hey, life is brytal

Kriss

I know it's a sensitive topic so first off admins will be moderating it as such. Please keep any radical, racial or otherwise stupid comments to yourself.

War is terrible and no-one condones what has happened. We wish all the best to Ukraine and highly oppose Russia for what it is doing.

That said. What has young John from St. Petersburg done to warrant a ban from TM's ET servers? I understand stomping on the oligarchs and politicians and the people who side in favour of the war, but a general ban on a nations public who arguably disagree with the war doesn't seem fair to me. Even more so in this obscure little community in Wolfenstein:ET.

Edited by Charlie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • TeamMuppet coin 2

Well said Charlie. Very diplomatic. 

I almost replied last night but had a less diplomatic response in my head 😳

Just because someone is Russian doesn’t mean they approve of war or hate Ukrainians automatically. More likely they are angry at their own government. 

• Like 1
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

First - post it in player abuse? Really?

Secondly - as I radically agree with "special economics operations" (not sanctions in Putins terms) that are forced on people in Russia and I understand why they are unfairly put under pressure, I believe that activities that people do in free time (and which has no economical benefit) should not be banned.

Even more - playing games in servers outside Russia (FPS games like ET, CS, valorant, R6S etc, all mmorpg games ..) maybe gives those Russian people the only way to communicate people outside Russia as facebook, twitter, youtube etc are all closed off. They have no real ways to connect to their friends and get at least some accurate information on what is going on. Coming from former USSR state and from behind Iron Curtain - I know fairly well how tough is to be cut off from rest of the world.

Edited by Ctrz
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй! 💛💙
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TeamMuppet coin 2

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is allowed to play on our servers, but we don't allow anyone to glorify the Russian war in any way. No messages in chats, no names etc.

I'm currently at work, but I'll try to get an admin online right now to deal with it.

• Thanks 1