SW Battery command post

The fact that axis can spawn at command post without it being constructed feels broken:

• Allies covert ops can succeed in destroying command post (destroy axis spawn) yet axis can still spawn there.
  • Whenever axis engineer spawns and clicks pliers on neutral command post it will deny allies from building it till next axis spawn. This can happen in row as allies are dominating the are but there is axis still spawning and those engineers denying allies from fully capturing the area.

I think axis should be able to spawn there only when command post is up. If the spawn point is essential in side defense at map start why not start the map with axis command post already fully built as default.

3 hours ago, Nanaa said:

It feels unfair yes but I'd say Allies still have ~75% win rate on that map.

That might be true, but i still think bugged mechanics is not the correct way. Sometimes the side way is really hard for allies if it is defended enough by axis, To capture the spawn you need covert ops, engineer and luck all together. I find that axis command post under construction exploit really annoying as it sometimes gives axis several free spawns with shields. Allies have to survive those waves or die trying. If axis player managed to get those pliers on right time it might go on endlessly. In a way keeping it under construction on purpose will exploit it even more because it will completely deny allies from building it.

1 hour ago, uips said:

That might be true, but i still think bugged mechanics is not the correct way. Sometimes the side way is really hard for allies if it is defended enough by axis, To capture the spawn you need covert ops, engineer and luck all together. I find that axis command post under construction exploit really annoying as it sometimes gives axis several free spawns with shields. Allies have to survive those waves or die trying. If axis player managed to get those pliers on right time it might go on endlessly. In a way keeping it under construction on purpose will exploit it even more because it will completely deny allies from building it.

Yeah, I agree with you. But for Objective game mode's balance Axis would need some advantage elsewhere in return.

Maybe @kemonor @Acizcould consider this if ETL overhaul was ever made.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, Jessica said:

Its true that Axis can spawn at a broken CP, but after allies have build it they can't.

The problem is u can deny allies from building it through exploit. Construction stays active for 30secs. Axis spawn time is lower than 30sec. Engineer can keep respawning with shield and just click pliers on command post to reset construction time and keep repating that. You dont want to finish building that CP, as long as it is under construction by axis there is no way for allies to capture the spawn point, therefore no way to deny axis from spawning.

Exploitable yes but apart from a select few, people don't usually realize how easy it is to hold command posts in general. Also, I have never seen anyone hold the command post like this for very long because eventually your teammates will build it if you don't.

As for Battery: the map is over if allies capture the command post while axis still hold the flag. Should not make the map any easier in my opinion. It is by no means impossible as it is.

20 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Exploitable yes but apart from a select few, people don't usually realize how easy it is to hold command posts in general. Also, I have never seen anyone hold the command post like this for very long because eventually your teammates will build it if you don't.

As for Battery: the map is over if allies capture the command post while axis still hold the flag. Should not make the map any easier in my opinion. It is by no means impossible as it is.

most impressive allied victories happen when axis have cp, allies get flag and gets indoors and then before dyna plant some axis gets the flag back and engineers who want to defuse dyna spawn either in cp or in flag :D 

1 hour ago, Ctrz said:

most impressive allied victories happen when axis have cp, allies get flag and gets indoors and then before dyna plant some axis gets the flag back and engineers who want to defuse dyna spawn either in cp or in flag :D 

Maybe the flag part should be one time objective, like allies take the spawn over permanently somehow. That would fix that particular issue. Something to consider in further releases of the map, if there are going to be any?

4 hours ago, uips said:

Maybe the flag part should be one time objective, like allies take the spawn over permanently somehow. That would fix that particular issue. Something to consider in further releases of the map, if there are going to be any?

no. if flag is captured permanently after 1 time then the map would be even harder for allies. currently its actually benefitting them if axis spawn either cp or flag and not with everyone in their main spawn.