Selfkilling player stats

Server Rules

3. Selfkilling in battle is allowed, but it will count as a kill for the enemy player.

Right now it does not count as a kill or i might be wrong?
Some servers useĀ  the popup to display in combat suicide like a regular kill PLAYER "was scared to death" by PLAYER. Wouldnt it be nice addition in public server where this rather competitive behavior is accounted as deaths and kills like a regular death/kill with any weapon.

Perhaps even give award at the end of map Most times Scared to death.

selfkill.jpg

• Like 2

I like the idea, I guess the last player to shoot & hit the self-killer would be the one picked as the awarded scary person. Might want to limit that to 'in the last 3 seconds' or so, so not to catch out people who self-kill to change class or to get unstuck etc.

No idea how you would actually implement this, though. Someone with ETL / modding experience want to weigh in on feasibility?

52 minutes ago, StarScream said:

I guess the last player to shoot & hit the self-killer would be the one picked as the awarded scary person.

I agree, awarding Scariest person would makes more sense since i think there is already award for most selfkills. So basicaly award would go for player who experiences most enemy self kills during combat, seems fun.

51 minutes ago, StarScream said:

No idea how you would actually implement this,

Falling to death through enemy impact is working in a similar way in the server right now.

Edited by uips

6 hours ago, uips said:

3. Selfkilling in battle is allowed, but it will count as a kill for the enemy player.

It was this way in old server where that kill was awarded. Not in legacy.Ā 

I would add 2 sec delay to selfkill command to make selfkills in battle not a thing anymore. If someone wanna tap out for ammo, then it can still be timed.

10 hours ago, Ctrz said:

It was this way in old server where that kill was awarded. Not in legacy.Ā 

I would add 2 sec delay to selfkill command to make selfkills in battle not a thing anymore. If someone wanna tap out for ammo, then it can still be timed.

Nope we had the discussion before :DĀ and this will not happen (i hope so).

About the feature i think it's possible to rechange the script tbh. i'll ask the devsĀ 

22 minutes ago, Dmxj said:

Nope we had the discussion before :DĀ and this will not happen (i hope so).

About the feature i think it's possible to rechange the script tbh. i'll ask the devsĀ 

are you saying "no" because it would be disadvantage to you ;) ?

I dont understand discussion about selfkills. For me it does not matter if some1 sk in battle or not. What is a problem with this ? Frustration or something ? The same with collection SR. I dont care about any stats etc. Game should be fun ;)

Just now, lost said:

I dont understand discussion about selfkills. For me it does not matter if some1 sk in battle or not. What is a problem with this ? Frustration or something ? The same with collection SR. I dont care about any stats etc. Game should be fun ;)

Well, it seems that for some people it matters. :)Ā Its like in sports when you are having good game, doing personal best result and suddenly game is finished due a "mercy rule".Ā 

But this is normal behaviour of engine of this game. Why we should change it Ā ? To make someone feels better ? Im very angry for example with changes in sniper class. For me this is ridiculous that sniper can jump, move while scoping. And rate of fg32.... insane ! But i can deal with it and play like always.

8 minutes ago, lost said:

But this is normal behaviour of engine of this game. Why we should change it Ā ? To make someone feels better ? Im very angry for example with changes in sniper class. For me this is ridiculous that sniper can jump, move while scoping. And rate of fg32.... insane ! But i can deal with it and play like always.

Not really normal behaviour. More of a exploit that has gone so far that its very hard to get control over it again. I remember watching pro games between teams when "selfkill" was not a thing, but was a part of game. Selfkill was coded in to give stuck player or lost player chance to respawn again.

If there are issues with sniper class or firerate of fg42 then it should be discussed in that topic - it serves no purpose to bring complaints over other features to this topic here.Ā 

There were times when enemy got rewarded for your selfkill, there were times where selfkills were limited 5 per map. There were times when selfkill in battle was not allowed. Times changes, people changes, opinion changes - we can only reach to somewhat objective result when we try to analyse both sides of the story and not just the side that we are on.

Alright then we should get rid of the 2fops/team limit as you almost never receive ammos on the battlefield and get stuck with 4 clips of luger against 12 players.

Seriously let players be...

3 minutes ago, DiNg said:

Alright then we should get rid of the 2fops/team limit as you almost never receive ammos on the battlefield and get stuck with 4 clips of luger against 12 players.

Seriously let players be...

you just read through what I wrote, but I say again - can we please keep this topic about selfkills and if you want to discuss "2fops/team" question then lets open new topic to discuss it. Shouldnt be too hard :)Ā 

I understand that selfkill in battle can be frustrating, you don't get the reward (kill) for being the better shooter (or winner of given encounter, whatever) . ButĀ  I am strongly against a time delay. Yes you can time it, but first you have to remember that there IS a delay, then apply that. That would lead to many missed respawns imo.

As for the kill award, yeah, absolutely, award the kill to the last person to hit you before your selfkill (probably something like a second or two before).

• Like 3

From my standpoint, infight self kill is really frustrating, especially when the guy who sk is a pure fragger.

A delay could limit some behaviors such as people who trick jump into enemies group with nades or panza, and who selkill before being killed.Ā 
To be very honest, I would disable also all the Ā player weapons as soon as he has activated the sekfkill command.Ā 

Some pple will consider that I'm a bitĀ  extremist, but I consider that systematic uses of selfkill is a plague for the funĀ  so any solution to limit this practice would be good.

šŸ˜

Ā 

• Like 3

Obviously we had further conversation on discord but thought best to put my opinion in here too since this is the main topic for this discussion.Ā 
Ā 

My opinion is it shouldnā€™t be changed as I like the self kill feature.
Ā 

however I see both sides and I think some people are forgetting that the aim is to find the happiest solution for everyone.Ā 
Ā 

As said by others I think the best course of action is award kill to person who last inflicted damage to the person who self kills. This way we can have the people who get frustrated by self kill get awarded and the people who use the self kill as a battle tactic to still be able to do this.Ā 
Ā 

As for the suicidal kamikaze self killer dilemma then surely self kill counts as a death? That way it decreases the likelihood someone will do this. But again if someone is doing this strategically they still can.Ā 
Ā 

this seems to be the fair and down the middle approach to me but feel free to disagree thatā€™s why we have these discussions. Just remember bigger picture and not what you want.

Ā 

Much love my fellow Muppets šŸ–¤

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ctrz said:

you just read through what I wrote, but I say again - can we please keep this topic about selfkills and if you want to discuss "2fops/team" question then lets open new topic to discuss it. Shouldnt be too hard :)Ā 

No, you got stuck on your idea that selfkilling isnt right on our server and can't see that people actually use it for other purpose than to "frustrate" the enemy.

Ā 

ETLegacy is way more obj based than ETPub was, because of the SR system. Yes, that's right, people go for the obj to make their e-ego better. Like it or not. You don't see many big fraggers not helping their team like we used to see. And sorry to point it out but when teams go for the objective it makes them competitive, and competitive gameplays on ET require selfkilling.

• Thanks 1

Never really understood the issue with selfkills but if any changes were made, they should be towards counting selfkills as kills/deaths and not anything related to delays. Pretty sure nothing will change though, people don't usually selfkill to avoid deaths so it'll keep happening.

42 minutes ago, Sebast1an said:

people don't usually selfkill to avoid deaths

I can't agree here. Many players use selfkill in battle just to avoid death. I'd even say it's quiet often and pretty annoying.

The simpliest solutions tend to be the best solutions - as it was mentioned above - the last player to hit a selfkiller gets a kill award and everyone should be satisfied.

• Like 5
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

8 minutes ago, divine_one said:

I can't agree here. Many players use selfkill in battle just to avoid death. I'd even say it's quiet often and pretty annoying.

The simpliest solutions tend to be the best solutions - as it was mentioned above - the last player to hit a selfkiller gets a kill award and everyone should be satisfied.

I feel the same.

• Like 2

They must to because we are suggesting this. Now one cares if someone selfkill somewhere else than battle.

18 hours ago, divine_one said:

This will work for both sides. Hope we get it in legacy someday :)Ā 

Edited by Ande

Hello

For me a SK is a feature and is mandatory if you play in a competitive way.

- rush with nade and sk

- Sk to go back to Spawn

- sk to avoid a full Spawn death

So why not giving a frag to your enemy but please don t put restrictions on /kill

:)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1