors that I don't have witout TMMainmenu :

0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc.menu, line 57: expected integer but found CV_SVF_SHUFFLETEAMSXP

0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc.menu, line 57: couldn't parse menu item keyword voteFlag
       0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc.menu, line 57: couldn't parse menu keyword itemDef
       0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc_refrcon.menu, line 56: expected integer but found CV_SVF_SHUFFLETEAMSXP

0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc_refrcon.menu, line 56: couldn't parse menu item keyword voteFlag
       0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc_refrcon.menu, line 56: couldn't parse menu keyword itemDef

On 3/9/2022 at 5:32 PM, Ralaoups said:

But when I quit I see some errors that I don't have witout TMMainmenu :

0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc.menu, line 57: expected integer but found CV_SVF_SHUFFLETEAMSXP

0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc.menu, line 57: couldn't parse menu item keyword voteFlag
       0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc.menu, line 57: couldn't parse menu keyword itemDef
       0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc_refrcon.menu, line 56: expected integer but found CV_SVF_SHUFFLETEAMSXP

0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc_refrcon.menu, line 56: couldn't parse menu item keyword voteFlag
       0 ERROR: ui/ingame_vote_misc_refrcon.menu, line 56: couldn't parse menu keyword itemDef

that is weird as it refers to ingame_vote_misc.menu and ingame_misc_refrcon.menu. None of those files have been modified in menu file

You can try this file:

_TMmaintest.pk3

Edited by uips

On 3/6/2022 at 6:15 AM, uips said:

i got the menu working in virtual machine running ubuntu. Issue seems to be releated to file "menus.txt". it contains lots of loadmenu lines. I deleted some other Loadmenu to make total number smaller and the TM menu part worked. It seems like once it exceeds certain amount of lines the game wont start. Need someone from legacy team to confirm it if that really is the problem or its something else. Is there something to do about it?

It seems Memory pool got full, that caused the crashes on server on several specific systems. This issue could be fixed by raising memory pool limit. GIthub link below:
https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/issues/1924

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Ill try to test it on etl2 tomorrow if we can find some testers that would be great. If everything works fine we could try it again on etl1

i think its not part of 2.80 patch yet so no changes made yet, probably same results if try now.

Perhaps 2.80.1 in future will have it fixxed.

• 1 month later...

2.81.0 patch

• Increased (doubled) UI memory pool size for x64 architecture, fixing cases where UI would run out of memory on x64 but run fine on x86 due to different pointer sizes.

2.81 version should fix the memory issue. Once this patch goes live i think its ok to test menu again to see if the problem is solved.

Meanwhile maybe someone would like to check over the rules if all the info is up to date or anything needs to be changed, removed, added and exactly like admins want it.

Current Copy/paste from https://teammuppet.com/home/rules.html/

Notice:

trying to keep the changes to original files minimum so there are only 2 files that overwrite original ones (nothing is removed just added lines)

• ingame_main.menu
  • menus.txt

If there will be changes or updates to those files from legacy team then need to adjust new ones (just copy some lines)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Reworking SK window a bit. Trying to make it more clear for everyone to understand and keeping the info minimal as no one is interested in reading bunch of info.

Are the rules correct and up to date? Anything else should be added or removed?

rulessk.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

SERVER RULES

Respect all players on the server.

Breaking the rules will result in mute, kick or ban..

Have fun and enjoy, its only a game.

COMMUNICATION

1. English is the primary language in the general chat

2. Spamming text/voice chat  is not tolerated

3. Excessive cursing or whining is not tolerated

4. Advertising on the server for services or recruiting is prohibited

GAMEPLAY

5. Cheating or exploiting is not allowed

6. Spawn killing is not allowed unless battling for spawn point's

7. Selfkilling in battle is allowed

8. Pushing or blocking without valid reason is not allowed

9. Trickjumping for an objective is not allowed..

Little rework of rules i could find expressed with minimal text usage for easier and faster processing. Can be used under server rules tab, additional reference link to forums is possible for more detailed rules and explanations if needed.

Probably even ditch Clan member rules and Admin/member guidelines tabs completely as majority of the server users are regular players and members probably already familiar with such stuff so no need to flood with too much information as it can be found in the forums anyways if anyone feels the need for it.

Edited by uips

Currently looking something like that. Also possible to add button to open forum link for full list of rules with more explanations if necessary.

Same can be done under SK rules to open Legacy Server Rules,Admin/Member Guidelines and Commands! for additional pictures.

Removing 2 tabs with information directed to members seems to clear up more ui memory and this might work now on 64bit Ubuntu without crashing client.

253722155_serverrules.thumb.jpg.f7baf7d82a21b68bad58b68c86dcfe6f.jpg

Edited by uips
  • Like 3