Multikill + Killing spree sound effects

I remember those Unreal Tournament sounds being very rewarding whenever you hear a monsterkill with airstrike, multikill with dynamite, double kill with landmine or hearing Godlike after reaching  certain killing spree. I think something about those simple sounds adds a lot to the fun aspect of game.

Legacy server follows very much vanilla gameplay experience which is the main reason why i play on this server (no poison smokes, shotguns, other kind of gameplay affecting tweaks etc.)

But I think it would be awesome to be able to turn those sounds on or off from ingame option so players could choose for themselves if they like it or not. It should not affect general gameplay very much.

Just an idea to think about.

You have alot of good ideas but this one is bad.

We dont want a jaymod public server with much blablabla like double jump/killingspree sounds etc

The philosfy behind ETL1 is keep it pure keep it simple and keep it playable for everyone.

42 minutes ago, Stumpel said:

Sounds bad idea. Sory but, mostly the game only fills with that kill spam then.. It comes very annoying during the time..

My idea was that it will not be forced on by server, as an option if player chooses to use it.  So u could turn it on or disable it complitly if u are not interested in it.

If i remember correctly then the sounds are for 1 player only not hearing other people kill sprees and multikills. What comes to all text spams i have disabled all the kill spam anyway. Text spam should always be customizable as well, so u can either choose to enable sounds only or sounds+"spam texts".

Still wondering why kill spree, death spree and revive spree texts are still not filterable in legacy,  i would rather filter that info straight into console.

But i understand staying true to vanilla, thats up to server admins. I brought it up as an idea to create the option, not forcing it on, whenever a player chooses for vanilla experience that should not be interfered by forced  settings.

• Like 1

Multiquote incoming :hi:

4 hours ago, uips said:

My idea was that it will not be forced on by server, as an option if player chooses to use it.  So u could turn it on or disable it complitly if u are not interested in it.

4 hours ago, uips said:

But i understand staying true to vanilla, thats up to server admins. I brought it up as an idea to create the option, not forcing it on, whenever a player chooses for vanilla experience that should not be interfered by forced  settings.

I like the thinking behind this. Why not allow something that does not give any competitive advantage but a fun experience or trip back to memory land for some?

I think if its doable, it should be done and be turned off by default and whoever likes, can turn it back on.

It carries the same logic with allowing turn on/off blood, beatiful sky, smoke etc but unlike the previous - its a preference that has no competitive advantage. :) 

15 hours ago, FrenchPie said:

I'm not big fan of that sounds. Doesn't help the game and promotes fragging  instead of team play. 

Its a war game. There will be fragging if we like it or not. There will be fraggers if we like it or not. Awards like "highest fragger" for example promotes much more fragging, but we are fine giving that award out every round? And show the killspree record of the map?

5 hours ago, Stumpel said:

Sounds bad idea. Sory but, mostly the game only fills with that kill spam then.. It comes very annoying during the time..

You missed the most important part of the idea - the sounds can be turned on/off and that choice can be personal to everyone.

On 12/29/2021 at 9:19 PM, Dmxj said:

The philosfy behind ETL1 is keep it pure keep it simple and keep it playable for everyone.

We have enabled custom sounds and images before. Even winter/christmas time. I dont see how this is different? If we wanna keep it fully pure, then lets also disallow custom configs and scripts for players as they are complete opposites of pure and simple.

On 12/29/2021 at 9:21 PM, Sebast1an said:

I like the option of having a choice whether you'd like them enabled or not. Personally not a big fan.

+1 . Thats how it should be on most cases where the option gives no advantage. Even if we personally dont like it, we should not prevent others having and enjoying it.

Edited by Ctrz
Do you believe in Santa?
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, FrenchPie said:

I'm not big fan of that sounds. Doesn't help the game and promotes fragging  instead of team play. 

Don’t wanna be that guy but seeing ETL1 it’s mostly about fragging and killing sprees as most medics ignore you… Yes there are exceptions but most pubbers come to fragg and not to teamplay 

3 hours ago, Stumpel said:

Whats the command for turn it off then?

you can always use "sv_novoicechats 1" or use binds for example /bind m toggle cg_novoicechats if voicechats already bother you. But I remind that currently we are discussing theory of adding something that could be turned on/off so theories usually dont have already practical commands programmed in.

• Like 1